S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 11 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Dareks

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 6, 2019
Sorry for late reply but I have to skip this round as well. Have to stay at job all day. Cya next round.

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

mzeleni8

Formula Karter
Nov 9, 2016
Regis (#298) I don't know what you were doing there in lap 6, you were 3 cars behind and managed to hit me in the braking zone.
Terrible race for me...again.

Reguii

Pro Karter
Mar 8, 2019
Regis (#298) I don't know what you were doing there in lap 6, you were 3 cars behind and managed to hit me in the braking zone.
Terrible race for me...again.
I was not trying to overtake all the package but just avoiding pushing someone but I've been suprised to see all cars braking too early or to strong than needed, so I went on the right.
But unfortunately when my right wheels where on the grass my car just spin and I wasn't able to do anything to avoid the crash.
My mistake, I'm sorry for that It wasn't my objective to hit you or anybody else.

Also I assume it wasn't your objective to hit me in the last chicane some laps after, when I was trying to overtake correctly ? ;)

Last edited:

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Well deserved all of you!

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Well done @CarbonUK on winning the AM class..was hoping to have closed the cap on you but got spun, ended last and could only mamage p22 (p3 in class) . Awesome consistancy over the season bud.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Damnit @Dirty_manouche, not again! xD

Some great racing there at the end with a car that felt completely shattered. Nearly got @Marvin for 10th at one point, then ended up losing the photofinish to get 12th. Slightly annoying as I could've battled for 7th if it wasn't for my spin, but I suppose a lot of people had their spins and moments in this race.

Congrats on the championship though @Dirty_manouche, it was clear since Suzuka at least that you were gonna be the one to beat for the Pro/Am championship, and you were clearly the consistently fastest throughout the season, so well done!

Congrats to @Dan_Suzuki and @CarbonUK as well!

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
Reactions: Pretender and Isir

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Finally got my first class podium and finished in the top 10 overall for the first time.

Definitely had to work for it. Went side by side through the first 2 corners on the last lap with Knut. Luckily got a good exit out of turn 2 and managed to keep P2. Didn't really make a mistake during the race and finished with 0x, so kind of a perfect race for me. Really happy right now.

Congrats to @Dan_Suzuki @Dirty_manouche and @CarbonUK !

mzeleni8

Formula Karter
Nov 9, 2016
I was not trying to overtake all the package but just avoiding pushing someone but I've been suprised to see all cars braking too early or to strong than needed, so I went on the right.
But unfortunately when my right wheels where on the grass my car just spin and I wasn't able to do anything to avoid the crash.
My mistake, I'm sorry for that It wasn't my objective to hit you or anybody else.

Also I assume it wasn't your objective to hit me in the last chicane some laps after, when I was trying to overtake correctly ? ;)
Basically the same thing actually, my wheel caught a bit of grass unfortunately, I apologize.
We were wheel to wheel though, the accident before was a freaky one for sure, I didn't know where did you come from.
Eh, it happens.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Hadn’t touched iRacing since the Nurburgring round, and it showed in practice, basically spent the whole thing in the barriers.

Sort of picked my way through the chaos of the opening few laps and found myself 5 seconds or so behind @Marvin i was slowly closing, like a few tenths now and then when I made an error through the last chicane and clipped the wall. The damage threw me off for a couple of laps and I fell way back, didn’t help that I tried to message @McPhilen and flew off at the chicane before the hairpin.

Somehow after the pit stop though it seemed I’d made up some time somewhere, and I was back behind @Marvin and then @FisiFan91 and @Dirty_manouche both went off which got me ahead of them, and then I chucked it off the track again letting Fisk back ahead. Stuck to the back of him for the rest of the race, but when Kevin caught back up after his off he just had so much pace I couldn’t do anything to defend, the pad had meant that my rear tyres were completely ruined at this point, all of the traction zones were just hell.

Final lap and Fisi and Kevin were battling meaning I could just about keep up in my ruined Ferrari. Final chicane and I hung back to get the mega exit on them both and it looked like I could get the jump on them both maybe, but then when I floored the throttle the rear tyres cried enough and my momentum was gone. Meant I got a pretty great view of the photo finish for 11th though!

It honestly feels like I do better when I don’t bother practicing.

Reactions: Dirty_manouche

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
Had few laps on sunday evening to see how this big boi goes around the track an epic joke ^^ .
Far off the pace in Q 0.7s cause i wasn't be able to find the good braking point especially in the last chicane, not agressive enough with the car into the corners.
Two mistakes, one on lap 3 , slowdown and Lap twenty smthg first chicane where the car just loss grip on exit. @SaraDove nice avoiding big crash :/.
From that i did my best to recover few position and manage a P5 can't come back up the field due to similar pace but also too many little mistakes with the car which was like bouncing just enough to make u lose 0.5 a lap. I had great little battle btw and really enjoy it.
See you in Le Mans =).

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I'd like to say too, that I stayed in the session purely to watch lap 1 stuff and it was clean as a whistle from what i saw. 40+ cars and no big incident. We've only had 1 big crash so far this season and that wasn't even on lap 1.

Genuinely brilliant. Testament to the quality of drivers we have here.

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
I was scared. Short track, 40+ cars, walls everywhere. But as Stevie mentioned, we had a very clean race, especially in the first laps when the pack was very close together. So I really enjoyed Montreal. No big incidents (iirc 4 inc-points by own mistakes). P20 at the end, my first race points. And I won AM-Class, what a surprise :devilish:

Looking forward to LeMans and the next season,
D.

Reactions: Marvin

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
I'll definitely take P2.
Didn't have a lot of time to drive the car in recent weeks, so the hour before quali and whatever VRS came up with a setup had to do.
The pace Enar and Claudiu had at the front was magical, and I was in disbelief after Dan's quali time, how on earth did you do that in the BMW in this track?! xD
Kept it consistent and was hoping for a 0 inc race which absolutely would have worked as I had no off-track, but unfotunately I panicked a bit in a tight backmarker situation with Koen and Regis I believe it was. Sorry for the contact in that case Koen, I locked my rears for a brief second.

Congrats to Enar on the win, drove in his absolute own class yesterday!

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
I had no pace at all last night and was struggling to keep the car out of the walls. Was a lap down after 15 or so laps which I was a bit embarrassed about. :D

In the end I gained 14 places by just staying on track but I'm glad my worst track is done. I kept out of the way as much as I could when being lapped, I hope no one was effected by me at any point.

Congrats to all of the class winners! :)