PC - Season Review and Feedback | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Season Review and Feedback

Delta2611

F1 Coordinator & S17 PC Assist League 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 4, 2018
Friends,

first: thanks a lot for this amazing season.
You are all great people and I enjoyed every single day of this season.
I hope we can stay in touch and maybe even race against some of you in the next season.

For all that missed it, here are our winners:

World Drivers Champion: @GnialSsor

World Constructors Champion: McLaren with @CubaTheGreatest and @Cohen Blake

Congratulations :)

I know some parts of the season might have been frustrating for some of you, especially with the restarts that we had.
I hope you feel that every race was fair for everyone though :)

I want to revisit the Mid-Season Feedback and see what (if anything) has changed.
Please do not feel obligated to fill this out, you don't have to.

But it will help me understand how you feel about this past few months.
So, here is the form which you may copy, but you can also write your own text.

What has been your favorite/best race of the season?

What has been your least favorite/worst race of the season?

Any thoughts on the level of racing and competition in this league?

Have your pre-season expectations been fulfilled?

What are your hopes/expectations for next season?

On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your season?

Any other thoughts, opinions or suggestions?

@Jess95 @simsoares @SuperMario__ @Oliver Baron @GOCAS @Aelirenn @Radek11CZ @Hand Solo @MrSascha @Synestros @FSN Archer @Taraku24 @CrimE @kasito nl @Crimson @CubaTheGreatest @Cohen Blake @GnialSsor @kxuping @Fleron @HoneybadgerF1

Synestros

Pro Karter
Aug 25, 2018
Hello friends!

Baku was my first race of the season. It was also my best race (in terms of results) of the season :)

Every race I did not finish, but the worst (most frustrating) race was France for me. I love the track but I lost grip in the last corners of the race and DNF

As this was my first experience in sim racing (F1 2018 is my first racing game), I have no reference to other leagues/driver. I had the feeling I can compete with you guys in the qualifying. During the race my pace was not as good as I wanted to. But I think the level of competition was overall on an eye level. :) It was a lot of fun! The racing was nice. Overall it was a respectful racing in my opinion. When racing next to another driver I am still to anxious to really compete. I do not really know how to behave and to avoid a crash, I let the driver pass by (If some of you have some tips for me, this would be great). But I think (at least I hope) this will come over the time.

Yes! My goal was to finish some races and even score some points. I am quite satisfied with my result. Now I need to work on my consistency.

That I see some of you guys on the grid. And that a friend of mine (who will start next season) will be in the same league as me. He has quite the same pace. Let's see. :cool:

I would say a 6. It is a lot of room for improvement for me. But I enjoyed every single race.

I hope to see you guys in the next league and let's stay in touch. Thanks guys :D:D

• Clever
Reactions: kxuping

Taraku24

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 31, 2018
My favourite race of the season has to be either Monza or Sochi, I had very good pace on them both and believe I could have had great results but Stop - And - Go penalties saw that I didn't

My least favourite race this season has to have been the last race in Abu Dhabi, I have spoken about why on my stream at least 5 times so I wont bore anyone with it.

The majority of players are very close when it comes to pace, I would think that some drivers are better at qualifying than the race but there have been times when drivers have surprised us all and come out with amazing results as I believe everyone has 'their' track which they excel at.

I think my pre-season expectations have been more than filled. I knew this was competitive and clean racing and I think not only have I found that here but also a great community. At the beginning of the season I didn't expect to be getting so many points as I have never joined a SIM racing league before, but I think by doing this I have improved my own skill and have gained a huge amount of confidence in my skill level.

I hope that I am able to turn all of my DNFs into results next season, I pride myself on being consistent and looking at the stats this season I have the highest reliability percentage. I also hope that I will be able to grab a few pole positions and maybe a win or 2 as I didn't achieve either this season. I expect competition to be a bit harder as everyone has had league experience now but should also bring some great battles and clean driving.

I rate my season 7/10, I have had some great results including 5 podiums in my first season, I have been very reliable and consistent through out but I couldn't put the score any higher as I didn't get any Pole positions or wins this season and also had a few DNF races.

Hopefully most of us will be in the same league next season, it would be great to keep in touch and i wish everyone the very best for next season and in life. Thank you all for a great experience you are all amazing people.

GnialSsor

S16 AOR PC Assist League 3 Champion
May 22, 2018
Japan, the battle between myself and Cuba was the highlight of the season. I don't think we could re-create that if we tried.

I can't really say i've had a worst race this season. Yes, i've had the occasional DNF and the last round DQ but i suppose there all things which can easily happen.

I think the league stats speak for themselves for this question, 11 different Pole Sitters, 9 Different Winners. The league has been fairly equal throughout the season and the improvement rate with some people within this league has made last part of the season very competitive.

I have to say there has been a skill gap between the top and the bottom, understandably though this is a "learning league" so i don't expect people to be as fast as others. But as previously stated, the people at the back have had a considerable improvement throughout the season.

More than definite.As previously mentioned, I came into this league expecting to be outclassed the majority of the time hoping to score the occasional point or two, so the fact I was able to win the Driver's Championship against a lot of talented guys and girls still amazes me.

Well as stated to the group, I shall be "hanging up the boots" with F1 in the meantime, and focusing my attention on upcoming endurance racing with iRacing. I may return to F1 league racing when the new game is released, but in saying that if i enjoy my endurance racing experience, I may join a AOR iRacing League.

