S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 10 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Road Course

What time race should we run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
That was a "bizarre" race for me as i did 3 races sunday to prepare and fix the setup for this one. I was confident on my pace and knew from practice session lap times that i should manage top 3 in Q but ! ^^ i didn't know iRacing has a 'bug' when you switch directly practice to q to R being in the same session it changed your boost map on the car if you have pitlimiter activated if i'm right something like this. So i did few laps during practices and then we off to Q where the "glitch" or "bug" happened i went out to do my laps, done my best and found myself 0.3/0.4 off the pace so no questions this is about draft.
We go to the race and early i overtook Jaroslav quite tight :/ on the exit (x4), everyone was managing to save fuel but in the long straight i've found that i was struggling to stay in the draft even with better exit and when i was in front of someone in the mirrors i've found that the cars behind came very quickly with the draft so i was thinking about damaged from the slight contact with Jaroslav. When it comes to Phil Reid having a very good pace i wasnt able to follow him as i wanted or being quicker , was keeping asking myself "wtf i'm not as fast as i was there is something wrong, let's check in the pit if i have damages" and something told me look at your dashboard , the moment where i saw engine map 1 boost 5 . "Ok what if i put 8" "i'm slower" "put it to 1" (didn't see the difference now so put it back to 5) and then 1 or 2 laps later i put it back to 1 behind phil and i saw i huge difference. Then i try to continue what i was doing since the begining (saving fuel) but i was 0.4 faster than the rest of the race with the same driving.

Had a contact with @Ycoms too i don't really know how we've done this need to check the replay but completly unfortunate :/

A bit lucky aswell with the others incidents from the leaders.

See you next.

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 9, 2019
@Marvin Can you please explane me what the hell happened in the last lap??????
Being a moderator (or whatever) of the league, I do not understand why did you hit me 3 TIMES in the last lap!! Trying to take me out?

• Scared
Reactions: Deerladog

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
I do not understand why did you hit me 3 TIMES in the last lap!!
I don't think this is an completely fair statement, as I've watched back the incidents multiple times and still don't think the contacts were completely on me (apart from T1). At the moment it happened I was surprised to feel multiple contacts with you, because I wasn't driving that much more aggressive as normal and was leaving roughly the same amount of space as I would normally do. Wanted to post the videos anyway as I'm happy to discuss it.

First incident (2:15:48 ):

I think I had the right to the second apex, because you were no longer alongside me. Think this is especially visible from the second pov. This is the one I'm most curious about what others think. Do you still have the right to take the inside for T2? Personally I don't think so. Can understand a different opinion on this one.

Last lap contacts (2:04:09 ):

T1 is clearly my fault, went a bit too wide. No real harm done, but still apologies for the contact.

T4. This is fully on you imo. You leave a full car width to the outside. It is to be expected you use the full track on corner exit and I would say you force me too much too the inside.

Last contact at T6. Think we both could have left a bit more margin. You could have gone a bit more to the outside and I could have given a bit more room. Again don't see this as my fault, only partially, but nothing major again.

Trying to take me out?
I never like these kind of statements. You can just ask me about my pov and I'll happily explain the situation. I always try to race as cleanly as possible and these are the first incidents I've been involved in this season and I consider myself a really fair driver, so these kind of statements are not necessary.

Happy to take feedback from other drivers as well if they feel I clearly did something wrong in the videos above.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Deerladog

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 9, 2019
My fault!? No, no and no! I am a fair driver, and when I am side by side, I leave space, enought not to hit anyone. The same does not apply to you, at least, taking this last lap in considetaration. In 6 corners, you hit me 3 times. I just kept my line in all the incidentes.
So I have to drive, always almost in the grass or almost offtrack, when I am side by side!? Is that what you trying to say!?
Check your video at 2h05m25s and see who opens the trajectory, in turn 4! That 100% your fault. I just kept my line and you tried to open the corner, going for the rubber on the track.
I do not get it.. I had new tires and you knew I would overtake you easily, with a fair fight.. That's my opinion.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
As i said I think you should have been more to the left at the exit of that corner, as you leave a full car width on the outside. You turn too much to the right imo.

1558554276245.png

I don't think we're going to agree on this, so I suggest not letting this thread go into a 2-man discussion trying to convince the other we we didn't do anything wrong. Still happy to hear others opinion if they want to share and have a little discussion, but I've said everything I wanted to say about this to you and don't see any big issues on how we drove here. :) If you want to take it to the stewards that's also fine.

The only thing I don't like is you kinda making me out for a **** that doesn't know how to drive or doesn't respect you. I hope that's not the case, because you can clearly see that there was no malicious intent in my driving.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2017
In my humble pleb opinion I think both drivers have to accept responsibility for all of these incidents (bar the T1 crash Marvin said was entirely his fault). T2 I feel like is more on Marvin, if I feel like another driver might still have his nose there I personally would still leave room, even though I can see why Marvin thought Paulo wasn't entitled to it. T4 I side more with Marvin, I too would expect Paulo to use more of the track available to him, even if he doesn't use all of it. I don't know what it was like at the time, but maybe Marvin could have also realised sooner that Paulo wasn't doing what was expected. T6 just looks like one of those things that happens sometimes, but if I had to pin blame I would say this is mostly Marvin. Unlike the T4 crash, I feel like Paulo used a reasonable amount of track and so this one in my opinion is mostly Marvin. Just my thoughts on the matter I suppose.