PC - S8: AOR GT3 AM - Main Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S8: AOR GT3 AM - Main Thread

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
sorry to hear you had the pit problems.

- edit - wrong thread, reposting in the right one :)

i forgot to switch on my crewchief and didn't have a spotter.
in addition to that, VR was lagging, when moving my head it was jitter-ish... No idea how to better describe it.
high risk of getting sick.

completely blew qualy, P19. Race started horrific, plenty spinning, but then settled in and just did lap after lap quite consistently with little mistakes. P7 finish is awesome.

we had many disconnects today, would everyone quickly give a bit of background? just so we understand what happened.

Cheers!

P.S.: will update the standings tomorrow.

Cloud

Formula Karter
Nov 19, 2017
sorry to hear you had the pit problems.

- edit - wrong thread, reposting in the right one :)

i forgot to switch on my crewchief and didn't have a spotter.
in addition to that, VR was lagging, when moving my head it was jitter-ish... No idea how to better describe it.
high risk of getting sick.

completely blew qualy, P19. Race started horrific, plenty spinning, but then settled in and just did lap after lap quite consistently with little mistakes. P7 finish is awesome.

we had many disconnects today, would everyone quickly give a bit of background? just so we understand what happened.

Cheers!

P.S.: will update the standings tomorrow.
**** went tits up, i had the same problem as you in VR, constant jitter when turning my head, made it really hard to judge corners... also i accidentally changed a gear ratio in my setup whilst i was loading fuel.. must of been the vr lag. I gave it a shot for like 14-15 laps and was setting low 1.36 and high 1.35 which was good race pace with 100litres of fuel, but there was no way I could keep that up with no 2nd gear lmfao..

first lap, I was 6th had a good start and was right on the tails of P5, was in 4th gear approaching the turn and tried to shift down to 2nd gear, but coz of the ratio is was pretty much first gear which meant my wheels locked up and i came off the track, then i tried to stay still in because there were 15 cars behind me but somebody collided to me head on and i'm pretty sure i ruined his race too, sadly.

Henry Gordan

F1 Sponsored Driver
Mar 9, 2017
My race was going great until lap 5. Then it was rubbish.

And now it's blackout. 15 mins after the race ended

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
gents, about the VR issues, @SonOfMaw did some research and found this:
I read reports of 388.13 causing stuttering issues after 15-20 minutes (388.00 was worse), could still be a driver issue, especially since Windows 10 forces an update to this driver.

FYI I was running 385.69 and had no stuttering during the race.
Which driver version are you on?

ahojekk

Formula 3 1st Driver
Oct 18, 2015
I see black friday was a good day for you
It was indeed, with the price it had its basically replacing the T300 to CSL Elite for free. I'll sell the used Alcantara Edition T300 for the same price I've paid for this.

• Winner
Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
It was indeed, with the price it had its basically replacing the T300 to CSL Elite for free. I'll sell the used Alcantara Edition T300 for the same price I've paid for this.
Glad you got out of the T300 before it killed itself. They do that (mine did) :)

Different topic:
Gents, the season is slowly approaching it's end, with 2 races to go.
So far, it's been a ton of fun, learnings and great racing.
We did have a prologue race (not all tiers had one) - and I am wondering if we should have an epilogue race too?
On Wednesday, 20.12. - to celebrate an awesome season and brilliant community (that's all of you).
I'd also like to invite our legionnaire @ahojekk back for that one :)

Thinking Bathurst :) I just love the mountain (selfish suggestion! Shameless!). Plus, it has 32 pits, allowing everyone, incl. reserve drivers to join. (Sugo has 26 - it was on the wishlist for the prologue)

What do you think? If you're up for it, will be happy to set it up!

Reactions: ahojekk

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
Glad you got out of the T300 before it killed itself. They do that (mine did) :)

Different topic:
Gents, the season is slowly approaching it's end, with 2 races to go.
So far, it's been a ton of fun, learnings and great racing.
We did have a prologue race (not all tiers had one) - and I am wondering if we should have an epilogue race too?
On Wednesday, 20.12. - to celebrate an awesome season and brilliant community (that's all of you).
I'd also like to invite our legionnaire @ahojekk back for that one :)

Thinking Bathurst :) I just love the mountain (selfish suggestion! Shameless!). Plus, it has 32 pits, allowing everyone, incl. reserve drivers to join. (Sugo has 26 - it was on the wishlist for the prologue)

What do you think? If you're up for it, will be happy to set it up!
So far it has been a great season, definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm up for an epilogue race but I despise bathurst :D I'll spend the whole time in the barriers. Also any idea when we can expect more pc2 leagues? and also what they might be?

Browny29

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Nov 14, 2017
This is something I didn't know... Hopefully mine will survive a bit longer

Why didn't I think of this...

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
So far it has been a great season, definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm up for an epilogue race but I despise bathurst :D I'll spend the whole time in the barriers. Also any idea when we can expect more pc2 leagues? and also what they might be?
Ah, the only way to learn Bathurst is to drive it. Lift more and it will be fine :)

More PCars leagues? My best guess (no official statement) is January or later. The game is still a bit iffy here and there.
I believe we will see and Endurance and a Rookie league.
P.S: Join the Cayman Mayhem social race! It promises a ton of rookie friendly action.

This is something I didn't know... Hopefully mine will survive a bit longer

Why didn't I think of this...
If you wanna read the whole story, have fun: https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/how-my-thrustmaster-t300-committed-suicide.24505/

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
It sounds great and I would love to participate but I don't think I can do that time :(
is it the sunday or the time of day too early? I picked 6pm, so anyone who still eyeballs the F1 leagues has a shot of joining :)
(there has been some interest by F1 drivers)

LiboCZ

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2016
Epilogue race is great idea @Stephan only please select different track! Just kidding, not my favourite track but still you can count with me :)

Reactions: Stephan

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I think Bathurst, "the Mountain" is perfect for us. We've started with a mountain of learnings ahead of us, and we're conquering it. Plus, Bathurst is epic, so it's a perfect fit for you bunch :)

But if you guys would prefer something else, please, make a suggestion!

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
@magnus @eriviere please consider this a first warning for an uninformed absence.
Please let me know if you wish to participate in this league (you did sign up)

Cannacoennos

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Jul 5, 2016
Today my rs 500 broke down :(mode light dont light up no more wheel doing nothing anymore.
Think i have to send it back,this will cost time grrrr

• Burn
Reactions: HFO