S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Due to unforeseen personal circumstances for a member of our commentary team. There will be no broadcast tonight of the iRacing GTE League.

Apologies for this.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Tough race after accidentally starting from the pits. It was good fun fighting through, but once I got to the clean air the tyres were gone, so I was kind of just fighting the car. Had a nice last few laps chase of @Marvin and got the pass done into T1 of the final lap.

Should probably start on the grid next time though.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Had battles throughout the race and kept it clean. I'm dripping with sweat, this was awesome.
Was off pace, due to not having any seat time in 2 weeks, considering that, happy with the result.

My favorite clip of the race, underligning why AOR GTE is awesome (spoiler: because of the drivers)

Reactions: VSR Davidben

Tjor

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
I managed to get a good qualifying lap in which put me higher up the field than I should have been. Race start was clean, but Carlos immediately managed to overtake me. I then ran several laps with about the same pace as the guys in front of me and my teammate Dan behind me. When we got closer towards our planned pits, Carlos made a mistake coming out of Chapel which gave me P4. He managed to close the gap fast enough though and overtook me with a few laps to go before pit time. Meanwhile behind me, Mike had managed to overtake Dan and was closing in on me.

I pitted 1 lap sooner than anticipated because Carlos and Dominik were getting close enough for a battle, which I tried to avoid with the pitstop. After the pit cycle was completed I found myself half a second behind Mike, who managed to jump me but also gain about 2s on Dan. From that moment on, Mike pulled away as my tires were gone. I just didn't have the rear traction, which cost me quite a bit of time. Dan closed the gap fast as well, but decided to stay behind me.

Mike was able to get to Carlos and had an attempt for P4 which took nearly half a lap of side-by-side action. Because of that, I got within a second again. Only 2 laps to go at that point and I expected another attempt from Mike which could give me an opportunity to nick a spot, but Carlos kept it nice and tidy and didn't give Mike an opportunity.

Faultless race from my part, I just didn't have the pace. Gratz to Chris for the well deserved victory and to Jason and Dominik for the nice podium finishes.

Last edited:

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
So I hate Silverstone which is why I was so surprised with qualifying when I lined on the grid in P2 behind the almighty @Ycoms

Now, if you have been following myself and @Ycoms you will know we never get to race together because one of us (usually me) gets involved in some stupid incident, however, today was not the case.

I managed to follow @Ycoms for the majority of the race but sadly he started getting away after I made a mistake into the penultimate corner and ran slightly wide dropping me from his slipstream.

I was roughly the same pace as @N1kmido behind me and so I just kept plodding along. Things got tense when a backmarker decided to park it on the exit of the Priory for which I called him an idiot. I'd like to apologise for my outburst, but I didn't want to lose time. I know he had nowhere to go really as he had gone off.

Managed to save some fuel and so could get the jump in the pitstop and gained a second back to @Ycoms but in the end it was all about bringing the car home safely.

Reactions: Ycoms

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
What happened at the formation lap too? People were leaving massive gaps and backing everyone up, then everyone seemed to bolt around T13, seemed a bit strange to me, or is that how it it so far back? Lol

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Possibly one of my best races ever <:
After 30 minutes trying to catch up I was litteraly exhausted ;)
On my side I'm quite happy with this result, considering I was nowhere last season on that track. 1st points, Yay!!

Dan_Suzuki

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Was not the most exciting race for me - think there were no battles on track this time for me :D Finished way better than expected though. I really hate Silverstone o_O Congratulations to Chris for winning :)

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
So I hate Silverstone which is why I was so surprised with qualifying when I lined on the grid in P2 behind the almighty @Ycoms

Now, if you have been following myself and @Ycoms you will know we never get to race together because one of us (usually me) gets involved in some stupid incident, however, today was not the case.

I managed to follow @Ycoms for the majority of the race but sadly he started getting away after I made a mistake into the penultimate corner and ran slightly wide dropping me from his slipstream.

I was roughly the same pace as @N1kmido behind me and so I just kept plodding along. Things got tense when a backmarker decided to park it on the exit of the Priory for which I called him an idiot. I'd like to apologise for my outburst, but I didn't want to lose time. I know he had nowhere to go really as he had gone off.

Managed to save some fuel and so could get the jump in the pitstop and gained a second back to @Ycoms but in the end it was all about bringing the car home safely.
Not a problem and sorry for the line i took, Glad it was 0x contact although i did suffer from 25 secs of optionals...

Jake_Towns

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2018
I had a really good race, some great battles with many cars and I decide to not pit when i should of and more or less run out of fuel.

Also I wanted to bring something up with the admin, my pit box entry was impossible and I mean IMPOSSIBLE to enter @Stevie - @Stephan can back me up on this - I would have lost sooooooo much time trying to get into the pit box if i was racing and hadn't run out of fuel into the pit lane - Review of Silverstone being used in the future with that many cars as that simply isn't fair. (Link in hyperlink of my entry)

Pix Box Fiasco

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Not a problem and sorry for the line i took, Glad it was 0x contact although i did suffer from 25 secs of optionals...
You got contact from that? I got no contact or anything because I hit the brakes foreseeing what could have happened

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
@Stevie can you remove my 2 incident points so I have 4 and not 6. I did a doughnut after the race and got a 1x for going off and then 1x->2x for 'loss of control' :p