PC - Season 5 Preliminary Ideas | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Season 5 Preliminary Ideas

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Don't know why some of you don't know the tracks. Yes the calender is hidden, but everyone knows the track list and everyone knows which track is new for them. I tested every track, which was unknown for me this season, for at least 10 laps to know how the corners go and where to brake approximately...
This isn't very time consuming and everybody should do it imo...
Well after four season I am still surprised that we still have so many accidents on lap 1.. I thought people would have learnt by now, but apparently not. :) If it doesn't work to switch back to one race format, then we might as well close the league and race solo. :)

Iceberg

F1 Senna Equivalent
Aug 9, 2016
I feel like everyone didn't get that when i said what i said earlier was mean to be more or less a joke kind of thing, but then again for sure having more known tracks can help having less crashes but also i don't think the tracks have been a problem

• Agree
Reactions: Noztra

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Well after four season I am still surprised that we still have so many accidents on lap 1.. I thought people would have learnt by now, but apparently not. :) If it doesn't work to switch back to one race format, then we might as well close the league and race solo. :)
You are very right. Sad to say, but the driving standards are rather poor for a league that now exists for almost 4 seasons. Probably this is because trought the four seasons a lot of people left us and a lot of people joined us...

Maybe an idea would be, to not reset the penalty points after a season. If people accumulate the points they are maybe becoming more careful the more they are reaching 50 points, which result in a blacklisting from the league forever.
I raced for 4 seasons now and maybe accumulated around 25 penalty points whereas some new drivers are collecting almost 50 points in their first season and next season they start again at 0 points... Thats not right imo!

Another idea would be a time trial event before the season. Only drivers who are able to set a time within x % of the fastest lap time are allowed to participate in the following season. That would decrease at least the massive gap in pace and would encourage drivers to improve their driving...

• Informative

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
Another idea would be a time trial event before the season. Only drivers who are able to set a time within x % of the fastest lap time are allowed to participate in the following season. That would decrease at least the massive gap in pace and would encourage drivers to improve their driving...
Don´t get me wrong mate i fully respect your opinion. The idea of a time trial will separate "fast drivers" from "slow drivers" so we´ll have two tiers? or "slow people" just cant join the league?
Everything else you guys are right dammm 4 seasons and lot of tracks and still the same behaviour :(

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I don't wanna get into the discussion about "fast" and "slow" drivers, because that is not the problem. There could be a gap of 15 sec between people and it wouldn't change anything, because its down to the attitude you bring on the track. If you know there is a guy who is 3 sec slower than you in front of you, then its your responsibility as the "faster" driver to pass him without causing an accident. If that means it take you 2 laps to do so, because you need to figure out where he is slower than you, so be it.

"Slower" guys are just as entitled to be on the track as the "faster" guys. So imo its no a case of fast vs slow. I think its the lack of respect from the "fast" towards the "slow" drivers that is the problem. I see many "faster" drivers in race 2 just plow trough the field, pushing, bumping, knocking "slower" drivers out of the way.

And just because you can set a laptime within a certain time, doesn't equal that you are good racer.

But again this is just what I have seen and my opinion, and what do I know.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
Don´t get me wrong mate i fully respect your opinion. The idea of a time trial will separate "fast drivers" from "slow drivers" so we´ll have two tiers? or "slow people" just cant join the league?
Everything else you guys are right dammm 4 seasons and lot of tracks and still the same behaviour :(
We are having crashes everywhere in the field, in the front, in the middle and in the back (probably some more in the middle and the back but thats obvious because the cars bunch up more in the middle and in the back). So my post was definitely not "against" slower drivers.
It was more an encouraging post, so that everybody asks themselves what other drivers are doing better so that they can be so fast. It's not black magic or cheating its just concentration, focus and some simple basics.
I don't care how fast somebody is, but if somebody can't follow these simple three things and causing a lot of trouble I get kind of angry and loose every motivation to participate in this league any longer...

• Agree

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
We are having crashes everywhere in the field, in the front, in the middle and in the back (probably some more in the middle and the back but thats obvious because the cars bunch up more in the middle and in the back). So my post was definitely not "against" slower drivers.
It was more an encouraging post, so that everybody asks themselves what other drivers are doing better so that they can be so fast. It's not black magic or cheating its just concentration, focus and some simple basics.
I don't care how fast somebody is, but if somebody can't follow these simple three things and causing a lot of trouble I get kind of angry and loose every motivation to participate in this league any longer...
The point idea could work, but from next season we will be switching to another penalty system, where you don't get time penalty for the next race, but a grid penalty instead.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
I know. :)

But we are having more crashes in race 2, where "fast" drivers are making it up trough the grid.

