PC - Social European Le Mans Series | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Social European Le Mans Series

Interested in a European Le Mans Series social series?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No can do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might do some races

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hey guys. As mentioned on the P Cars Discord chat, I'd love to setup a social series replicating the European Le Mans Series.

I say social, as obviously not everyone is going to want to commit to this, but I thought it would be a bit of fun anyhow. Plus, it means people can drop in or out as they wish.

Unfortunately, this will just be on PC for now, unless we gain sufficient interest and we have coordinators available for other platforms.

The poll
Please let me know if you're interested by voting in the poll. That way, I can gauge numbers and see if this is worth doing or not.

The cars
LMP2 and GTE. So anything from a Ligier JS P2 to a Ferrari 488 GTE, etc.

The calendar
Edit: I'm going to base this off the original 2020 calendar for the ELMS (not the revised version). However, Paul Ricard (Le Castellet) will have to be replaced with something else, as that track isn't on the game.

Each round will be monthly - so 1 race per month, probably on a Saturday or Sunday night.

Proposed calendar:
  1. APR 25 - Barcelona-Catalunya
  2. MAY 23 - Monza
  3. JUN 27 - Nurburgring (to replace Paul Ricard)
  4. JUL 25 - Silverstone
  5. AUG 22 - Spa-Francorchamps
  6. SEP 26 - Algarve (Portimao)

Session format
Qualifying: 15 mins per class
Race: 2 hours

Obviously the real life ELMS races are. 4 hours long, but that's a bit excessive for this kind of stuff, so I think 50% race distance should be good enough.

Championship
Whilst the idea is purely for fun and people are obviously welcome to join whichever races they can, I'm still thinking of holding a points-based championship for those who wish to attend most / all races. That way, you all have a shot of being rewarded for your efforts, as well as the chance of becoming the champion of Europe :)

Last edited:

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
for the ps4 side, we wouldn't get the interest and multi-class doesn't really work with only 16 in the lobby - we proved this with season 3 endurance, loads of dropouts and very boring races

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Well this sounds an awful lot like another social league I know of xD
Nevertheless, if you can get the numbers for it you're more than welcome to do it. I'd probably take part as well :p
Haha, yeah I got the idea from Eike, but I wanted to focus more on ELMS rather than the 24H Series.

And that would be great if you could take part. Hopefully we get the numbers.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
for the ps4 side, we wouldn't get the interest and multi-class doesn't really work with only 16 in the lobby - we proved this with season 3 endurance, loads of dropouts and very boring races
Yeah unfortunately I'm not sure how this would work for consoles, so just thinking of PC for the time being. Maybe in the future we can look into getting consoles onboard.

Steve Allan

F1 2nd Driver
May 12, 2019
I would be interested in this, maybe we could have this to tie in with the other social event (so the one that Eike does one Saturday, then this the next one)

well with what’s going on in the world at the moment this could be a good way to pass the time, cause most pubs and clubs are shut at the moment lol...

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I would be interested in this, maybe we could have this to tie in with the other social event (so the one that Eike does one Saturday, then this the next one)

well with what’s going on in the world at the moment this could be a good way to pass the time, cause most pubs and clubs are shut at the moment lol...
That's the plan ;)

Reactions: Steve Allan