S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Attached a table for all of those who never have heard about UK time - which in fact should be BST (=UTC+1) . By the way UTC is not a time zone it's a world wide time standard and GMT is a timezone which is following the UTC time. And during winter time in Great-Britain they use GMT.

By they way - and to make it more complicated - the in central europe we will switch from wintertime to summertime as well, meaning we are going from CET to CEST. But that's supposed to have an end in 2020 :p:p But as of today it's not being decided what time (winter or summer) will be kept :unsure:

bbreviationTime zone nameOther namesOffset
BST British Summer Time UTC +1
CEST Central European Summer Time MESZUTC +2
CET Central European Time MEZUTC +1
EEST Eastern European Summer Time OESZUTC +3
EET Eastern European Time OEZUTC +2
FET Further-Eastern European Time UTC +3
GMT Greenwich Mean Time UTC +0
IST Irish Standard Time UTC +1
KUYT Kuybyshev Time UTC +4
MSD Moscow Daylight Time UTC +4
MSK Moscow Standard Time UTC +3
SAMT Samara Time UTC +4
TRT Turkey Time UTC +3
WEST Western European Summer Time WESZUTC +1
WET Western European Time WEZUTC +0

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
@Stevie @ramdrop Okay, I'm really confused RN. Does the race start the "Normal" time or have the starttime changed? If it has changed, is it 1 hour earlier or later?

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Thats why we should all speak in GMT, like iRacing does...;)

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
@Stevie @ramdrop Okay, I'm really confused RN. Does the race start the "Normal" time or have the starttime changed? If it has changed, is it 1 hour earlier or later?
The clocks in the UK move into summer time at the same time as it does for the rest of Europe. So the sessions will start at the same time as before for us in Scandinavia - always 1 hour later than the UK time stated in the race thread.

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
The clocks in the UK move into summer time at the same time as it does for the rest of Europe. So the sessions will start at the same time as before for us in Scandinavia - always 1 hour later than the UK time stated in the race thread.
Yeah! I figured out :) But thanks. Just got very confused with the whole UK time, European time, BST and all the other timezones that were mentioned in rampdrops post

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
@3xTreme here is a simple guide (as i play with a dutch team for many years on fps games I can work it np)

GMT is the current timezone here in the UK and CET (Central European time) is usually GMT +1.

Every summer the clocks in the UK go forward and we move to BST (British Summer time) which is GMT + 1. That is now the same as the CET timezone.

However central europe also move their clocks forward and move to CEST (Central european summer time) which is CET + 1.

So the summarise:
17:00 GMT = 18:00 CET = 18:00 BST = 19:00 CEST

Hope that helps :)

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
Finally can make my Season 6 start! Tracks been kind to me in practice!

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
@Stevie im currently at my training course and been made aware that my house is without power. Gonna pass my seat on for today as i don't wanna hold back someone from racing :)

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

jeremyh#82

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
Hello,

I will not be available for tonight's round at Silverstone.

very quickly on for the next step.

see you soo

• Informative
Reactions: Stephan

BaBaBoye

Formula Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Might not make it in time, will update in an hour.

UPDATE: Think I am well enough to drive tonight.

Last edited: