TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS 2 GT3 Leagues - Season 8
PC Pro - Driver Introduction
Hello and welcome to Season 8 of the AOR Project Cars 2 GT3 Leagues - and a very warm welcome in the Pro tier.

This thread serves as a place to get to know each other.

Feel free to share a few words about yourself and tell us, what are your goals for this season?

Looking forward to hear from all of you!

TicklishPicklewickle

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
I'll start with myself :)

My name is Mads (pronounced with a silent d. We like our silent d's in Denmark). I'm 18 years old and currently live near a rather small city (compared to the rest of the world) called Aalborg. It is located in the more northern part of Denmark right here:

At the moment I'm a 3rd year high school student mainly studying physics and mathematics. My future plans are to continue into university and study to become a mechanical engineer. I would love to be an engineer at a car manufacturer, otherwise anything mechanical is good enough for me. So educationally I still have a long road ahead.
I've been racing in karts since I was 9 years old and I'm still going strong. Not racing in any international championships though, mostly national events. But since I started high school the school started to fill a lot in my life and me and my dad decided to lift a little off the throttle because of all the school stuff I needed to do.
When it comes to sim racing equipment I'm currently racing with a Logitech g29 wheel with g27 pedals (didn't like the brake on the g29 pedals)
I'm pretty experienced with racing here at AOR. Been here since October 2016 and I'm not planning on leaving any time soon :)

The game I started joining AOR in last year was here at Project Cars. Long before that I had been racing in many sim's. I believe my first racing sim was back when GTR2 first came out. I was really hyped about this game. Although I did play it with a keyboard which was a pain in the ass, I still enjoyed the sh*t out of that game. But I joined pCars in AOR in October 2016 as mentioned before. I started with some social races and got to know a lot of people and really enjoyed it. I then joined the season 1 of the Endurance Multiclass Project Cars league which was my very first AOR league. Later I got into the Assetto Corsa scene where I'm also league racing.

My personal goal is mainly to have fun. I'm not in this to become the greatest driver the world has ever seen. I'm in this because I'm racing against a great bunch of people which is so enjoyable. Although I would of course like to be somewhat competitive, therefore I would aim for finishing in the points for each race :)

TheNetman

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 11, 2017
Hi there,

My name is Tom and I currently live in a small village in southern UK by the sea. I was born in Mallorca and lived there for 3 years before moving to the UK (my mum is English and my Dad is Spanish).

I am 16 and currently in my first year at college studying Mathematics, Physics and Business (similar to @TicklishPicklewickle), I also want to go on to study mechanical engineering at Uni and would like to become an engineer for a racing team. My dream is to become a Racing driver which is obviously not easy to achieve, hence my decision to become study to become an engineer almost as a back-up.

I started simracing in Need For Speed Shift which I played on a keyboard at 3FPS (literally!) back whenever it was released. I moved onto Need For Speed Shift 2 unleashed realising my love of speed and had Vaughn Gitten Jr haunt me ever since xD It was not until I was about 11 when I bought my beloved Logitech G27 i started sim racing. I played RaceRoom back in the day alongside other racing 'games' I had. It was Project Cars and Assetto Corsa that got me seriously interested in this hobby. A friend of mine (the Forza Champion @F4H Racerz ) introduced me to AOR and I joined the Pcars 1 V8 Supercar league in the summer of 2017.

Having enjoyed the league I couldn't wait to sign up for the GT3 Season 8 league, I binge watched @FisiFan91 AOR GT3 videos and when the Time Trial announcements were made I managed to set a decent time. Unfortunately I didnt manage to actually complete an evaluation race but my TT was good enough to end me up here.

I cant wait to start this league and hopefully place high in the points!

Best of luck to everyone :)

*Edit* I will be uploading videos from this League with post commentary. I hope to be the next FisiFan91 xD

Last edited:

Rickybrosh

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 27, 2016
Hi guys!

Just a quick presentation here, my name is Rickard 32 years old live in Gothenburg, Sweden. Last couple of years ive been in iRacing for the most part, loved PC1 though.

This will be my first season in AOR, looking forward to it. Will upload hopefully every race to my youtube channel if any of you would like to watch.

See you on wednesday!

TheNetman

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 11, 2017
Hi guys!

Just a quick presentation here, my name is Rickard 32 years old live in Gothenburg, Sweden. Last couple of years ive been in iRacing for the most part, loved PC1 though.

This will be my first season in AOR, looking forward to it. Will upload hopefully every race to my youtube channel if any of you would like to watch.

See you on wednesday!
Already a religious viewer on your channel! Look forward to seeing this content!

RatRug

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 8, 2017
Hi all,

My names Sam and I'm from Bournemouth, England. Am 24, currently working as an Inspector at a company which supplies Airplane parts. I have a degree in TV Production, which I'm yet to put to any good use.

