S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Suzuka | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 4 - Suzuka

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Fucked that one up. Sorry to anyone involved in the disaster at Spoon.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
my race is over too. got taken out. 12min mandatory repairs. no point in going back on track, blue flags wouldnt allow a single undisturbed lap.

mzeleni8

Formula Karter
Nov 9, 2016
Damn, got caught up with a spin in front me.... and I really felt I got into a good rythm.
No luck so far this season. 2 DNFs in 3 races :confused:

I planned on racing next week but something came up.. I need to step in for a colleague next monday for a night shift, sorry guys but it was not my call.
See you in Sebring!

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
That was a really bad race at Suzuka.

Starting with the good things. Althouhg I did not have had the opportunity to practise before the official practise qualifying went great - although it was quite difficult in the first view laps to stay out of the line.

Race start was o.k. Race pace wasn't to bad but due to not having a lot of practise done before the race I was missing consitency and I do assume the cars behind could have done faster w/o me in the front. But hey guys it's not that easy to overtake on that track and there I do not have to yield for potentially faster cars behind me. With a little better consistency I think it would have gone much longer - because if you do not make a mistake you just have to get the exits on the long straights right in Suzuka.

Nevertheless it seems that today wasn't my day and other drivers decided to work with the crowbar. Have been hit twice - first time I only spun had a broken rearwing with some hit on the top speed. Second time I had wheel damage. Will not mention names here but that wasn't necessary at all? What about an undercut if you can't make the pass on track - but hey keep it clean.

After the second incident I was patently 18 min waiting that the wheel damage was repaired. Back on the track with just a view laps I was catched by a group of cars racing each other (think that was P11- P14) wanted to let all of them by on the start-finished straight and suddenly my game froozze and the game crashed. Do hope that everybody was able to pass me - but I did not have any control anymore. Sorry.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry if I caused any issues left line at the start. I maintained speed through the chicane but Nathan slowed down. The game told me to not pass the leader so I obviously slowed down as well. When Nathan went past it still told me to not pass the leader so I was unsure what to do. While I focused on getting rid of the message the race had been started already...

Macestreaming

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 4, 2019
Sorry if I caused any issues left line at the start. I maintained speed through the chicane but Nathan slowed down. The game told me to not pass the leader so I obviously slowed down as well. When Nathan went past it still told me to not pass the leader so I was unsure what to do. While I focused on getting rid of the message the race had been started already...
Sorry dude but honestly i didn't slow down i was just rolling i wanted to throttle but then thought could cause an issue accelerating then slowing down again, what didn't help is i had the long route around the left part of the chicane . Dot believe i did anything wrong and if i did i am truly sorry as didn't do it on purpose

michO_e

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
another track on the list i shouldn't drive the porsche in the future :D

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone willing to provide the replay from the suzuka race - due to my pc crashed I did not have the opportunity to save the reply.

thanks in advance.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Bit of a race of missed chances. Only got the one lap in in quali, completely wasted my attempts until the end, lap wasn't brilliant in the slightest.
Pace was good, was able to save a considerable amount of fuel behind Nathan in the first half an hour or so. Unfortunately a mistake let Claudiu by. After that it was a lot harder to follow the Top 2, had to push very hard to keep up. I knew my chance was the pitstop phase, and my inlap was very good. But unfortunately I overshot my box, which was all that was needed to make my advantage fade away. The final mistake luckily didn't end in a crash, that would have been a bit sad. I think in hindsight I went a bit too crazy on the setup, it literally was a death trap during long phases of the race and it didn't really help me as much in the S as I hoped since I still couldn't keep up there with the other three most of the time. Well, you learn I guess. :)

Congrats to Nathan on his first win and Claudiu und Dan too on the podium!

Reactions: Macestreaming

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Sorry dude but honestly i didn't slow down i was just rolling i wanted to throttle but then thought could cause an issue accelerating then slowing down again, what didn't help is i had the long route around the left part of the chicane . Dot believe i did anything wrong and if i did i am truly sorry as didn't do it on purpose
It wasn´t meant to be a blame against you, my bad if it came across like that. If anything it was my mistake. Suzuka is really tricky though to keep up with where the leader is if you´re starting 2nd (on single screen at least).