In the meantime, i'm aware most people will be practicing for this upcoming season, so i am more than happy to join practice sessions with you guys. This will allow me to practice with my wheel and no assists.

10/10. Was better with my race pace than i was with qualifying. But my consistency of my results throughout the season was the key for winning the title.

I'd like to thank the everyone for making this a fun experience and I wish you all the best in your future F1 races. I'd like to sat i've made a lot of friends and i will be keeping an eye out for you guys in the future.

A couple of suggestions for people.

@kasito nl - If you slow it down by 5% in the race, i can see you easily winning races in the future. I wish you good luck :)

@simsoares - You need to be a have a bit more patience when racing, you've had some unforced errors in races (e.g Russia & Japan being recent) where you damaged your progress up the field. Bide your time and i'm sure you'll be racing for the podium's soon.

@CubaTheGreatest and @SuperMario__ - I'd imagine you two will be fighting against each other in a league, so i can't wait for you two to fight for the championship.

@Hand Solo - Your improvement in the second half of the league has been nothing more than outstanding, keep it up!!
I wish you the best.

@kxuping - Keep at these F1 leagues and continue improving, you've been finishing a lot of races which is good, now try to build up the speed. I don't see you being a back marker for too long.

@Jess95 - Get good! :p (In all honesty, i see you fighting for podiums in the upcoming season, your improvement has been impressive to see)

Reactions: Synestros

kxuping

Formula 4 Test Driver
Aug 6, 2018
All that I finished.

Bharain GP, I was very ill and could not race.
Sochi GP, game DSQ me for going the wrong way outside of the track to try to turn into the track after first lap multiple crash.

Almost all are very respectful and racing was very fun.

yes

finish all races, do not crash others, score some points and have fun.

10. finished almost all races. did score some points, did not get banned.

Suggestion:

When laping slower players, wait until the next straight.

Opinion:
for @Delta2611 and the others that organized the races and pre races thanks a lot for your time and effort.
Thanks to all that helped me on this forum and Steam chat to found how to do something on the game, the lack of a real manual is not good.

Questions:
+where do you get your car tuning?
-fast faster from the defaults offering
-steam workshop/internet
-you make your own?

+how many laps/hours/days do you practice for a track?

+when playing against AI, what level do you user to practice?

Last edited:

GnialSsor

S16 AOR PC Assist League 3 Champion
May 22, 2018
Questions:
+where do you get your car tuning?
I test other people's setups from what they used for their time trial time. I'll try a few to see what one suits me best.

+how many laps/hours/days do you practice for a track?
I'd say I was doing, in total 100 laps at least per track. I'd practice every second day (e.g Monday, Wednesday & Friday), plus on the Weekend. I would create practice sessions to find out how long I could drive on a set of tyres until they had no grip, and at the same time try to practice my consistency. I also joined AOR social races, which they did do on a Wednesday & Friday to practice my race strategy.

+when playing against AI, what level do you user to practice?
The drivers at the top would race with 100-105 level of AI. Mid-table would be more 85-95 level of AI.

I hope this help @kxuping

• Useful
Reactions: kxuping

simsoares

Formula Karter
Sep 9, 2018
abu dhabi p19-p5, spa my first victory and singapure when i started last and i finished second

Austria(kicked out of the race), france and russia(with a stupid mistake)
I improve so much and now i m ready to fight for more wins i hope so xD
Yes i will start practice this week
Try to win the championhsip this is my only goal

Hopefully most of us will be in the same league next season
and try to be more "patient" in the races

Hand Solo

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 1, 2014
Spa - it was a breakout race for me where I wasn't trailing at the back of the pack and was actually in with a shout of a podium until I pitted because I didn't really understand tyre strategy or degregation; I basically did what Jeff said and we know that Jeff talks twaddle.

Brazil - man i love that track and I was 4th in the time trial (a PB for me). I was really confident of being in the top 5 with my race pace, had qualified on mediums and then was involved in an accident.

There were some really quick guys comparative to others, but you will always have that. As the bottom league, i guess the skill range from top to bottom was probably larger then the others. My main thoughts come down to race etiquette and how some drivers are quick to report to stewards, yet keep quiet when they do something wrong. One of the big offenders left the league though :)

Yes because i didnt have any! I turned up without really knowing the vast majority of tracks, didn't care about vehicle tuning, tyre management or strategy. i just wanted to be part of an organised online race and have some fun.

I want to beat @GOCAS ;-)
If i am anywhere near @Taraku24 and @Jess95 I will be happy.

Next season i need some stable hardware - my clubsport 2 pedals max / min and deadzone changed everytime they were plugged in and i had so many ingame profiles to accomodate. It wasnt till I switched to my old thrustmnaster pedals for Italy that I could start to practice with settings that didnt change. I have new load cells now and next to find a proper hydraulic shock to replace the stock one (that is pants).

In May i am getting new prosthetics to help me drive - maybe they will be better then my old prosthetic will see (a new arm counts as hardware, right??).

6 - only because i came in with no expectations but then you lot made me all competitive and I think i could of done much better if i had had that mindset from the start

Have really enjoyed the social side of things (thanks all - you know who you are).

simsoares

Formula Karter
Sep 9, 2018
abu dhabi p19-p5, spa my first victory and singapure when i started last and i finished second

I improve so much and now i m ready to fight for more wins i hope so xD
no

simsoares

Formula Karter
Sep 9, 2018

[/QUOTE]