S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Nürburgring GP | ApexOnlineRacing.com

S6: AOR iRacing GTE - Round 9 - Nürburgring GP

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Front right had the outside of the tyre at just under 50% life left...

Car felt utterly awful for the final 20 laps, and just had to slow down and take it easy to avoid getting another DSQ as it became pretty unpredictable.

It all felt fine right up until the point I made a couple of mistakes that dropped me off the back of the lead group and from there it was basically over. I also some how accidentally caused myself to start to fill up the fuel a second time in the pits so that took away any chance of 7th, but my pace after the stop was just not there at all. I had no grip, so holding on to 8th was the best I suspect I could have done anyway.

Still, it's a good result in the end, considering just how bad I felt.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Sorry @Erti147 and @Corbs I nearly collected you when rejoining. I lost my mind like never before when @PageDan threw me away. Actually the lap after that I think I Alt+F4'd for the first time in 4 years of iRacing... Anyways, I salute Dan's gentleman attitude by giving me back the position. Because of this behaviour and nothing is to expect for me this season anymore, I won't report you.

PageDan

Pro Karter
Mar 20, 2019
Sorry @Erti147 and @Corbs I nearly collected you when rejoining. I lost my mind like never before when @PageDan threw me away. Actually the lap after that I think I Alt+F4'd for the first time in 4 years of iRacing... Anyways, I salute Dan's gentleman attitude by giving me back the position. Because of this behaviour and nothing is to expect for me this season anymore, I won't report you.
Sorry for the knock, didn't expect it to spin you, was a good race up untill then, sorry once again...

Zonerouge12

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 3, 2018
@Zonerouge12 Did you really need to keep hitting my rear bumper like that...you have a break, use it!...you gave me around 10 incident points which got me DSQ!!
Did you really need to cut the trajectories change line in order to plug the passage, from my point of view your behavior was anti sportsman...in the end we lost both ! :cautious:

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Did you really need to cut the trajectories change line in order to plug the passage, from my point of view your behavior was anti sportsman...in the end we lost both ! :cautious:
Anti sportsman lol.... says the guy who because you struggled to pass me kept nudging my rear pumber then dive bombed into t1 and took me out, 10 incident points from 1 driver is redicuous...very sportsman like pal!

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Definitely way closer again to the front's pace than last week, which was relieving. Also back on good quali form. Hoped the Ferrari would hold on a bit better to the tyres than it did, I tried to do the opposite of what I did at Watkins Glen where I tried make a gap with all my might using the fuel and tyres. And although I had to defend (especially from Djawad, that battle was very enjoyable!) I never thought I did anything crazy to the tyres.

Unfortunately wasn't quite enough, the two tiny mistakes definitely made the task to play a road block until the stops impossible. :p Until the pit stops the pace was still pretty comparable, but after it I was definitely done. Well done to Djawad, starting P8, up to P2, falling back to P4 again and still saving the most fuel out of everyone? Damn! And to Dan too obviously on another superb race.

Looking forward to Indy, never raced there before on iRacing. :)

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@VSR Davidben @Zonerouge12 please, let's keep the tone friendly.
I understand that things can get a bit heated in the moment, but no need to escalate the tone.

I recommend either of you to post the incident/incidents to the stewards for review, so we can have a neutral look at it, and clarify the situation.

djawadkaroni

AOR iRacing GTE Season 7 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2018
That's was a funny race, i get trapped into qualify that i left pits too late and track temp has taken +2C in less than a 3minutes so impossible to do better than what i did, started P8.
During the race i saw that Dan will do the exact same thing as SPA (fuel saving) and no attacks to make a gap with behind. But i felt that i had a little more pace than Dan and Christoph
i tried as much as i can and safely way possible to overtake Christoph but he defended really well. I had a big moment at the exit of Schumacher esses going wide into the green paint and nearly loss it ^^.
exept this i think i saved a bit more fuel than my oppenents , spent less time into the pitlane.
Really close at the end.

See you next ;)

Reactions: Ycoms

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
@VSR Davidben @Zonerouge12 please, let's keep the tone friendly.
I understand that things can get a bit heated in the moment, but no need to escalate the tone.

I recommend either of you to post the incident/incidents to the stewards for review, so we can have a neutral look at it, and clarify the situation.
Im finished venting now, unfortunately iracing stewards dont seem to favour me lately and i find some of their decisions very strange compared to what I've experienced and dished out on PC2 as a COD, so im not going to bother ;)

im not happy with the situation but ill park the bus and move on, just really annoyed thats all, Apologies.

Last edited:

Deerladog

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
I fear that one day Stevie will launch a purge against everyone who says that the iRacing penalties aren't the same as PC2 penalties. :(

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
I fear that one day Stevie will launch a purge against everyone who says that the iRacing penalties aren't the same as PC2 penalties. :(
I admit I see no logic in comparing two completely different series on two completely different platforms.

