PC - Single Car Thursday - Aston Martin Vantage GTE @ Hockenheim Classic GP Thursday 9/4-2020 7:30 PM UK Time | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Single Car Thursday - Aston Martin Vantage GTE @ Hockenheim Classic GP Thursday 9/4-2020 7:30 PM UK Time

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Just wanted to check, when the lobby opens at 7.30 is that for the qualifying or the practice?

I ask this as the practice is optional, so wasn't sure if that is a separate thing or not.
7:30 is for the practice start. Which means we can do the whole thing with one lobby so the qually starts at 8 :)

Reactions: Oto Winkler

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
Well, I've spent A LOT of time in this car during endurance league :D
Can you sign me up as "maybe"? I'm still having some steering wheel issues, I hope it's sorted now, but have to test it more ... I also got new set of pedals (went from thrustmaster T150 shitty pedals to this:
pedaly.jpg
so you should probably all stay away from me ... I'm not used to a loadcell brake yet :-D )

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Can you sign me up as "maybe"? I'm still having some steering wheel issues, I hope it's sorted now, but have to test it more ... I also got new set of pedals (went from thrustmaster T150 shitty pedals to this:
View attachment 108989
so you should probably all stay away from me ... I'm not used to a loadcell brake yet :-D )
No clutch pedal?! What is this heresy?!

• Happy

ApexMaibom

AOR XB1 GT3 S12 T3 Champion
Jan 13, 2019
Re
View attachment 108989
Really hope that your wheel will be on point for tonight mate (y)

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
With tonight's race, are we allowed to select a different tyre compound or is hard slicks all the way?

StephenCarry

AOR PC GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Jun 13, 2019
might not make tonights race. My sister wants to buy a car, and I'm going to support her. Probably.

fun story that is tbh...

car on sale for 10.900€, he said they would settle for 10.000€ and it would get a new "TÜV" (MOT test). Then sends a mail "10.800€ with guarantee". I told her to say that 100€ discount from a 2.000-employee-company is a bit audacious, to ask him what sort of guarantee would be on top of the legal warranty and that they wanted to settle on 10.000€ incl. TÜV - which was already a deal made.

He then replies "this is the lowest we can go, frankly we know more about calculations than you do. I have another customer coming, so if he says yes the car is gone."

Soooo... either way she's getting a new car for 10.000€ or I am going to literally punch an arsehole in the face.

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
might not make tonights race. My sister wants to buy a car, and I'm going to support her. Probably.

fun story that is tbh...

car on sale for 10.900€, he said they would settle for 10.000€ and it would get a new "TÜV" (MOT test). Then sends a mail "10.800€ with guarantee". I told her to say that 100€ discount from a 2.000-employee-company is a bit audacious, to ask him what sort of guarantee would be on top of the legal warranty and that they wanted to settle on 10.000€ incl. TÜV - which was already a deal made.

He then replies "this is the lowest we can go, frankly we know more about calculations than you do. I have another customer coming, so if he says yes the car is gone."

Soooo... either way she's getting a new car for 10.000€ or I am going to literally punch an arsehole in the face.
So if we don't see you on track in a few days, we know you've knocked someone out and is waiting to post bail :LOL:

• Clever
Reactions: StephenCarry

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
There might not be any practice hosted by me since my grandpa just decided he wanted help with setting up his Skype. You have no idea how hard that is to do over the phone plus he is running a much older version of Skype than me o_O

Steve Allan

F1 Reserve Driver
May 12, 2019
There might not be any practice hosted by me since my grandpa just decided he wanted help with setting up his Skype. You have no idea how hard that is to do over the phone plus he is running a much older version of Skype than me o_O
I know how you feel. Since I'm the "computer whizz" in the family I had to try and work on an uncle's computer once via a phone call, and when he eventually took me to see if I could do it in person, it was this old bleached plastic tower running windows 98. Then when he decided to get an iPad a year later, he couldn't understand how to set it up and once again another phone call and another hour or so of beating my head against the wall until he brought it over and did it in minutes.

Since then if mum answers the phone she tells him I've left the country lol