S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Nürburgring GP

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Back in the days I always found myself celebrating on the inside when GSRC commentators tried to say "Grand-Prix-Strecke" in proper german pronounciation. Any attempts planned for this one Chris and/or Stevie? :whistle:
Speaking of which... I noticed some nice efforts on drivers' names pronunciation like "Drexler" or "Skeppers" during Spa broadcast. Will the next challenge for @Stevie and @King-kodiak be to have a go on french drivers pronunciation? :devilish:

Reactions: Lindholdt

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,
Back in the days I always found myself celebrating on the inside when GSRC commentators tried to say "Grand-Prix-Strecke" in proper german pronounciation.
this isn't possible because "Grand Prix" is french, not german.

D.

• Informative
Reactions: N1kmido

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Speaking of which... I noticed some nice efforts on drivers' names pronunciation like "Drexler" or "Skeppers" during Spa broadcast. Will the next challenge for @Stevie and @King-kodiak be to have a go on french drivers pronunciation? :devilish:
Someone in chat pointed out the Dreschler & Schepers pronouciation. I am always keen to pronounce names correctly, so if we have been saying names wrong, please do let us know.

Deerladog

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 24, 2017
I'm sure its just an honest mistake, but you appear to have selected the wrong layout of the Nurburgring. I hope this can be fixed by Monday :)

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I am always keen to pronounce names correctly, so if we have been saying names wrong, please do let us know.
My name should be pronounced 'the legend'. I understand the confusion as it seems like an unlikely name, so I won't be too aghast if you continue to say my name how you already have been.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Rin Hato

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Someone in chat pointed out the Dreschler & Schepers pronouciation. I am always keen to pronounce names correctly, so if we have been saying names wrong, please do let us know.
Just messing with you... We love the english touch when we hear our names. ;)

Deerladog

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Aug 24, 2017
It seems the "English touch" more often than not involves completely butchering the name :p most British people are surprisingly good at that if I'm honest.

@Stevie @King-kodiak do you want to pronounce @krop's name ;)

krop

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 25, 2018
If they let me into the next race I'll happily hear their interpretation of my last name :D

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2018
I know the Sch combination is super weird, so i would never blame you on mispronouncing it. I found that google translates my surname pretty well so here is google translate:

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=nl&tl=nl&text=schepers

Make sure to listen to it in dutch, since the english version is completely wrong. :)

Anyway feel free to pronounce it however you like :D

King-kodiak

AOR Head Commentator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016

VSR Davidben

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
@Zonerouge12 Did you really need to keep hitting my rear bumper like that...you have a break, use it!...you gave me around 10 incident points which got me DSQ!!

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
This didn't go as badly as I thought.
Had massive frame rate issues, so started from the back. Not getting a clean qualy lap in helped that.
Frame rate was weirdly OK.
Did my best to lap consistently and stay out of trouble. managed that quite well, with no spins, despite a twitchy understeery tire munching beamer-boat.
Achievement: slowest fastest lap of the race! yay! Still P28. I can live with that.

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
Can someone upload the replay? I really need it, especially the last lap. My game crashed once I tried to save it.