Street Stock/Truck Series Intrest Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Street Stock/Truck Series Intrest Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Road courses

• Total voters

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
So with a bit of discussions about having a free league for new drivers, what better than to drive the street stock, the beginner oval car and the trucks for Daytona.

I've raced a lot in these cars already, and they provide VERY close racing, my last race had the top 10 pretty much all together for the entire race. AOR has never really had a NASCAR or oval league(minus the IndyCar leagues of course) so why not add something different rather than another open wheeler series.

I feel though that we should allocate the truck series for Daytona, because the street stocks would take forever to lap around the superspeedway and the trucks are all in all just better suited.

Tracks will all have to be free. We can decide to do road courses or not as well.

My proposed calendar
Daytona(Trucks)
Charlotte
Michigan
USA Speedway
Pocono
Charlotte Roval
Charlotte 2016

these tracks are open and will allow pack racing. USA is there so theres a short track, which I don't think would be that exciting having a short track over and over. Speedways are much more fun.

IAteAGnomeOnce

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2018
A street stock series should be on mostly short tracks and maybe two or more normal ovals, you can also go with the Whelen or Modified SK car for a short track style series. Trucks should definitely use a mix between short track, ovals, superspeedways and a road course. I would personally love see AOR do some sort of oval racing as the racing is super close and you could potentially have a different winner every week and it's also a lot of fun. You also have IndyCar as a potential mixed series with both road courses and ovals which I think would most likely be the most plausible way of getting some sort of oval racing in AOR.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
A street stock series should be on mostly short tracks and maybe two or more normal ovals, you can also go with the Whelen or Modified SK car for a short track style series. Trucks should definitely use a mix between short track, ovals, superspeedways and a road course. I would personally love see AOR do some sort of oval racing as the racing is super close and you could potentially have a different winner every week and it's also a lot of fun. You also have IndyCar as a potential mixed series with both road courses and ovals which I think would most likely be the most plausible way of getting some sort of oval racing in AOR.
I'd prefer normal ovals.
Short tracks just don't produce that much racing whilst proper ovals provide lead changes left right and centre.

I want to make it all free content, so not whelens unfortunately

Seca

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 15, 2016
I’d be interested depending on the time the races will be held.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
I was wondering what people would think, mainly due to a lack of tracks, of the following:
Weeks 1,3,5,7,9,11 - Street Stock Series
Weeks 2,4,6,8,10,12 - MX5 Series

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Feb 28, 2018
I'd love to see some slower beginner friendly racing happening here at AOR.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
@Stevie Seems people are interested.
Something to look out for in the future?
I won't be running it personally, however find a suitable candidate to run a league and anything is possible. I'd also encourage test races first.

washy03

Reigning S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I’d be open to be involved in helping get an oval league off the ground, if there’s enough interest...

IAteAGnomeOnce

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2018
I would love to race in a oval league but tbh I don't think either the Street Stock or the 2013 truck would bring in enough interest. On top of that running it only on free content limits the amount of tracks down heavily. A prefered oval league would either run one of the big NASCAR series, those being Monster Energy Cup, Xfinity or Gander Outdoors Truck series, or running a mixed road course/oval series with the IR18 Indycar. I can agree that a "grass roots" style series has the potential for great racing however I don't think that you could make one with only free content. And I don't think the interest for oval racing is high enough to warrant a seperate league at AOR to begin with and one running the free cars would probably garner even less attention.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be overly negative or beat anyone down, I'm just being realistic. Most people that start oval racing in iRacing do it because they want to race NASCAR and maybe to a lesser extent Indycar. Yes you will find people racing Street Stocks even after they've advanced out of Rookies and C license but the majority of people race oval for the NASCAR content and that would with out a doubt be the best setup for a oval leauge. I don't even think you can drive either the Street Stock or the 2013 Silverado on a road course without heavy setup work which most likely would scare away some people because it's cars they're not familiar with set up wise. Then comes the issue with the race lenghts. A Street Stock series would have to run on mostly short tracks, which I mentioned in my first post, and that would mean A LOT of laps to fill a 1 hour race timeslot which AOR tends to favor. On top of that short tracks will have a big problem with the field dispersing quickly and the leaders will have to deal with a lot of lapped traffic and it will be quite chaotic for potential commentators to keep track of where abouts drivers are. Thing is that most of these issues would be neglected if the leauge ran on bigger tracks as lapping traffic wouldn't happen as often, let's just say that it's easier to be decently quick on a super speedway compared to a short track, and a potential FCY will bunch up the field enough to make for close pack racing.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pretender

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
I would love to race in a oval league but tbh I don't think either the Street Stock or the 2013 truck would bring in enough interest. On top of that running it only on free content limits the amount of tracks down heavily. A prefered oval league would either run one of the big NASCAR series, those being Monster Energy Cup, Xfinity or Gander Outdoors Truck series, or running a mixed road course/oval series with the IR18 Indycar. I can agree that a "grass roots" style series has the potential for great racing however I don't think that you could make one with only free content. And I don't think the interest for oval racing is high enough to warrant a seperate league at AOR to begin with and one running the free cars would probably garner even less attention.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be overly negative or beat anyone down, I'm just being realistic. Most people that start oval racing in iRacing do it because they want to race NASCAR and maybe to a lesser extent Indycar. Yes you will find people racing Street Stocks even after they've advanced out of Rookies and C license but the majority of people race oval for the NASCAR content and that would with out a doubt be the best setup for a oval leauge. I don't even think you can drive either the Street Stock or the 2013 Silverado on a road course without heavy setup work which most likely would scare away some people because it's cars they're not familiar with set up wise. Then comes the issue with the race lenghts. A Street Stock series would have to run on mostly short tracks, which I mentioned in my first post, and that would mean A LOT of laps to fill a 1 hour race timeslot which AOR tends to favor. On top of that short tracks will have a big problem with the field dispersing quickly and the leaders will have to deal with a lot of lapped traffic and it will be quite chaotic for potential commentators to keep track of where abouts drivers are. Thing is that most of these issues would be neglected if the leauge ran on bigger tracks as lapping traffic wouldn't happen as often, let's just say that it's easier to be decently quick on a super speedway compared to a short track, and a potential FCY will bunch up the field enough to make for close pack racing.
Speedways are exactly what im planning on doing. Short track are just plain boring imo.