S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 3 - Silverstone

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not the most exciting race as I pulled a gap from the driver behind early on. Stayed closely behind @poisike78 for the first 20 laps and was confident that I would eventually get a change to battle him. After 20 laps he suddenly pulled a 5s gap and I was never able to catch up again.

With about 5 laps to go @McPhilen was catching me tough. Wasn't sure if I wanted to defend, because I know he's a lot faster and is going to be placed in the Pro class. Decided to take the risk and defend as hard as I could. Was able to keep him behind reasonably well, but on the last lap he was able to pass me in T1. Went side by side through Maggots, but I was the one who chickened out just before Becketts. Luckily I did, because I would have died otherwise. Was a fun battle.

Really wish I had a little bit more pace to fight a little bit higher up the grid against the people that are going to be the Pro/Am leaders.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Anyone got the full replay for me?

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I’ve got it too

Reguii

Pro Karter
Mar 8, 2019
How do you save the whole race replay? Mine only seems to save from lap 14 onwards.
You have to activate an option in Iracing.
When you're in an Iracing session, go to "Option => Replay => cross Enable replay spooling" and you will have always the entire race.

But take care to have enough space on your disk for that, almost for endurance races ;)

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
You have to activate an option in Iracing.
When you're in an Iracing session, go to "Option => Replay => cross Enable replay spooling" and you will have always the entire race.

But take care to have enough space on your disk for that, almost for endurance races ;)
Cheers, appreciate that thank you.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
This race came as a surprise really, I did two official races prior to this on Saturday and got dominated by BMW's left, right and center. So to pull sush quali lap out of the bag was super satisfying and probably the best single lap I've done in this car. :)

@ramdrop was super close for the first 15ish laps, and I didn't really think I'd get him out of the slipstream at all until the pitstops. Nevertheless, I kept pushing and eventually the tiny mistake came. Even after that, until the misunderstanding with the lapped car it really never got over two seconds. Got a bit tense in the pit stop phase as I came out right behind two VEC cars which cost me time, and since I suspected Jason saved a bit of fuel at the start of the race it could be close. Worked out fine in the end though, also was positively surprised how well the Ferrari tyres lasted this time. And as Jason mentioned: YAY, we both finally finished a race decently while both on track. :p Good points for the team too with @N1kmido in P3!

• Winner
Reactions: N1kmido

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
@McPhilen I owe you an apology, I've just managed to watch your PoV of our incident and it seems to have been my own fault and it does show me drifting slightly left into your car, so i apologies for that.