PC S8: AOR GT3 Elite - Car Selection Thread

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
:)
19 cars to choose from
So far.... 5 being used (would be 4 if not for the solo Lambo).
And a 'nice even split' of 10 Ferrari + 10 non Ferrari...

• Funny
Reactions: Raigore

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
19 cars to choose from
Still, weird to see barely anyone use the GT-R, 911, AMG.. out of 15 cars that are avaible only 5 used. Weird.
I'm dissapointed with the Ferrari farm though.

Tipple

GP2 Test Driver
Aug 1, 2015
19 cars to choose from
I might still change my selection, just wanted to get something I know I like down just in case I don't get the time I think I have to test later today. Potentially the GTR, AMG or NSX ;)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I'm just getting on my high horse :p
No one needs to change, and they should drive what they want to drive!
All cars are available to everyone, and if that results in 50% Ferrari's then so be it.
It's a test season, we would like ppl to test other cars, but even though it's a test season, there is a title at the end, and so naturally, ppl will want to drive the car that gives them the best chance of winning. ATM, it's quite clear what car that is.
But it's nice to see some ppl take something else! (For me, I was just as slow in the M6 as I was in the Ferrari, so there was no reason for me to take the Fez)
Perhaps we could have made some mention of the fact we would like to not have a Ferrari league (due to testing)! But I doubt it would have had a huge difference tbh.
It was predictable (even the non Ferrari ones!)
But always drive the car you WANT to drive!

I tend to drive the lesser used cars (to have them on the grid) but you guys are too fast for me to let me take my normal silly choices!

It's all good!
But as far as I am concerned, if I keep a Ferrari behind me in any race, that's as good as a win for me!

mikkisbee

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 29, 2017
Still, weird to see barely anyone use the GT-R, 911, AMG.. out of 15 cars that are avaible only 5 used. Weird.
I'm dissapointed with the Ferrari farm though.
Is the Ferrari then much quicker than others in current patch? I didn't see much difference on my laptimes as I tried a few. (as slow with any car) Of course they feel different and should have their own pros and cons in my opinion. Maybe the Ferrari has the straight line speed if something.

I just picked it because I'm a huge fan of them in F1 and IMSA (Kimi and Vilander:) ) and I liked the feel and looks of it.

Peace:)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Again, it's fully free car choice, you can take which ever car you like for whatever (or no) reason you like :)
If you have a look at the TT's, there is a certain prancing horse that holds the top times (with a few exceptions), on almost all tracks.
It's just VERY good at everything (Handling / accel / top speed / braking), where others are VERY good at some things.

But I believe there is a Balance of Performance patch which will come out at some point (Would love it to be early in the season :D )

hesto

Pro Karter
Oct 31, 2017
Alright, some of these posts convinced me. Hopefully I won't regret this decision later :D

I'm switching from Ferrari 488 GT3 to Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

Col.McCoy

F1 Multiple Champion
May 26, 2016
BMW M6 for me. If anybody else dares to take a challenge (not driving the Ferrari), as grobi changed to the Porsche, I'm the only M6 driver without a teammate atm