Suggestion for future series | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Suggestion for future series

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Gents,
Since with the potential broadcast we have lost the Pro Am tag before a names, I wonder if it might be worth doing like DGFX (and WEC etc) where drivers numbers are prefixed.
So if your a Pro and want number 12, you are car 112
Pro/Am would be 212
Am would be 312

Just makes it easier to know who you are racing is all....

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Gents,
Since with the potential broadcast we have lost the Pro Am tag before a names, I wonder if it might be worth doing like DGFX (and WEC etc) where drivers numbers are prefixed.
So if your a Pro and want number 12, you are car 112
Pro/Am would be 212
Am would be 312

Just makes it easier to know who you are racing is all....
Thanks for the idea!
Yes, we talked about something similar before the season (@Stevie @Marvin) and we can revisit the idea for S5.
Personally, I wouldn't want to change car numbers mid season.

Reactions: Phil Bedford

Phil Bedford

AOR iRacing GTE S4 AM Champion
Mar 18, 2017
Yep, totally agree not mid-season, especially since some cars already have 3 figure
numbers

McPhilen

iRacing Leagues Main Overseer
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I suppose that's the only limitation with the idea. Some people really like running 3 digit numbers and can be relatively attached to them.

Also, would this technically mean 3 drivers of differing tier could sign-up with the same number? Like in the example given, you could have all 112, 212 and 312.

Personally whilst it wouldn't stop me racing for such a small thing (it really is a small thing), but I prefer being able to run my own number. Granted, I already know what number I'd sign up with next season if this did go ahead.

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
We basically would limit driver numbers to between 00 and 99. It wouldn't be any different, you just wouldn't get a choice in the number at the front.

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Slight change to it:
I think that 0-99 should be PRO,100-199 should be PRO-AM and 200-299 should be AM

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Slight change to it:
I think that 0-99 should be PRO,100-199 should be PRO-AM and 200-299 should be AM
Also, would this technically mean 3 drivers of differing tier could sign-up with the same number? Like in the example given, you could have all 112, 212 and 312.
We basically would limit driver numbers to between 00 and 99. It wouldn't be any different, you just wouldn't get a choice in the number at the front.

Last edited:

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
or just downloaded skin pack then you can see the PRO or PRO/AM logo on the back ;)
I know where you are all coming from, i would just personally hate to loose my Number, as that is the number i have had in all the AOR Leagues i have been driving in, and as you can se on my pick, it is also in my helmets design ;)
But yea 00-99 PRO and that would make it easier for os drivers, but on the overlay they can already see what class you are in