PC S8: AOR GT3 Elite - Main Thread

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
AOR Project CARS GT3 Leagues - Season 8
PC - Main Thread

This is the main thread for the PC GT3 Elite League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 7:45pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @AndrexUK @Nismo @Yorkie065 @Raigore
Race Host: TBC
Back-up Host: TBC

Drivers and Teams:

Drivers:

@Perry Grondstra
@Popsu
@Nismo
@SBart_uk
@Andreas Hader
@hesto
@WarnTyre
@Vernux
@Xenon91
@Mazy CZ
@Ycoms
@Morvic
@Hideaki
@Yoohan24
@Zabbzi
@AndrexUK
@grobi0815
@N1kmido
@mikkisbee
@Jeff[NL]
@Tipple
@Yorkie065
@Hamish Sopwith
@Col.McCoy
@Paul Tudor Jones
@rillo7105

Teams:

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016

Jeff[NL]

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
I would like to discuss something i noticed in my practise sessions on Imola. It feels like the penalty system on that track is somewhat very very tricky. As we will race etc with penaltys on i am very sceptic about how the race will go.
I understand that it will help great during qualification but in race i really have my doubts. I.e when racing and trying to overtake or something little mistakes can happen we can all agree on that no matter how good you are. This can end in getting off track with 4 wheels er maybe even a spin. The thing is that the very minor mistakes can cause big trouble. Get offline get warning instand lose many seconds ! Also what can happen is you avoid a sudden spin or crash from the opponent in front of you by going around it trough the grass as last attempt if braking will be to late. Natural response right ? Then you need to give position back becasue the game thinks its overtaking off track ..dont do it and you get penalty or even disqualified ? The penalty forces you to slow down on certain points ontrack that can be causing lots off troubles.

Last edited:

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Then you need to give position back becasue the game thinks its overtaking off track ..dont do it and you get penalty or even disqualified ? The penalty forces you to slow down on certain points ontrack that can be causing lots off troubles.
I tested it with @grobi0815 - the track limits don't work in the race. We only have them for Q, as you said you understand it helps a lot there.
In the race however, you can slice as much as you like, and with current settings (Drive through off, they are buggy so they're not in) you may aswell not just slow down after cutting the corner and no penalty will be applied, somehow.
If the situation like that happens, e.g. someone spins off and you're forced to go past him oustide the track limits - don't slow down. You'll get a time penalty, but it doesn't matter, as you can go to the stewards panel and we'll have it removed.

you may aswell not just slow down after cutting the corner and no penalty will be applied, somehow
THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN CUT THE CORNERS AND EXTEND! If you will, you'll be caught doing that, as the stewards will review the replay after the race. I also encourage you people, to remind fellow racers to keep it between the white lines if you see someone abusing track limits. If he carries on - report it to the stewards. No matter if he's your team-mate or not. Rules are the rules, and we all agreed on them.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I tested it with @grobi0815 - the track limits don't work in the race. We only have them for Q, as you said you understand it helps a lot there.
In the race however, you can slice as much as you like, and with current settings (Drive through off, they are buggy so they're not in) you may aswell not just slow down after cutting the corner and no penalty will be applied, somehow.
If the situation like that happens, e.g. someone spins off and you're forced to go past him oustide the track limits - don't slow down. You'll get a time penalty, but it doesn't matter, as you can go to the stewards panel and we'll have it removed.

THIS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN CUT THE CORNERS AND EXTEND! If you will, you'll be caught doing that, as the stewards will review the replay after the race. I also encourage you people, to remind fellow racers to keep it between the white lines if you see someone abusing track limits. If he carries on - report it to the stewards. No matter if he's your team-mate or not. Rules are the rules, and we all agreed on them.
I don't think you can specifically apply the rules only for Q and not for the race. You would have to set up two sessions

• What?
Reactions: EVR Morvic

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
In the race however, you can slice as much as you like [...]
The track limits are working as designed in race, as far as I remember.
The main differences is that the system is more "open" in race : The painted areas would, IIRC, be considered as part of the track whereas they're not in qualifications.

Yorkie065

SMS Representative
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
AOR Commentator
Jan 19, 2014
One thing to note though with the track limits as Morvic said, is that despite having the in-game system on, it doesn't mean that the game is now defining the track limits for the league. The league still uses the two wheels within or on the white lines as the defining rule, it's just the games system is now also being used alongside the league's rule to help police track limits. So, with that in mind, stick to two wheels within the white lines, unless the game is stricter than that. If you think that because the in-game track limits are turned on, they're now the defining limits of the track, you would be wrong.

EVR Morvic

Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
@Morvic are they ON or OFF? Can't quite understand
I meant they are on all the time :p But main reason we keep them on is because of qualifying. If they worked the same way they do in the race we'd have them off. But they do work = less work, and easier life for us.

• Useful
Reactions: rillo7105

Anon1

F1 Champion
Apr 13, 2016
One thing to note though with the track limits as Morvic said, is that despite having the in-game system on, it doesn't mean that the game is now defining the track limits for the league. The league still uses the two wheels within or on the white lines as the defining rule, it's just the games system is now also being used alongside the league's rule to help police track limits. So, with that in mind, stick to two wheels within the white lines, unless the game is stricter than that. If you think that because the in-game track limits are turned on, they're now the defining limits of the track, you would be wrong.
I have an answer for that problem. We will drive only at the oval tracks in the future :whistle:;):pompous::vomit:

Reactions: C. Tscharf

Hideaki

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Feb 10, 2016
I'd like to retire from this season, the game in it's current state is simply too broken to enjoy. Once again I had the bug in quali and race where your car becomes completely broken for no reason whatsoever. It's thrown hours of practice out the window and with no apparent remedy, there is no point in continuing until some serious patching is done. I'm sorry to my teammate @Mazy CZ for leaving him alone like this, and I'm sorry for the coordinators who undoubtedly get annoyed by people retiring mid-season. But until the game becomes playable for me, there's no point in racing.

rillo7105

1-time AOR PC GT3 Pro Champion
Premium Member
Jun 21, 2016
I'd like to retire from this season, the game in it's current state is simply too broken to enjoy.
Maybe you can wait until the next patch ( hopefully soon ) and do a proper test.