PC - Social World Endurance Championship - Round 1 Silverstone - June 6 19:00 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Social World Endurance Championship - Round 1 Silverstone - June 6 19:00

Zenzic

Semi-Pro Karter
May 17, 2020
I was in P2 GTE on track.

Out of interest: Yogurc's delta to P1 was +9 seconds compared to me. There was a penalty next to his name. How would that have translated to the final standings after the race? Just to be clear, I'm not trying to claim P1 GTE here, he's clearly much faster than me. :)

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Tony Clifton

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Points are up everyone! :)

Thank you to everyone who attended and thanks for all being honest with your finishing positions. I checked these against my stream and they do indeed appear to be correct. (y)

A shame about the disconnection, but that's the way it goes sometimes. At least we got 75% of the race done, so that's pretty good.

Congrats to @Allen for the LMP1 win (thanks to Andrex forfeiting) and to @jogurc for the GTE win!

See you all next month for round 2 at Road America. In the meantime though, feel free to join my European Le Mans Series at Nurburgring on June 27! :D

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
I was in P2 GTE on track.

Out of interest: Yogurc's delta to P1 was +9 seconds compared to me. There was a penalty next to his name. How would that have translated to the final standings after the race? Just to be clear, I'm not trying to claim P1 GTE here, he's clearly much faster than me. :)
Unfortunately I wasn't able to check the penalties. I wasn't able to see that on my stream and, as we all disconnected, I didn't get to see any results.

Knowing @jogurc with his alien pace, I'm sure he would have won anyway - not that I'm saying you're slow, you did well to get P2 :)

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
GTE P3

(But only because I had an incredible bad luck with LMPs...)
To be honest, there were quite a few issues with the GTE's that weren't sticking to their lines and a few occasions where they were swerving around a bit making it difficult for the LMP1's to predict where they were going to go.

Myself, Andrex a few others called this out several times.

It wasn't a major issue, but it did become a bit of a recurring theme throughout the race.

jogurc

Formula 4 Test Driver
Jan 4, 2020
Unfortunately I wasn't able to check the penalties. I wasn't able to see that on my stream and, as we all disconnected, I didn't get to see any results.

Knowing @jogurc with his alien pace, I'm sure he would have won anyway - not that I'm saying you're slow, you did well to get P2 :)
I had a 2 second penalty and was saving fuel for the last 10-15 laps of the race so already was 2-3 seconds slower than my true pace. So i think i definitely got it in the bag ;)

Zenzic

Semi-Pro Karter
May 17, 2020
there were quite a few issues with the GTE's that weren't sticking to their lines
To be fair, there were more than a few times where an LMP1 dove to the inside when I was about to turn in. Something like that happened early in the race in turn 1 to Tony Clifton too. LMP1 took up the apex, Tony couldn't turn in and had to brake hard to stay on track, I had to swerve toward the apex and almost hit Allen or Andrex who was behind me. Later on I was overtaken through the esses. But I realize not every overtake is easy to judge in a split second, so it's all good. (y)

Things got hectic at some points too: conversations on discord, combined with Crewchief simultaneously giving updates, while being on the tail of a GTE, while having to look out for LMP1's who were coming up fast... We had our work cut out for us.

I'm not at all annoyed here and I really enjoyed this race. Just pointing out it got quite busy for GTE's at times and I'm sure everyone did their best. :)

@mikegeerlings I think you were the one who made a remark about me not warning you I was going for the pit lane. I prefer not to use my mic as I don't want to wake anyone up late at night. If there's any other signal I could give to warn, let me know.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Clifton

Legion1183

Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2020
Thanks for the race everyone and to those who organised it, a shame we got disconnected but it was fun nonetheless :)

@ATOMiK029 I didn't quite hear what was said at the end during the Discord discussion but there was mention of other car groups / classes such as Group A. Are these for other races that you guys have planned outside of this social championship?

Reactions: ATOMiK029

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Thanks for the race everyone and to those who organised it, a shame we got disconnected but it was fun nonetheless :)

@ATOMiK029 I didn't quite hear what was said at the end during the Discord discussion but there was mention of other car groups / classes such as Group A. Are these for other races that you guys have planned outside of this social championship?

There is another endurance championship created by Eike. The next round, linked above, features Track Day A and Group A cars - so a bit different to the WEC and ELMS stuff that I host.

Reactions: Legion1183

Legion1183

Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2020

There is another endurance championship created by Eike. The next round, linked above, features Track Day A and Group A cars - so a bit different to the WEC and ELMS stuff that I host.
Got it, cheers!

Reactions: ATOMiK029

Mewkaqt

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 14, 2020
yep i got myself one incident with @ATOMiK029 when i tried to give you space (since i stopped you like 3 times already on that slalom) , u didnt go and i was already outside the racing line so couldn't get back on it, but happily we didnt have any contact so i guess thats okay.

Sorry @inkychris , my rear tyre hit the apex and i lost it and hitting you because of that.

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
yep i got myself one incident with @ATOMiK029 when i tried to give you space (since i stopped you like 3 times already on that slalom) , u didnt go and i was already outside the racing line so couldn't get back on it, but happily we didnt have any contact so i guess thats okay.

Sorry @inkychris , my rear tyre hit the apex and i lost it and hitting you because of that.
Yeah sorry about that, I wasn't quite sure what you were doing and didn't realise you were leaving me space. I was quite happy to sit behind until the straight, but thanks for trying to let me go though :)

• Winner
Reactions: Mewkaqt

ATOMiK029

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hey everyone, round 2 of the WEC is now up! :)