Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
man, this was a mixed bag.

Early on, got collected by a damaged car, when an impatient driver behind made it 3 wide, passing the broken car.
No big damage, moving on.
Was actually awesome for my race, as I had 3-4 car battles for a long time from there.

Then off to the pits, missed my pits as it was the very first box. damn... Drive Through.
Next lap: Pitting. Crew chief decided to take tires, dammit. That's the race.

Going out, suddenly doing my best laps of the race, down to 41s. Started to unlap myself from a few cars, until ran into a car that blocked me while trying to unlap, then 2 laps later, turned into me.
This is going to the stewards.
Later he closed the gap but wouldn't take the space I left.
All that took my chance of catching Boy, who finished 2s ahead of me, a gap I closed from 14s.

Hamish

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 12, 2019
I was having a good race. Lost a good number of places at the start by being too cautious however ended up in a good scrap with 4 cars for about 30mins. after the pitstops I found myself up in 16th only to find out on the penultimate lap I was half a lap short on fuel. Appologies to whoever it was I got in the road of at the top of the esses on the last lap. I was trying to get out of the way. Still a really good race.

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
Sorry for that @mike66187. Once again the car snapped at a corner where it never did the 3000 laps before.
No big deal man. I tried to avoid but couldn't luckily i only lost like 1s a lap without a front end on my car. Let's hope for better luck next race :)

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Losing the slipstream of Fisi ended my race right on Lap 1... all of us at the front were doing similar laptimes so there was no way we could catch up. Still, good race <:

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Pace was good this time but race wasn't easy - especially at the beginning I found myself in a group of people racing in the AM-PRO / PRO class being faster then me but due to fighting for position I could stay at the back. Tried to stay out of trouble but wasn't able to fully avoid any contact - which I would consider as racing incidents (but at the end stewards will have to decide that - if incidents are being brought up).

Although the car was good I decided to do the optional repairs - and realized to late that @Niclas Domino came from behind. Going out of the pits I was approx. 9 sec behind him and tried to push as hard as I could until the end of the race but was only able to reduce the gap to approx. 3 sec.

Big strategic failure - need to talk to my crew ;-)

Last edited:

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Blame the grass, vote for the introduction of a 3rd drop week this season and never ever come back on the Glen. :cry:

Erti147

AOR Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 14, 2014
actual solid race. Again paid for doing no practice and quailed 37th. Got faster as the race went on and ended 17th. Highest climber of the night :cool:

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi guys, I have to apologize for not joining yesterday's race. I got a new PC and had time to prepare everything before the race, but then the Mixed Reality app decided to get stuck at the set up. By the time I managed to the problem and went to join the session it was ... 1 minute to late. Really sorry :(

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

I've two questions:

• I've choosen car #11, so I expected to have #911 in the race, but it was #45.
  • the livery in the race was neither the one I've set in Tradingpaints nor the one I've sent in.

Did I miss something?

cheers,
D.

Dandy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2018
Failed ar quali. Started 15th or something. Had alot of fun racing and was trying to save some fuel. But 6 laps befor epitstop made a mistake in t1 and put the poor ford in the wall

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Hi,

I've two questions:

• the livery in the race was neither the one I've set in Tradingpaints nor the one I've sent in.

Did I miss something?

cheers,
D.
Yeah I had the same.. i had daytona 24h livery on but TP was my normal pink.

Anyway had a decent qualifying managed a non slipstream lap so was pretty happy with it. After chequered ran I kept going and could have improved by a further tenth but it wouldn't of mattered.

Managed to jump Carlos at the start and stayed in the Clima train until he let me pass. I didn't have the pace for the top 4 but still tried and was happy with my laptimes. Got jumped in the pits by Carlos and then had a collision with Clima and luckily we both got away with it.

Clima has since apologised to me and I think I could have lifted but nevertheless we made contact. I carried on with a slight top speed loss and understeery car which is when @fisifan started having a sniff. However managed to finish P5 after @N1kmido binned it.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
Yeah I had the same.. i had daytona 24h livery on but TP was my normal pink.
Same thing. Just looked at it on TP and I think teams might have been turned on. My solo livery was still the same, but yesterday I had my team livery from Sebring.

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Hi,

I've two questions:

Did I miss something?

cheers,
D.
Trading Paints have issuse, and this is why we uses skin pack, if you think you have the worng pls sent me the id and i will check

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Big thanks to @ramdrop, @deadwiggle and @Claudiu_Clima who allowed me to leech off their slipstream for the whole race! :p Probably the only reason I was able to beat @Dirty_manouche to the Pro-Am victory as he was looking mighty fast again, keeping within 2-3 seconds all race despite no slipstream. Very happy with the result considering how crazy competitive this league is now!

Reactions: Pretender

BaBaBoye

Formula Karter
Aug 15, 2018
Decent consedering the circumstances of both the ongoing season, lack of practice and some stuff in my personal life. Glad to actually make it to the finish (and this time with tires that were actually intact more the entire race distance!)
man, this was a mixed bag.

Early on, got collected by a damaged car, when an impatient driver behind made it 3 wide, passing the broken car.
No big damage, moving on.
Was actually awesome for my race, as I had 3-4 car battles for a long time from there.

Then off to the pits, missed my pits as it was the very first box. damn... Drive Through.
Next lap: Pitting. Crew chief decided to take tires, dammit. That's the race.

Going out, suddenly doing my best laps of the race, down to 41s. Started to unlap myself from a few cars, until ran into a car that blocked me while trying to unlap, then 2 laps later, turned into me.
This is going to the stewards.
Later he closed the gap but wouldn't take the space I left.
All that took my chance of catching Boy, who finished 2s ahead of me, a gap I closed from 14s.
@Stephan Yea saw you having some bad luck entering turn 6 one time with a spunned car (forgot what lap but was early) and the long pits stop which I just assumed to be repaires. Got scared when I couldn't find my guy and it turned out to be the 2nd to last pit box while starting on the 2nd to last row. Good, clean and respectfull racing to be sure. Let's wait and see if I can muster up any care for Sebring, very unpleasent past that one.

Reactions: Stephan