Season 1 Track Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Season 1 Track Discussion

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I'll eventually add a poll to this thread so people can vote on a number of tracks which we'll include, but please suggest and discuss and tracks to include or issues with certain tracks to maybe exclude from season 1.

At the minute I've put together the following list of tracks, it's broken into 2 part, those that will be included and a potential list will will increase with everyone's suggestions.

I'll also list tracks to be excluded and post any reasons given, these could still be used in the future.

Tracks Definitely Included.

Brno
Imola
Catalunya
Spa
Silverstone GP
Hockenhiem GP

Suggestions

Dubai National
Watkins Glen GP
Willow Springs
Road America (is it wide enough)
Oschersleben
Donington National
Nurbergring
Zolder
Monza
Zhuhai
Bugatti Circuit
Sakitto International or National (very bumpy)

Current Exclusions
Laguna Seca - Issues with Sand
Monaco

Everyone tagged :)

@Du7cH
@Termite111
@iJokeri22
@BaSsMaNLoFtY
@Elite_sultan
@x PrO BiGGzY x
@StottyD
@Jthorn97
@Bcolt93
@Coops
@iLeeRoy_x
@CragglesD
@Marcus Lindblom
@NINJA1

Last edited:

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
With the exception of Oschersleben as suggested by Al (mainly as I forgot about it) I've done a few laps around all the other on the suggested list with a default setup changed in line with the restrictions (just thought I'd mention that) and the white tyres.

Dubai National is a great little track, there is a longer version but this one seems about the right distance.

With Watkins Glen & Willow Springs I'll admit I thought both were crap at 1st, but then I did a few more laps and really enjoyed them both.

Watkins Glen has a nice enclosed section, but overall it's quick and fun, Willow Springs is frickin rapid but the only potential problem is if you end up on the dirt as it takes an age to get off, but I wouldn't exclude it.

Road America is made for these cars, but I'm sure it's actually wider on every other game (possibly in real life too), so is it wide enough?

With Laguna Seca I'm excluding it from the start, the track itself isn't bad and the corkscrew is quality, the track issue is if you dip a wheel in the sand you simply can't get out which at this time is a no no, maybe in the future it could he used but not ATM.

I've included Monaco on the excluded at present, only because we need the SMS patch to come to fix the game sometimes needing a restart after heavy contact with cars or walls. (this is the only game issue I actually have as such lol)

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Why not Monaco? I made 10 laps earlier today there with the Formula B car without crashing.

EDIT: Missed your second comment Rug.

Reactions: Rug

iJokeri22

Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What about Donington I know its short but its a brilliant little track.
Hoping they add some more tracks in the future like Indianapolis, old Hockenheim, Austria. Just as examples.
I never seem to get alerts when you tag me @Rug ?

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Bathurst would be a goddamn nightmare. its hard enough being consistent and staying out of the barriers on your own, adding another 15 cars that can also make a mistake would be ridiculous. Watkins Glen is nice, the track surface is a mystery to me though. Road America is okay but narrow. Could we possibly look at Nuremberg, Zolder or Monza, preferably the first couple.

edit: also took a spin around the Chinese circuit Zhuhai, and its not bad and would definitely benefit from a pretty simple setup. im within 8 seconds of the record and haven't touched anything other than break bias and aero not including tires

Last edited:

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
What about Donington I know its short but its a brilliant little track.
Hoping they add some more tracks in the future like Indianapolis, old Hockenheim, Austria. Just as examples.
I never seem to get alerts when you tag me @Rug ?
Which version of Donington?
Bathurst would be a goddamn nightmare. its hard enough being consistent and staying out of the barriers on your own, adding another 15 cars that can also make a mistake would be ridiculous. Watkins Glen is nice, the track surface is a mystery to me though. Road America is okay but narrow. Could we possibly look at Nuremberg, Zolder or Monza, preferably the first couple.

edit: also took a spin around the Chinese circuit Zhuhai, and its not bad and would definitely benefit from a pretty simple setup. im within 8 seconds of the record and haven't touched anything other than break bias and aero not including tires
I love Nurbergring but didn't want to use both German tracks in the same season, could be voted on.

Monza is on every F1 game which is the only reason I excluded it to go somewhere different.

Which version of Zolder, I think there's 2?

Tigerkart_22

AOR Podcast Quiz Multiple Winner
Premium Member
Sep 14, 2014
I believe there is only one version of Zolder. I like the track and would be good for the championship

Love Watkins Glen and it's great for racing

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Which version of Donington?

I love Nurbergring but didn't want to use both German tracks in the same season, could be voted on.

Monza is on every F1 game which is the only reason I excluded it to go somewhere different.

I don't mind having two german tracks in the same season. Would be quite cool if we had them next to each other actually.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
The Buggatti circuit at Les Mans is nice too. Gave it a go last night and it was a challenge. For a track with only 10 turns it was difficult

Reactions: TheDeterrent

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The Buggatti circuit at Les Mans is nice too. Gave it a go last night and it was a challenge. For a track with only 10 turns it was difficult
Tbh I overlooked those tracks when looking, be interesting to have a spin and see

TheDeterrent

Junior Karter
May 22, 2015
Is there going to be an Xbox one league? And if there is how do I sign up? I've just signed up to AOR and have no idea what I'm doing haha

Jthorn97

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2015
Is there going to be an Xbox one league? And if there is how do I sign up? I've just signed up to AOR and have no idea what I'm doing haha
Go to the interest thread of leagues. This is not a official league(yet). Its a social league on ps4.

Reactions: TheDeterrent