PC S8: AOR GT3 Pro - Main Thread

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016

AOR Project CARS GT3 Leagues - Season 8
PC - Main Thread
This is the main thread for the PC GT3 Pro League - here you can chat about anything with your fellow league drivers!

General Information:
Race Day: Wednesday
Event start: 7:45pm (UK time)

League Rules
League Information
Race Calendar
Results & Standings

League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle @Raigore
Race Host: TBC
Back-up Host: TBC

Drivers and Teams:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: estebano

TheNetman

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 11, 2017
Is there any prize or anything similar for the winner of this league? Not that it matters to me but out of interest

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Since I've nothing else going on right now, I'll stick something up on behalf of @TicklishPicklewickle - won't have complete Q results though.
Thanks mate :p
I've been on a class trip throughout the weekend so haven't been able to be on the forums for about 3 days. Got on here and had 50 notifications :eek:
Look like I've got some catching up to do :p

Thomas Hozé

Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
Hi !
I'm new here and i have a question for staff member, not sure if this is the right place but i try =)
I heard this is impossible to use a custom livery for AOR..
So my question is WHYYYYY ?? I'm so sad i spend 2 full days on doing one for a Youtuber i like so much and he told me it was forbidden.
I'm really deseperate and i need a good reason for your denial because it seems mad to me.
Sorry but isn't it more interresting for Youtube and even other drivers to watch different car liveries instead of always the same ones ???

I can't get it :'(

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Hi !
I'm new here and i have a question for staff member, not sure if this is the right place but i try =)
I heard this is impossible to use a custom livery for AOR..
So my question is WHYYYYY ?? I'm so sad i spend 2 full days on doing one for a Youtuber i like so much and he told me it was forbidden.
I'm really deseperate and i need a good reason for your denial because it seems mad to me.
Sorry but isn't it more interresting for Youtube and even other drivers to watch different car liveries instead of always the same ones ???

I can't get it :'(
It's not forbidden by AOR, it's not possible in the game.
For making it work everyone should hack the game and replace the files of a livery by yours => it's not possible in an official league.

Thomas Hozé

Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
It's not forbidden by AOR, it's not possible in the game.
For making it work everyone should hack the game and replace the files of a livery by yours => it's not possible in an official league.
You mean if i use a custom livery and play an online game, no one will see my livery but myself ?
The guy told me a staff members told him it was forbidden :/

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
You mean if i use a custom livery and play an online game, no one will see my livery but myself ?
The guy told me a staff members told him it was forbidden :/
It's forbidden because if someone use a custom livery, everyone else will see a white livery : As you said, if you use a custom livery, you're the only one seeing it online.

The devs don't want to support online custom liveries as they're already short in memory. Even more for long tracks like Nurburgring.

Thomas Hozé

Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
It's forbidden because if someone use a custom livery, everyone else will see a white livery : As you said, if you use a custom livery, you're the only one seeing it online.

The devs don't want to support online custom liveries as they're already short in memory. Even more for long tracks like Nurburgring.
Well, i understand why they don't want to show the custom livery, but why is that a problem if the car appears white to others ?? I mean is that different from yellow car with black stripes ? Tbh i don't see where is the problem..

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
That's rather simple : What if everybody is using a custom livery ? What happens to streaming, replays or when driving ?
All cars will be white. That's awfull and immersion breaking.

Reactions: Blunboi

Thomas Hozé

Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
That's rather simple : What if everybody is using a custom livery ? What happens to streaming, replays or when driving ?
All cars will be white. That's awfull and immersion breaking.
Well, i disagree, but i guess we can't change rules anyway.
Btw i don't think a they all would use a custom livery xD it's a very hard work so probbably 3 or 4 cars with custom liveries in all leagues...

Thomas Hozé

Pro Karter
Nov 13, 2017
Well... You're selfish disagreeing on this.
Even for Ricky... His streaming would look so bad with white cars everywhere except his own car.
But i don't think everyone would use a custom livery, taht's the point, if more than 5 cars use it in one league i understand it's ugly to have 5 white cars, but if there are only 2 or 3 i don't think it's ugly :/
We should do a "vote" thread to know who would use a custom livery and, knowing the answer, change the rule about this or not if there are too many custom liveries users.