PC - S7: AOR GT3 Elite - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S7: AOR GT3 Elite - Main Thread

Mr AlcoN

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jul 18, 2015
Just an update!
To be honest i had given up on project cars and my wheel but somehow i managed to turn it around and now it works like charm so am back in the game again! :)

I would like to thank @Rillo Von Olaff for believing in me!
My family for telling am to old for this ****! Always the motivation i need.
To all my fellow competitors who i will be passing by the last part of the GT3 season! :p

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
Like a true Finn you didn't give up! You are never too old for having fun btw. Gr8 watching F1 today

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr AlcoN

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
What's going on with this tier? Not even an event thread for the next race?
Has everyone given up on the season and don't give a sh*t anymore?
Hahah well it is mainly because people think they are quick but then realise it is only if they can extend. Just a heads up for Nürburgring !!! Dont extend !! Do not cross the white lines to much. I am jn a slow car so i can check everybody :p

• Agree
Reactions: EVR Morvic

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
So what is it then in your opinion ... Because i think it is a part of it !

GodfatherofShift

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 9, 2017
this debate appeared after the last race, and the "ragequit" of nova. the Problems rillo is talking about are a bit older^^ i dont know whats going on here, and i dont know why..

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
I think there are a couple of problems in the Elite league now.

1) We have very little engagement from the drivers. Few presentations, few race reports etc. In general very few discussions.
2) The drop outs this season have really hit hard. A field with 15 drivers is a lot less interesting than the expected 24.
3) Little engagement from coordinators. @TicklishPicklewickle and @Morvic seems to do a brilliant job in Pro and Semi-pro.
4) Not much drama and no proper rivalries. The battle with @Nova and @C. Tscharf ended before it started. Not much friction between the rest. In Season 4 everyone could kill each other and the tension before and after each race was incredible. Maybe not the best, but still VERY interesting. Now its just meh...
5) We should probably have put the top 5 from Pro into Elite. Some very hungry drivers there that could disrupt things more in Elite where things seem rather static now.

Instead of the heavy focus on track cutting i would rather have focus towards the many early quitters. Both the guys that leave the league early but also those who quit the races. Its scaring away viewers on the stream and put the league in a bad light. It HAS to be the fastest and most competitive. If not, there are plenty of other leagues out there for people to join. Being in or even winning in the Elite league should always be really special.

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
5) We should probably have put the top 5 from Pro into Elite. Some very hungry drivers there that could disrupt things more in Elite where things seem rather static now.
But what happens with Pro Tier then? Do we need to get the top 5 Semi-Pro drivers promoted then? If so, what happens with Semi-Pro to avoid fields with 15 drivers or probably even less? :unsure:

Papand

F1 Test Driver
Jul 17, 2015
I know its not ideal. But Elite is supposed to be a showcase of AOR and Project Cars at its best. Having only 14 racing on a stream promoted by the developers is just not good enough. With the added 15 mins of race time its being even worse. I would rather have 14 racing in Semi-pro giving everyone some more space when getting introduced to league racing.

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I don't even know who is running the league anymore.

I think the Elite tier should have been filled with loyal drivers from pro and semipro Season 5 and 6 drivers instead of so many newcomers. A place in the Elite should be earned and top drivers from other tiers from previous seasons should be prioritized

Ofcourse no one could predict the number off drop outs but as @Papand said that should have been handeled with some better management. I think there would have been pro/semi pro drivers willing to fill some empty spots if someone would have asked.

Bilt!s

Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2017
Yea i think its a little bit sad too with so much quits in the middle of the season. Before you join you know that is every week is one race. Ok something can happend and you miss 1 or 2 race (Health or hardware problem or whatever) . But i think that is not the problem. 2-3 driver joined and droved not so much races...

And the quit from CrazyBee and Nova is (i think) unlucky. I think the disqualifcation from Crazy has be otherwise provided. (**** my english is failed) For example a Time penalty.

And Nova is now quit too. makes -2 drivers

Ok rule is rule. Give racers room and they take it^^

So much drivers from the other tiers want to drive in elite...When you drive in the elite you must know that its privilige and honor. That you must know before you join. Dont drive its a little bit unfair and unfriendly to the drivers in all tiers.

FisFan and Yorkie make a great Live stream, more drivers-->more fun. So moved your asses up and make nice races...

rillo7105

Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
And once again there is not a single word from the cordinators. Put someone more motivated and engaged to run this tier but i suppose it is too late for that now

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Before I reply to the above, I'm just gonna clean up the driver list...