Reactions: Macestreaming

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Most interesting race in a while for me. Not quite happy with my pace overall, so I got stuck in a large train for many laps for the first half of the race. Sorry @Marvin for the punts in that stage of the race. This track is awfull when you're just slightly faster than the guy in front so I was thinking about making the undercut at some point, glad I didn't...

Second half of the race was going flat out to gain back the time lost over other Pro/Ams. As many times before, I enjoyed the company of @FisiFan91 for most of the race and I managed to overcut him which I'm very suprised of. I know my final position is mostly due to other drivers dying, but I'll take it :)

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Thought I got my first Pro/Am podium. Turns out Guilleux was fighting with the aliens at the front without me knowing, so I got P4 in class. :cautious:

Had a really bad start, lost like 6 positions into T1. Then was under pressure from Godefroy (don't worry about the contacts). After the race had settled I was defending from Daniel Page for a while. Caught up with Gibbons just before the pitstops and was quite a bit faster than him, so had a bit of hope of overtaking him with my pitstop. Fisi on the other hand was closely behind me and seemed even faster, so the pitstop was going to be crucial. Just when I entered the pitstop I got a screen freeze and sped in the pitlane -> 15s penalty. Not sure if I would have managed to slow down in time without the freeze. Was pissed anyway. Luckily the 15s didn't make a real difference as both Godefroy and Fisi came back on track 20s in front of me. :oops: Don't know how they did that, but they were rapid near the end. Gibbons got DQed, so still got P4 in class.

Happy to be P3 in class atm, but I'm lacking pure pace. Hopefully I can still remain on the podium in Pro/Am due to being consistent and staying out of incidents.

Reactions: FisiFan91 and Isir

VEC_orks95

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2018
Really a bad race for me. Bad qualifying, bad start of the race, and DSQ. My setup was pretty good but I had problems with sudden changes in temperature.

I want to congratulate my teammates, @Zagato and @Dirty_manouche for their class win.

Congratulations to @Bucefal & @Reith for their podium. A special thought to our Belgian driver @Midava for his great race that will give him a place in the category "Pro" ... And who I think will be quickly joined by @Dirty_manouche because yesterday he was clearly competing with the Pro. You make me dream my friend. Is not it @Stevie ? :ROFLMAO:

#PrayforVECpro :D

p.s:

- @FisiFan91 : Sorry for the touchdown when braking in the last chicane, I was surprised by the braking, and I think I blink so not obvious to you. In any case, I'm sorry.

- @Marvin : And also sorry for @Sluman for the attack at the entrance of Spoon, If you had not anticipated my maneuver, I will have had the right to a justified protest. I clearly did not analyze the track and the temperature that had suddenly increased.

Dirty_manouche

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Pro-AM Champion
Mar 4, 2019
Thanks @VEC_orks95 but your are fast than me in training you know, just luck race I just avoided crashes and felt comfortable here ... that's another story at the Glen. while you are super fast at Glen it seems to me

Kiss

Claudiu_Clima

Formula Karter
Dec 5, 2018
It was an interesting race. I felt like I had a good chance to get pole but missed both qualifying windows. In the race I tried to baby the tires as much as possible, but they still died the minute I tried to push a bit right before the pit stop. If the race had gone on for a few more laps I would have lost a bunch of positions, my car was undrivable in the last 3 laps or so. I think this might be the worse track for the Ferrari tires in the calendar so I'll be happy with 2nd at the end of the day.
Congrats to my teammate @Macestreaming for a mega drive and his first win in this league!

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 Test Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Unfortunately some guys can not race side by side.. And also can't make a race without being hit. Can someone upload the replay? Might need to fill some protests and yesterday I rage quit the server

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Unfortunately some guys can not race side by side.. And also can't make a race without being hit. Can someone upload the replay? Might need to fill some protests and yesterday I rage quit the server
Was asking for a replay file as well because my game crashed and I thererfore could not save it - can't do the AM League Highlight video w/o the replay as well. Is there really no single driver of 50 who had saved the replay?

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
If nobody else has one I can upload mine but it would take a while.