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
That was (almost) the best race I've ever had! o_O

Still dont really know how I feel about that race, even though it's 20 hours since it was over.

I was lucky in qualifying, got a good lap in at the very first chance and with the iRacing bug/feature thing with the track temp I got a place in the grid much higher up than my actual pace was good for. Mid of the overall field and first in the AM class by a few spots.
Anyway, I went full throttle when the lights went green, and pushed as hard as I could trying to keep up with the faster guys. And pace wise, it went surprisingly well! I stayed around overall P20 and kept lead the AM class. had amazing battles with a lot of drivers, even though most of them ended up going by me, but that evened out the amount of people crashing in front. (If anyone think I made some stupid moves, please let me know, I lost the replay)
After around 25 mins I had used around half my X's and had pushed my tyres extremely hard, so I tried to calm down a bit, get into a rhythm, make less mistakes and save a bit of the rubber for later in the race. Again, things turned out better than I had thought it would. Kept my position and was still having an amazing race.
But at around the 30 min mark, I had a huge scare. Windows popped up a massage in the middle of my screen! :eek: I was really lucky that I managed to grab my mouse, close the window and return to the wheel without loosing much time or going off track, but boy if I wasnt sweating before that, I sure as hell was after! :p Worst part was that I actually read the message : "Warning! Availeble space on C: is low...." From that point on, every time I had a small stutter or fps drop (Which btw happens a LOT on Nurb) I was sure the game would crash. But it stayed alive...

Well, after 1 hour 18 mins and about 22 seconds of intense, mega fun and awesome racing, it ended pretty quickly. So when the checkered flag was waving, I was being towed back to pits, still wondering what just happened. :cry: Hope the stewards can help me figure that out.
Then my game finally crashed when I tried to save the replay, it had to give in to the lack of space in the main drive.

But I really have to mention how awesome the support from my fellow AM drivers and the overall community was afterwards. So many said and wrote supportive things after it happened, and that was a huge help for me to not just be bitter about it. I was a bit quiet, but I heard and read it all. Thanks guys!

Huge congrats to @Isir for the win, I really was giving all I got to keep you behind me! And to @Argon for P2, I guess the consistency and ability to stay out of trouble paid off. Also grats to @CarbonUK with third, it's looking good for the championship win now ;)
And thanks to @Marvin for sending me a clip of the incident so quickly, huge help as well.

This race really was awesome, even though it ended like it did and I cant wait to get on the track again next week. It was really good to finally be able to fight at the top end of my class, hope I can do that more. :)

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
I admit I see no logic in comparing two completely different series on two completely different platforms.
There just seems to be inconsistancies between the platforms interms of steward decisions, AOR rules are AOR rules, unless im massively mistaken and iracing rules are different from PC2, granted this is my first proper season in iracing and im just trying to work out how it works compared to my previous experiences.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
There just seems to be inconsistancies between the platforms interms of steward decisions, AOR rules are AOR rules, unless im massively mistaken and iracing rules are different from PC2, granted this is my first proper season in iracing and im just trying to work out how it works compared to my previous experiences.
It's completely different stewards, different systems, different set of rules and different penalties. If you ever want to discuss something like this, you can always start a conversation with me.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Yes, there are many similarities but also differences. The umbrella is the AOR Credo of clean, fair and competitive online racing. With that at heart, rules are set for each game/sim and at times car class or race format in question to accommodate the game/sim specifics.

Otherwise we might get a really complex general rule set trying to apply to iRacing and Rocket League alike, picking two extremes now on purpose ;)

If you feel a stewards decision involving you is unfair, unreasonable or incorrect please reach out to @Stevie and myself.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
It's completely different stewards, different systems, different set of rules and different penalties. If you ever want to discuss something like this, you can always start a conversation with me.
Cheers Stevie, on that note, ill reacquaint myself with the iracing rules, cheers for the clarity.

Claudiu_Clima

Formula Karter
Dec 5, 2018
P4, it was the best result I could have got this race. Qualifying was a one lap window, I made some mistakes, but it was enough for P3.
At the start I was boxed in and Dan speculated that really well.
All the races I had done through the week I had been going backwards in the race, due to high tire wear and high number of incident points.
So, when I realised I didn't have the pace to drive safely and stay with the front group my plan was not to battle with anybody thats was faster and I was able to baby the tires a little bitand keep the offtracks on the low. For example Djawad passed me twice.
I did run into some trouble when I got punted and spun by Enar before the pit stop so I was jumped by Nathan who had had an early pit stop.
I was able to catch Nathan and he didn't fight me as he was high on incs.
Next up the road was Enar, 7 sec ahead lapping at identical pace as me.
Showing his fair play once again, he slowed down the last lap and gave me the position back. Respect!
I look forward to the next races hoping I'll muster better pace from my car.

Reactions: Dandy