- @Nova removed
- @CrazyBee removed (no idea where he went...)
- @Enzo removed after having to take a break for personal reasons
- @Douglas Humphrey removed from reserves

Also, @SVK_Duchi, could you please let me know if you will start showing up to races again?

This leaves us with 21 drivers who SHOULD be active. Quite sad about the amount of people who have left throughout the season - again much more than I would have liked - but there still should be enough drivers for a decent sized grid... if everyone shows up that is...

Reactions: Enzo and rillo7105

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sorry about the inactivity lately guys, had a lot of things to deal with lately. But I will now be more active for the rest of the season and will make more of an effort to respond to people's posts.

With regards to the driver placements, I find it disappointing when people comment saying "you should have done this and you should have done that" it's not until you have to do the placements that you realise how hard it is to make it fair for everyone and we cannot predict the activity of those drivers.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
To try to address some of the stuff mentioned above (BRACE YOURSELVES, LONG POST INCOMING!):

It's true that the coordinator situation hasn't been quite ideal for the last few weeks. Both @Enzo and @Gxbbs were doing a very good job in the pre-season phase to help get things planned, set up and ready for season 7, and I think they were both really motivated for the season going into it. Unfortunately a few weeks ago @Enzo had to pull out from coordinating due to personal reasons, and @Gxbbs has also been more busy than he probably anticipated, which is the reason for the lack of activity from them recently.

I understand that this could be part of the cause of the forums not being too active atm, although it's definitely not the only cause. For the first 4 seasons, the forum activity in Elite was WAY higher than in the lower league(s), whereas in the last 3 seasons it has been the other way around for whatever reason...

Definitely the driver drop-outs have had a major effect on the grid size again, and that's sad to see. It's kind of impossible to predict these things - suddenly a driver just disappears out of nowhere, and then suddenly someone gets some real-life issue or equipment issue forcing them to pull out. At the start of the season, we had 28 drivers assigned and ready to go, so in theory it should've been nice and dandy. But then, Rkatar had to pull out due to a work assignment, Gabriel said he had a wheel problem and never returned, Bach was demoted to Pro after thinking he was too slow for Elite, Luke Skywalker got health problems, Duchi keeps having to miss races due to work, Mark.O got broken pedals, Novey turned out to only be able to attend every other week, CrazyBee disappeared without saying a word, Nova rage quit after being penalised, Enzo had to take a break due to personal reasons... It's a ridiculous list to be honest. But obviously, there's no way we can know about these things before they actually happen...

(On a side note btw, I don't think it's fair to say that steward enquiries/penalties are to blame for this situation. Yes, I personally hate seeing post-race penalties severely affecting race results, and yes, it does seem to have directly affected a couple of drivers' decision to quit, but it's quite simple; if people had been respecting the rules on track limits in the first place, then nobody would have had any reason to report them. So in my opinion they have nobody to blame but themselves, which is why I find it ridiculous to be leaving for such a reason. Disrespectful way of dealing with their own mistakes.)

Moving on, I agree that maybe it would have been better to include more direct promotions from last season's Pro league, and have some of the new drivers start there instead of directly into Elite. Obviously, some new drivers are just clearly too fast to be in Pro (@GodfatherofShift being this season's prime example), but for others maybe a slight misjudgement was made, but it's a tricky one to judge really. We did promote @Rillo Von Olaff & @rkatar who finished 1st & 2nd in Pro last season (unfortunately the latter had to leave before even doing a race), but maybe we should've promoted a few more.

With regards to moving drivers up from Pro mid-season though, I'm always a bit apprehensive about this, because it basically ruins the championship fight(s) that are going on in the lower tier, and based on previous experience, the lower league drivers quite often want to finish what they started in that league before taking the step up. Plus, it basically then just transfers the grid number issue over to that league instead.

For the sake of asking the current top 5 in Pro though - @WarnTyre @vadim @StarClassic @DANGEROUS GIANETTA @ramdrop - I'd be interested who of you would be keen on jumping up from Pro to the Elite right away for the final 4 races? I'd of course be happy to take a few of you if you feel like you're ready for Elite and want to take the step up early.

Oh, and to get one positive note in there - I really appreciate those of you who have been showing up regularly throughout the full season so far, so shoutout to you :) @C. Tscharf @GodfatherofShift @Papand @Jeff[NL] @Xenon91 @Hideaki @Brandarous @Vernux @Suomy @Bilt!s @Soulah @AndrexUK @Rillo Von Olaff @Hetharion @jam_my21

We of course appreciate your suggestions & comments for how you think we could make the league better going forward, so keep them coming.