Super Formula | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Super Formula

SUPER GT (Gr.2) OR SUPER FORMULA for season 6?

• SUPER GT (Gr.2)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • SUPER FORMULA

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016

Tomorrow We should be getting the two Super Formula cars, so We were wondering how the interest is in running a series with them?

Super Formula

The series is thought to run "on the side" of everything else and to "sort" follow the real life series:
Round
Circuit
Date
1Suzuka Circuit20 April21 April
2Autopolis18 May19 May
3Sportsland SUGO22 June23 June
4Fuji Speedway13 July14 July
5Twin Ring Motegi17 August18 August
6Okayama International Circuit28 September29 September
7Suzuka Circuit26 October-27 October

We'll of cause have to replace the tracks We don't have atm., with what We have. More on that later.

We'll also setup a vote, on what day of the week it should run. The only thing We know is, it will not be Thursday.

EVR Matt212

1 Time XB1 Rookie League & Christmas Cup Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
May 5, 2015
depending on my work rota id be down :)

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
Well looking at that calendar if you were to try copy it then you will have 3 spaces on the calendar:

1. Suzuka
  2. Autopolis
  3. ?
  4. Fuji
  5. ?
  6. ?
  7. Suzuka

2 things I would suggest, that real world tracks are used for the open spaces on the calendar, and maybe replace one of the Suzuka rounds, as racing at it twice in 7 races seems a tad excessive in my opinion.

Reactions: GKRT_PinkiiBoii

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
Maybe we need another poll, preferential choice to help the coords decide xP

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
That is if they don’t already have an idea in mind regarding the calendar

Ashracer2011

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I'd like to avoid repeating tracks just for the sake of more variety, I feel in the situation we are without a number of the real super formula tracks, we should make use of some good alternatives on the game. Also I think for the interest of maybe having some super closer racing we could run a short circuit in the season such as the shorter redbull ring instead of the full version, which potentially could produce some interestingly close racing.

Also I think its possibly important to give the chance for a new track release to be implemented, as there is a chance Spa or Montegi could be in an update in the coming months.

1. Suzuka
  2. Autopolis
  3. Monza - With Chicane
  4. Fuji Speedway (shorter - without the chicane)
  5. Redbull Ring
  6. Barcelona - Circuit De Catalunya
  7. Suzuka - East course (or reserve this as a potential "New Track")
Thats my 5 cents, I'd just like to see an interesting calendar with some hard tracks but also a good mix of race friendly tracks, by which I mean the ability to have lots of people close on the pace such as Barcelona in the Redbull Junior's as we had a very small gap between most of the grid.

Last edited:

GKRT_PinkiiBoii

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Oct 8, 2018
I'd like to avoid repeating tracks just for the sake of more variety, I feel in the situation we are without a number of the real super formula tracks, we should make use of some good alternatives on the game. Also I think for the interest of maybe having some super closer racing we could run a short circuit in the season such as the shorter redbull ring instead of the full version, which potentially could produce some interestingly close racing.

Also I think its possibly important to give the chance for a new track release to be implemented, as there is a chance Spa or Montegi could be in an update in the coming months.

1. Suzuka
  2. Autopolis
  3. Monza - With Chicane
  4. Fuji Speedway (shorter - without the chicane)
  5. Redbull Ring
  6. Barcelona - Circuit De Catalunya
  7. Suzuka - East course (or reserve this as a potential "New Track")
Thats my 5 cents, I'd just like to see an interesting calendar with some hard tracks but also a good mix of race friendly tracks, by which I mean the ability to have lots of people close on the pace such as Barcelona in the Redbull Junior's as we had a very small gap between most of the grid.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH...Not Catalunya </3 I don't need to go to the stewards 3 times on the one track XD
In all seriousness though, I think that sounds like a good mix. Although if it were me, I'd keep the chicaine at Fuji and instead of Suzuka East maybe Nurburgring GP or Brands Hatch as much as I'd like to do Suzuka twice for the authenticity I think that if it's not the full course we should pick another track (just my opinion though I like the look of your ideal calendar). This is obviously providing that PD don't add more SF tracks.

1. Suzuka
  2. Autopolis
  3. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  4. Fuji Speedway
  5. Nurburgring GP
  6. Red Bull Ring
  7. Monza
Also I've split up the tracks with Chicaines, too big a risk of the stewards having a headache two weeks in a row if I miss my braking point ;)

Reactions: Ashracer2011

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
This is the tracks We are currently talking about (just for Tubby) :ROFLMAO::
  1. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  2. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  3. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  4. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
  5. Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya