PC - S8: AOR GT3 Elite - Car Selection Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC S8: AOR GT3 Elite - Car Selection Thread

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
And how many of us are quickly thinking..."What does he know? I need to test the SLS!!!"
Loved the beast in pCars1, and will be watching your progress here!
Good luck to you sir, and thanks for not being a sheep :)

• Agree
Reactions: Ironik and hesto

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
All other cars have been taken so you will have to take the Renault :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironik

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
Has any car other than the Ferrari got a decent default setup? If yes, I might be willed to switch, not driven any other GT3 cars properly so far, just heard it had a good and stable default setup.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Most are not too bad to drive on default, but none are as fast out the box as the Ferrari, and you can improve the Ferrari as much as the others on top of that.

McLaren is good out the box. NSX is on rails! Which you can afford to reduce in the quest for speed.
Also, the Lambo is a good solid safe machine too (kinda like the old Z4 of pCars1! Audi might be a little quicker, but less stable).

For me, Stability is the more critical thing, than speed. Especially at Elite level! 1 spin = maybe 5 - 10 seconds, and that could easily be 2 or 3 cars you have to get back past again....

M6 is a bit of a heavy barge...BUT LOOK AT IT!!!!!!
I'm about 0.5 secs quicker at Imola in the McLaren than I am in the M6 (It also feels more stable too...) but I just can't get out the M6!

• Useful
Reactions: Wizard and Ycoms

mikkisbee

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 29, 2017
I don't really think it is as OP as they potray it, and that's what hurts me the most :D
Yeah I mean i think the car got its OP reputation from first patch when it indeed was notable stronger from others, but it was nerfed recently. Me personally would also like to see a variable grid but what can you do:) I see your point and just hope that nobody picks the car just because of its reputation of being the best :D It's a strong car still but i don't think that anyone can win the series in car picking stage.

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Has any car other than the Ferrari got a decent default setup? If yes, I might be willed to switch, not driven any other GT3 cars properly so far, just heard it had a good and stable default setup.
McLaren has a perfect baseline. Others I don't really know, haven't driven them as much.

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I found out that Audi, Lambo are very close on loose deafult setup handling wise and mor importantly, sound wise :) Renault is very well balanced either with NSX so I think I am good for next 4 seasons :D

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
I found out that Audi, Lambo are very close on loose deafult setup handling wise and mor importantly, sound wise :)
Yup, they both use the same engine. Only very small difference comes from the exhausts :)

• Agree
Reactions: Mazy CZ

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
I got little to lose now, and I wanted to try the car for a quite a long time now so I thought I may aswell do it now.

Changing from McLaren 650S to Lambo Huracan GT3. @FisiFan91 will be proud xD