Standing down | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Standing down

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

King-kodiak

Loud, Round & Proud
AOR Commentator
May 10, 2016
Hello all

Some of you know this, but this is my public announcement that, as of the end of the current F1 2019 season, which has its final its final race on the 2nd of February 2020, I will be standing down as AORs Head Commentator. This has been discussed behind the scenes for a while, and the duties will be handed back to specific coordinators within each league. For the last 2 years of my time here at AOR, I've done my best to regulate the commentary standards, raise the bar for the broadcast but also provide a stable platform for new and current commentators to shine, as well as give a mechanism for feedback to and from the commentators. I played my part, but the commentators all did a great job and raising the standard to new heights, however the time has come for me to stand back from the role. My children both have needs that are taking more of my time the older they get, and I am also looking into getting real life commentary opportunities, I've already backed off my AOR commentaries to the iRacing leagues at present, and I will not stop commentating whilst I have the ability to continue, but as far as managing the commentators, thats going back to the cods.

I want to thank everyone who has given me support and encouragement since taking on the role, its all appreciated, and I have no doubt that AOR will continue to grow and progress in the right way. I'm glad I've been able to contribute to commentary side, and hope to continue to commentate for AOR for year to come.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Good luck my friend. Excellent colleague, tireless worker and genuinely one of the nicest people I know. Always kind, always up for a laugh and turned up even when times were grim.

Glad to hear the real-life commentary is coming up for you too.

Enjoy your extra time @King-kodiak

• Friendly
Reactions: King-kodiak