D. Goelz

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
And tbh, I can't remember a crash in race 1 in the Top10 since race 1 in Tor Poznan but in the same time there were couple of crashes in the Top10 in the 2nd races...
I do not blame anyone, but everyone should ask themselves if they have done everything correctly and if not, what they are going to do to prevent such a situation in the next races...

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Did you consider setting up the damage level to 100%? At the moment you can get away without any damage even if you suffered a heavy impact either from an opponent or the wall. I get the argument that a lower damage level allows you to continue if you get involved in unlucky incidents. Just want to say that in every league I´ve raced so far I made the experience that people are driving and battling more careful with each other when they will most likely destroy their own race if they don´t. In my opinion it´s an important part of racing that you need to take care of your own car and therefore you need to take care of everyone else´s car as well.

Noztra

Banned Users
Mar 3, 2015
Did you consider setting up the damage level to 100%? At the moment you can get away without any damage even if you suffered a heavy impact either from an opponent or the wall. I get the argument that a lower damage level allows you to continue if you get involved in unlucky incidents. Just want to say that in every league I´ve raced so far I made the experience that people are driving and battling more careful with each other when they will most likely destroy their own race if they don´t. In my opinion it´s an important part of racing that you need to take care of your own car and therefore you need to take care of everyone else´s car as well.
Good idea.

Reactions: N1kmido

R.Macieira

Premium Member
Premium Member
May 5, 2016
I got your point mate we´re not making a war between fast/slow drivers :).

Yeah i watch "fast" guys on quali and try to learn what im doing "wrong", but in the race i feel the pressure and i make mistakes,its not easy when i have "faster" guys behind me trying/forcing overtakes.I also understand that Svcks being behind a "slower" driver. i´ve to work more on my concentration/focus.

• Friendly
Reactions: D. Goelz

SilverArrow3

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 15, 2014
Nice discussion you guys have here. But imo it's the people who causes accidents , not the cars themselves and for sure not the tarmac of the tracks. I've been racing in AOR since 2010 in many different race classes and guess what , accidents in every season. @exited also says it : Probably this is because trought the four seasons a lot of people left us and a lot of people joined us...

So I don't know how far the penalties statistics of every driver goes , but I guess it makes it clear who is fair and who is not.

Also maybe an idea , if someone needs to have a penalty , maybe add a penalty in grid positions towards the next race , but keep the time penalty for that given race. OK yes it's harsh , but clearly something needs to be done to shake people awake.

Reactions: santsuke99

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
Well imo we had the biggest issues in testing and preseason with much better level when championship started, also with maybe atleast one of the too aggressive drivers leaving. I think regarding reviewing the season we shouldn't put too much focus on the 2nd races and instead look at the main races (race nr. 1) where there really wasn't too many issues, very clean towards the front and then maybe more mistakes towards the back. Once we get rid of race 2 for next season it's easier to spot the drivers who are causing incidents, I guess you can already spot the from season 4 with the ones with a lot of penalty points, so what I think is that the ones with so high penalty points should actually get some further penalty as a result of it, atm I haven't spotted any, so I'm not sure if there's a system for it used on AC, if there is it might then need to be made harscher and starting handing out quali and race banns etc. earlier. I don't see it as a big issue tbh. I atleast think a radical change regarding how penalties works isn't needed, just making sure it's adjusted if the cods deem it necessary.

santsuke99

Formula 4 1st Driver
Apr 14, 2017
I had better ending to the season than I expected, which I'm happy about. This season was such a big struggle with my driving through out the season but at least racing was always enjoyable even when incidents happened.. after all I gave up with championship after tor poznan :D . Congrats to @Hampus Soderberg for drivers championship, I think I haven't congratulated you yet! Team championship came in the end quite easily due to potential challengers having drop puts (neon and marlboro for example), thanks @Mr AlcoN for these awesome skins as well! Also thanks to @Ycoms and @McPhilen for your once again awesome streams :) I was glad to see @Sisuvoima10 racing in these couple of last races because we have raced in the past many times (although he usually was faster), hope to race with you more next season! I hope to see guys in next season as well, I think and hope it will be better. :)
Edit: this was meant to be in the round 8 thread, but oh well :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr AlcoN

Hampus Soderberg

AOR PC Assetto Corsa S4 & RallyCross S1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2014
When I saw the social with the Renault Trophy I tried out the car and gotta say I think it's great and definitely the car I'd go for in season 5 if I could choose. Great feeling with the FFB which I do think is better on this car than any other car on AC. (FFB is a point on AC I've never been the biggest fan of).

Hopefully we get some more ppl on the social to try it out.

I understand it's likely that it's a formula car that gets picked for season 5 but hopefully other options are still considered, doubtful if I'd join a formula season, as I've said, formula cars is not why I race on AC as I think other simulators do them better (again, a lot down to FFB/feeling).

• Informative