PC - Social IndyCar League | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Social IndyCar League

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Interested in a IndyCar League?

• I am not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colossus

Formula Karter
Jun 23, 2017
Hello Guys. I want to organize a little IndyCar League as a Series of Community Events and I want to know if there is an interest in the AOR Community.

We would use Ovals and Road Courses a possible Schedule could look like this:

1. Texas Oval
2. Indy Road Course
3. Indy 500
4. Road America
5. Laguna Seca
6. Willow Springs

The Races would be on Monday evening every second week.

Race Format:
Qualifying: 15-20 minutes
Race: 60 minutes in laps with a mandatory pitstop

It would be nice if everybody can vote in the poll because then I can see if there is enough interest in this championship.

If there are questions just ask them below.

Last edited:

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Could probably join in for as many of these as I could, but Open wheelers are really not my thing. and wouldn't be spending a lot of time practicing...
Perhaps if it was a locked default thing, it should produce closer racing, since a good setup v bad setup on aero cars can make a massive difference in lap times.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Well it's certainly nice to see people taking some initiative to get some racing series in action. But I have a feeling you may be underestimating how much organisation goes into ESPECIALLY the oval races. You wanna have a safety car available, as oval racing is just plain chaos without it. But that means that at least 1 guy will need to sit in the safety car for the entirety of the race. And who gets to decide if a situation is FCY or not? Would we also need to have someone spectating and calling that out? Unfortunately oval racing is really poorly implemented in this game and it takes a lot of effort to get it working properly.
Road racing is another thing and would work just fine. But it's the oval races I'm concerned about.

Other than that, if you are up for the task of getting those oval races working properly, I would definitely be interested to take part. How many races I take part in purely depends on what happens in the future and if it fits into my schedule

Colossus

Formula Karter
Jun 23, 2017
Could probably join in for as many of these as I could, but Open wheelers are really not my thing. and wouldn't be spending a lot of time practicing...
Perhaps if it was a locked default thing, it should produce closer racing, since a good setup v bad setup on aero cars can make a massive difference in lap times.
Thanks for the thought. It's probably better to have a default setup for the League because the IndyCar League should be more of a fun league with nice cars. I'll change the rule to default setups.

Reactions: kit462

Colossus

Formula Karter
Jun 23, 2017
Well it's certainly nice to see people taking some initiative to get some racing series in action. But I have a feeling you may be underestimating how much organisation goes into ESPECIALLY the oval races. You wanna have a safety car available, as oval racing is just plain chaos without it. But that means that at least 1 guy will need to sit in the safety car for the entirety of the race. And who gets to decide if a situation is FCY or not? Would we also need to have someone spectating and calling that out? Unfortunately oval racing is really poorly implemented in this game and it takes a lot of effort to get it working properly.
Road racing is another thing and would work just fine. But it's the oval races I'm concerned about.

Other than that, if you are up for the task of getting those oval races working properly, I would definitely be interested to take part. How many races I take part in purely depends on what happens in the future and if it fits into my schedule
That's also an interesting thought. I'll try to get a safety car driver for the Oval Races but it will be hard to get one. I could also jump in as one if there is no one available.

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
That's also an interesting thought. I'll try to get a safety car driver for the Oval Races but it will be hard to get one. I could also jump in as one if there is no one available.
It can be done without it, but it takes one big incident and the field will be spread all over the track. Imo oval racing is all about racing closely with other cars at all times, not being 3-4 laps down because you had an incident. The SC just helps to get the field back together again.
Alternatively, maybe some sort of system can be used that when FCY is called, the driver in first place just comes off the throttle and goes to a set speed (130 KPH for example). Then once the field is back together, the driver in first place is free to start the race again by going full throttle