S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 8 - Spa | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 8 - Spa

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

AOR iRacing GTE League - Season 6
Round 8 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Information:
Date: 06/05

In-sim Time/Date settings:

Date: 06/05
Practice will begin at:1500
Qualifying will begin at: 1630
Race will start at: 1700
Speed progression: x1.
Weather: Generated.

Time:
18:15 GMT +1 - Practice 1 hour 20 minutes
19:35 GMT +1 - 20 minutes open qualifying
19:57 GMT +1 - Race 1h 20 minutes

Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Layout: GP Pits

Absences:

1. @Reith
  2. @Erti147
  3. @Argon
  4. @Touring_27
  5. @ramdrop
  6. @joshualuke1993
  7. @Bucefal
  8. @Zagato
  9. @Afterlithe
Reserves racing:
  1. @PageDan
  2. @DeuxMilles
  3. @poisike78
  4. @Paulo Martins
  5. @Coombey97
  6. @CJBMX702

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Spa-Offtrackchamps! Everybodies favourite track that they all secretly hate for not being good at.

At least that's me.

Looking forward to that one, but a bit concerned about boaty Beamer understeer, depending on track temp and tire status.

Hope the offtrack gods are merciful.

CarbonUK

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 23, 2017
I had a great setup here for IMSA official race few weeks ago but the race time was sunrise. Hoping it works with the hotter track with minor adjustments.

Reactions: Isir and Stephan

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
Everybodies favourite track that they all secretly hate for not being good at.
This feels too real. I have had good races here where I felt like the best driver ever (ha!) and I have had disastrous ones where I did not understand anything of what was going on. Sadly there are more of the latter.

Approaching this one with cautious pessimism...

Reactions: Stephan

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
I am not sure if I'd be able to make the race coming from my last class. Don't want to hog a spot I am not sure I'll be able to fill, so giving it up to one of the reserves. :(

• Informative
Reactions: Stevie

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The most famous track, the track that the majority of the field adores, and hardly any excitement, or chatter pre-race.

There was more talk last week at a track people weren't looking forward to.

May as well just scrap Spa off the calendar for future seasons...

Reactions: Stephan

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The most famous track, the track that the majority of the field adores, and hardly any excitement, or chatter pre-race.

Maybe we should do a last minute change instead and run Mid-Ohio?

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Reason for quietness might be people crashing/participating in the Nürburgring 24h and the preparation time the last days :)

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018

Blame iRacing for throwing at us the most exiting race ever on the service (personal opinion) the same week as #AORGTE at Spa.
At least I didn't have to learn a new track for the series this time o_O (i.e Brands Hatch, same week as Daytona24)

• Informative

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
Sorry but i'm gonna have to pull out, haven't had the time to practice and I've died after the amount of laps of nords i did xD

• Informative

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
Im driving around the country to find some waistcoats for my wedding. (Long story don't ask..) so i don't think I'll be in a fit state to drive

• Informative

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
I've an unserved pit lane penalty. Are there any specific places in the pitlane where the penalty has to be served? Or Can I come to a full stop a few meters before my pitbox and then just roll into it after the complete stop?

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I've an unserved pit lane penalty. Are there any specific places in the pitlane where the penalty has to be served? Or Can I come to a full stop a few meters before my pitbox and then just roll into it after the complete stop?
You cannot serve your penalty in line with the pit-boxes. Secondly, you must bring your car to a stop, then go back up to the pit-speed limit And then stop again at your stop.

3xTreme

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 28, 2018
You cannot serve your penalty in line with the pit-boxes. Secondly, you must bring your car to a stop, then go back up to the pit-speed limit And then stop again at your stop.
So just a complete stop and up to pit speed limit again somewhere before I leave the pitlane? Does it matter if I stop my car before or after I've pitted? For instance if my box is the first one on pit road, would it be okay if I stopped after my pit (But still in pitlane)

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
So just a complete stop and up to pit speed limit again somewhere before I leave the pitlane? Does it matter if I stop my car before or after I've pitted? For instance if my box is the first one on pit road, would it be okay if I stopped after my pit (But still in pitlane)
Yup, just bring the car to a total stop at some point. Common sense applies really. Like, don't slam the anchors on the moment you enter the pit-lane so people behind can't see.

Don't do it in line with the pit boxes, but just do it at some point, doesn't matter if it's before or after :)

• Agree
Reactions: 3xTreme