Season Finale - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Season Finale - Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Michal7M

AOR PS4 GT3 Pro S8 Champion
Nov 18, 2014
Well, if I don't DC tomorrow, I'm clear candidate for the last place.. 3rd sector is absolute nightmare. I'm in mid 1:43's, which is still 2s off the top guys. All set for proper season finale humiliation :)

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Well, if I don't DC tomorrow, I'm clear candidate for the last place.. 3rd sector is absolute nightmare. I'm in mid 1:43's, which is still 2s off the top guys. All set for proper season finale humiliation :)
Same here! Im equal with people in the first 2 sectors but in the last i lose a second :eek:

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
So then, high 41's if all goes to plan. Not bad for 10 minutes work I think??? (Now is when everyone goes, 'I'm in the 40's' [emoji6]

Chicane

F1 Reserve Driver
Feb 2, 2014
Typical ending of my season and typical final race in the game F1 2014. A brief Steam disconnect removed my spare invites and kicked me out of the game. F1 2014 turned out to be pretty awful: Haven't even finished 50 online races, and I've played this game for only 78 hours. (For comparison: F1 2013 over 300 hours)

Thanks for the races this season. On the minus side: my results have been poor compared to previous season. On the + side: I've had some nice battles on track.

Still I really missed the dynamic weather. If AOR is doing F1 2015 without dynamic weather again, I won't participate. I Hope all things will be better in F1 2015 (including my driving skills), so I'll cya again on track!

Microlander

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2014
Sad that coming up to the end of a lap where i was 0.6 up on my current lap then the curb spins me so i retire, Then i shift- tab and nothing comes up and my game freezes so i cant controll it, i tried everything but didnt work :L Pretty annoyed about that so i had to make my self feel better and do some stupid stuff on steam, anyways Thanks for the races this season and i guess the first half of the season where i had some nice battles, Its a season i want to forget and mainly a game which i want to put in the bin now. Ive lost all my speed/ everyone else is faster now and im really slow which made me even more angry but i hope f1 2015 will be Simulator handling not this awful handling on f1 2014, I expect you guys to still be really fast and me really slow, If i do ever do a season again ill make sure it will turn out better than this one and ill have a better pc (I Hope) recently ive been playing alot of games that are made for the wheel like AC and Rfactor but i still enjoy them and thats the path i am heading, F1 games are not my style of fun anymore after this game with the handling. I know im a bad driver because TRL limitless can do a 1:39.5 around abu dhabi at his best while im 3s slower :depressed: But ive loved split 3 and i managed to turn up to every race but only finished like 50% :whistle:

Jersias

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
I think this is probably the most stupidest finales... Lots of people disconnecting, two cars retired because a laggy bollard on the first corner. Currently there is 4 people driving, which almost automatically means Levis is out of the championship :cry: But I guess that summs up this game, although I've enjoyed it most of the time (Probably the only one). Sad to see both championships get decided like this :meh: Thank you for the small season with you guys, hopefully we'll see on the following seasons!

• Agree
Reactions: Michal7M

Michal7M

Nov 18, 2014
Hmm, I forgot another option - what about to hit invisible wall...
[DOUBLEPOST=1428870170][/DOUBLEPOST]Good bye f1 2014, not going to start you anymore.. I will remember it as one big disapointment. Not because I was not really competitive, it's because of bugs and shitty net code. DC'ed so many times, plus flying cars, side pod bug, not equal pad vs wheel.. etc.