Started Karting aged 7, using my Dad's pro-kart with massive blocks so I could reach the pedals. I won my first champ in Reading, England, aged 8 and went on to race is Formula 6 when aged 11. However my Parents split that year so it would become my final year of racing, gutted.

Started Sim-racing on Live For Speed in maybe 2007, playing that until it really started to die out in 2014/15 ish I guess, as Project Cars and Assetto Corsa were born. Joined the AOR GT3 league last season, improving each race until my highest position of 4th in the final race, in the elite class which I was not expecting.

Looking forward to this season however I've barely played the game so not feeling too confident at the moment!

W4ckyRac3r

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
May 18, 2015
Hi Guys,

A few of you will know me already but theres a lot of new faces in the pro league for this season! I'm Adam from Birmingham, UK, I currently work as an electrical engineer.

I raced in the pro league in season 7, where my highest finish was P3 from what I can remember, I know theres some quick drivers here yet again so I'm looking forward to the battles, hopefully I can compete near the front! I'll try my best to provide personal highlights (or lowlights) of each race.

See you all on track for some good racing!

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Hey guys,
My name is Sylvain, I'm 36 and from France.
I love motorsport and I did a lot of karting when I was younger.
I also did a lot of scale models racing (1/8 offroad) and I was pretty good at it.
I did a lot of high level competition but I had to quit this hobby as I grew up. Responsabilities, school and work... You know.
It was also very expensive and one's gear is crucial to be competitive (just like in real life motorsport though).

After that, I played Forza motorsport 3 a lot and did the French championship with quite good results.
I did meet some now well known drivers (BAM, SDL, TX3, GDLR).
I also did a lot of "stewarding"and I started to develop an aversion for "Elite" drivers (and teams) mentality.
There are so many drama with some of these guys... It was like "The Young and the Restless". :D :hilarious:

Eventually, my beloved wife bought me brand new wheel and pedals as my 30 birthday gift.
Sadly, I was slower with a wheel than with a gamepad except around Maple Valley ^^

I then heared about Project CARS and I bought in immediately even if I didn't have a capable computer at this time.
Once the game came out, I did some league racing and found AOR where I raced during one season.

Now I'm here, not ready as I lack, a lot, training. I didn't play pCARS 2 that much since it's out.
I'll see how things unfold ! :blackeye:

Cheers!

Last edited:

F1 racer

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jul 28, 2015
Hi
my name is Malte and I´m 18 years old. I live in a town called Fürstenau in the near of Osnabrück in Germany.
At the moment I´m doing my A-Level.
I raced in Season 3 and 4 in the Pro tier. After that I raced in the Endurance league.
I hope there will be got racing this season:)

Ferrius

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 19, 2017
Hey lads,

I'm Christian- by name, not religion - and I'm a 23-year-old student from Køge, Denmark. I'm currently in the process of turning my academic profession degree in Multimedia Design into a bachelor, and at some point, a masters degree. I've started a company on the side of my studies back in early 2016, and I spend most of my time with that when I'm not studying or gaming.

I started racing ages ago with a keyboard, which I later upgraded to a flight stick to even remotely get the "analog" feel. It was only about half a year ago I finally bought a proper steering wheel, my darling G29, and I got into proper racing.

I am, however, mainly an avid FPS player with some experience under my belt. I've competed professionally in various FPS titles (mainly Counter-Strike and Quake) on the national, as well as the international scene. Mainly online through invitational or open leagues under various organizations, but also at venues such as Dreamhack (Sweden), Copenhagen Games (Denmark), Insomnia (UK), and The Gathering (Norway). I stepped down from that scene a few years ago (2013 I think), focusing on a team management role, rather than the position of a player.

Nowadays to satisfy my FPS cravings, I spend my time between casually-competitive games in "Overwatch", but mainly with a heavy military-sim style game called "Squad". It's a 50v50 shooter that'll remind you of the lovechild between Arma and Battlefield, where I'm a Fireteam Leader and Marksman for a 24-man competitive team. We are as I'm writing this competing in the "International Squad Knockout Tournament", the official tournament outlet of the game, where we're competing in the Semi-finals next week. I'll link some videos from ages back at the bottom, should you be even remotely interested. :)

I'm not the greatest racer out there, I'll admit- but I do believe I'm a courteous one. I don't have the highest expectations for the seasons, seeing the pace of y'all - but I do expect a solid mid-field finish in the league, giving my teammate @RatRug the necessary backup to take our team Kiss My Assphalt to the top!

See y'all on the racetrack,
Ferrius

Here are some videos of mine, to reflect a bit on my FPS history and interest, as promised.

My POV highlights for one of our first matches as a 24-man team (SQUAD)

Clip from "Legends" charity match in CS:GO, where big community personalities in Denmark that quit the game, were called back for a match, streamed to support a charity (Can't quite remember which...). This was the last time I played the game.

And finally, something from the golden years, the first well-received frag movie I appeared in - Rechyyy's second masterpiece