Sunday Formula B - Round 1 @ Catalunya [14/06 8.30pm] | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Sunday Formula B - Round 1 @ Catalunya [14/06 8.30pm]

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
One more clarification. Max starting fuel is 30 litres. If I've done my maths then that isn't enough to finish the race so you're forcing pit stop strategy. Very good. But is 30 litres the max allowed in the tank at all times? Otherwise someone could choose to stop on lap 1 and fill up to 60 litres, say. Or is that allowed?

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
One more clarification. Max starting fuel is 30 litres. If I've done my maths then that isn't enough to finish the race so you're forcing pit stop strategy. Very good. But is 30 litres the max allowed in the tank at all times? Otherwise someone could choose to stop on lap 1 and fill up to 60 litres, say. Or is that allowed?
Yeah it's simply to force a stop, when we did the original Brno social I stopped for fuel and someone else didn't. It occurred to me the advantage of not taking on fuel.

So it's just a maximum allowed to start the race with nothing more, you can start with 30 and go long or 10 for example and go short for the stop.

Hopefully it'll add a little spice and strategy :)

Coops

Formula Karter
May 20, 2015
Ok sorry for being a massive tool but I'm back from the family do.. Im available for the race if a reserve hasn't stepped in?

Reactions: Rug

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Yeah it's simply to force a stop, when we did the original Brno social I stopped for fuel and someone else didn't. It occurred to me the advantage of not taking on fuel.

So it's just a maximum allowed to start the race with nothing more, you can start with 30 and go long or 10 for example and go short for the stop.

Hopefully it'll add a little spice and strategy :)
Cool. I've ben playing around with the tyres (don't get a choice in FC). Are the white Yiro's meant to be softer and faster? The main thing I've noticed so far is the Yiros and Farettis have massively different operating temperatures. I set tyre pressures to be ok for the Yiros then they instantly overheated when switched to the Farettis!!!

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Cool. I've ben playing around with the tyres (don't get a choice in FC). Are the white Yiro's meant to be softer and faster? The main thing I've noticed so far is the Yiros and Farettis have massively different operating temperatures. I set tyre pressures to be ok for the Yiros then they instantly overheated when switched to the Farettis!!!
Go with the yiro, the yellows are shite

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
I swear the car handles differently since the patch, much more understeer. More likely that I just suck though

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I swear the car handles differently since the patch, much more understeer. More likely that I just suck though
Yoon a wheel or pad, I know the patch was doing stuff to wheels for FFB

iLeeRoy_x

F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2014
Wait iam confused xD @Rug what r the rules i know ur only allowed to change wing, tyres etc but whats this with the fuel?

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Yoon a wheel or pad, I know the patch was doing stuff to wheels for FFB
Pad, it seems like I can't turn in like I use to and it's changing the way I have to approach the chicane and the first couple corners. Losing about 8 tenths a lap there right now

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
Tried to reconnect the wheel and the game crashed!

Very annoying. Was on course for 3rd until that spin but was still going to be in the fight anyway and with fresh rubber.

Bah. Sorry that tapped Joker at turn 4. I broke really early and went in with a very tight tight line but the car must have drifted wide (although I wasn't trying to sweep to the left hand side and take all the road) but I had no idea he was still alongside me at that point.

Looks like pit stops are bugged then. But I just went in a single player race and made a pitstop and I could access the menu fine.

Coops

Formula Karter
May 20, 2015
Well I suck at the formula cars. So different to the GT3's. Spun out at least a dozen times. Couldn't get anywhere near you guys guys, duno if it's my setup or if I'm just really poor Haha

Rug

Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Really enjoyed the race, my benefit is that I don't have to practice the GT's and then switch to these.

After avoiding the couple of incidents on lap 1 and @Bcolt93 going sideways in the last sector, @Josh Clarke built a 10s gap by the time we pitted and was 22s clear by the time we'd passed everyone who stayed out longer.

Congratulations on the win.

Shame people git screwed over by the pit menu, I didn't touch it and had a red front left all race after the stop.

If people have concerns about continuing because of the issues could really do with knowing by the weekend, hopefully everyone wants to carry on.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
That was a lot of fun despite driving like a spaz. Quali was good for me, was a hundredth of a PB, could have gone faster but I'll take it. Start of the race was good, got a good release and took 2nd place from 4th. Had a lot of fun racing with Biggzy, had a nice overtake around the outside of T1 which was the highlight of the race for me.

CragglesD

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 22, 2014
A workaround I guess is to just not touch the menu! I was planning to ignore it but I had set my refuel level to 16 litres which meant having to go to the end of my starting 30 litres. But when I span from the lead I wanted to pit early (still had 8l left) to try and undercut Joker and others, who were just a couple of seconds ahead. But I knew I wouldn't be given enough fuel to get to the end of the race so gambled that the menu would work so I could increase the refill level. It didn't. :(

iJokeri22

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Was really struggling in practice with the setup compared to my fully customised setup last night I was 2.5 seconds slower. Managed to hook it all together in qualifying though to go just 0.3 slower on a 26.6.

Race: Started 3rd and made a great start was up to 2nd and would have been 1st but turn 1 came to quickly, turned in to turn 1 and got a bump from I think @Bcolt93 which pushed me across turn 2 rejoined alongside @CragglesD we went round turn 3 side by side then at turn 4 Craggles appeared to run wide and we got stuck together dropping us both to the back of the field I then had another half spin trying to pass someone in the final sector.

Had a good fight with Bcolt and Biggzy for a few laps until they had a coming together which let me through to try and hunt down Craggles. The gap was staying around 7 seconds until Leeroy had a spin and rejoined a few seconds ahead so I lost touch with the gap to Craggles. The leader then pitted and came out behind me he caught up on fresh tyres but was unable to get past despite having a good run down the pitstraight for a few laps. Craggles then spun and I pitted lap 17 and was just 1 second behind Leeroy until we caught Biggzy and his AI controlled car which cost me 5 seconds and a chance at a podium. After that I just drove to the end in 4th setting my fastest lap along the way.

Think I enjoyed this more then the actually league race @Rug probably because damage was off so you could actually fight people had it been on me and Craggles would have both been out of the race at Turn 4.

Lap 1 incidents.

clarky_110

F1 1st Driver
Jun 7, 2015
Didnt expect that

think i could of gone faster in qualy but spun on last couple of corners on faster lap.

Start of the race i had a bad get away as i didnt want to jump start and then could control the wheel spin well enough. dropped down into 5th i think and then gained positions up to first from the mistakes of others. then just drove consistenly till the end and only had some racing with others when i cam out the pit behind Leeroy i think it was. every time i pulled out the slip stream to overtake, he pulled away. After He pitted i just drove alone to the finish. Think my T300 made it alot easier for me to drive consistenly, no mistakes made. i had fun and hope the league continues.

Bcolt93

F1 Senna Equivalent
Oct 24, 2014
Sorry @iJokeri22 i didn't think I touched you into T1, I tried to stay as close as possible to the curb and didn't feel anything