Hope to see you again, fingers crossed f1 2015 will be much better. I'm not going to pre-order, will wait for the feedback first.

matt785shimmy

Reigning AOR PC Split 3 Champion
Jan 15, 2014
Well, I won the championship, good, but it was won on merit as with only 4 cars finishing at the end, it was almost certain. i hate to see a championship decided this way. I am confident I would have finished 3rd without the disconnections, but if they were not present, it would have at least given Levis a chance. Oh well, an AOR championship in my first PC appearance, and I can finally delete this piece of **** from my PC now, before it corrupts a file or something, its likely to happen given the utter disaster this game was. 2015 is on pre-order, and I hope it is actually useable. it has been a good season, highlight being Bahrain probably, and I wish to be racing with you all in the future. if anyone wants to plat assetto corsa with me and microlander, send me a steam message and we can stay in touch before the start of season 10 of AOR. thanks and I will see you guys whenever, good luck with whatever you do. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Microlander

iBlue

Formula Karter
Oct 22, 2014
Congratz to Matt, who was very consistent throughout the season! Also I'd like to thank Levis for all the brilliant races and practice sessions that we had together, it was a great experience to participate in my first AOR league. Now that important things are coming up in my life I'm not sure if I can race anymore, but if I can I will surely carry on driving in the league. Wish everyone all the best for the future!

My race in a nutshell :p

Levis

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Oct 28, 2014
Everything that could have gone wrong that race did.

Small amounts of drivers on the grid Check.

In quali we had practiced some slipstream action with @Jersias and I actually gave it to wrong car... and guess who it was... @matt785shimmy Check.

Race started pretty decently with fast @iBlue behind matt but then this happened
Check.

Jersias was holding up matt so James could get into drs zone but matt got past him and made a small gap. Check.

Then the one person that was probably the fastest person on track hit the glitch bollard and destroyed his vehicle Check.

Then Iblue disconnects and my life becomes super hard with 7-6 drivers on the race. Check

It is fine because @aMadMouse was now ahead of matt so matt is 3rd and I can make his life miserable enough to get @James past him. Wait... James and chicane DC. Check.

Well after that we lose another driver to the glitch bollard and 2nd safetycar comes to track. I also forgot to pit here because I was thinking of a way I could get matt to finish 4th with 4 drivers on the grid. So I drop to last. Check.

Cleared @AJ fast and went after matt and mouse. And I got past them when matt braked a bit too late and collected mouse with him. Wait... There is no negatives in that. Unchecked.

Matt was 2nd at this point and he got a small gap to madmouse so I Went very slowly on 1st sector and matt was right behind me, I basically went 20km/h on the chicane and mouse got himself into drs zone and went past matt. But with 4 cars on the grid it didn't help me at all. There was 1,5 laps to go and I went super slowly on the 3rd sector so I could get AJ into drs zone. It worked but he didn't quite make the move. At this point I knew it was pretty over but I tried one last try in the 3rd sector under the bridge. Basically parked my car on the apex and accelerated just before mouse was about to overtake me in hopes of slowing down matt. But didn't work. Check.

Shamefully I didn't record the race since I am on my slower computer and didn't want any issues with recording software that would cause me to DC. It would have been pretty interesting to watch me working my ass off to have some kind of fighting chance in the championship.

In the end @matt785shimmy navigated his way to 3rd despite my and @Jersias best efforts. So I think you deserve it. Not much more I could have done. I think I had like 23 points per race or something ridiculous. Such a shame to lose with 1 VITUN VITUN PISTEELLÄ.:sour:

#LevisRants

EDIT: Cya going to take a shower. So fucking sweaty.

Last edited:

AJ

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Sad way to end season but that just sums up f1 2014, a disaster, but atleast we dont have to put up with this piece of crap any longer, fingers crossed they get 2015 right.

Congratulations to Matt and Micro on taking both titles.

Hope to see you guys on grid in next game.

Reactions: Microlander

Michal7M

Nov 18, 2014
Hi guys, if your interested in doing some racing while we wait for 2015, take a look here.
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/mini-season-game-vote-pc-platform.5693/
Thank you @AJ.
Me personally, I will rather take deep breath before next season. It's kind of shocking, that 2 months before the next game release, there is just couple of leaked screenshots. I may be wrong, but I expect complete mess, when the f1 2015 comes out. Hopefully they will keep fixing the bugs, just that would be great improvement.

Btw - I changed slightly my profile name.