Closed T2 - R3 - Lap 12 // Outbraking Incident with @kapo (Incident 2)

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Simpson

AOR ACC S4 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 31, 2020
United Kingdom
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 2, Round 3
League Coordinator: @krop
Date: 29/09/20
Members Involved: Myself and @Kapo
Description: Out-brakes himself going into T1 again. This incident cost me another 5secs of damage, making it now 10secs of damage which made the car extremely difficult to drive.
Evidence:

Kapo

AOR PC GT3 S11 Tier 2 Champion
Jun 6, 2018
Turkey
I didn't brake late here. He slowed way too much outside the racing line(at least its not a racing line on wet track) and I thought he will let me go this time... I had 10sec damage( total of 50secs) and cost me a lot of time..
I must say that its not cool to block faster car especially in a 90min race. Sadly, its not the same AOR it used to be.

Jack Simpson

AOR ACC S4 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 31, 2020
United Kingdom
I didn't brake late here. He slowed way too much outside the racing line(at least its not a racing line on wet track) and I thought he will let me go this time... I had 10sec damage( total of 50secs) and cost me a lot of time..
I must say that its not cool to block faster car especially in a 90min race. Sadly, its not the same AOR it used to be.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I was braking at the 100m and following the dry line into the corner as if I touched the curb my rear end would slide out. I would love to know how I was "blocking a faster car" when we were racing for position... It's a real shame what happened to you on lap 1 but I have no obligation to let you by just because you may be faster. I feel you could've taken a tighter line and probably secured the inside but I'm going to assume if you tried to turn more you might have lost the rear.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards concluded that @Kapo caused a moderate avoidable collision, therefore he'll receive a 15 point reduction on his race results and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@Kapo @Jack Simpson
@krop

Status
Not open for further replies.