T300 rs very loud fan noise

neonostra

F1 Reserve Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Nijmegen
www.youtube.com
Question:

My t300 is suddenly making a very loud scratching noise, wich I believe is the fan.
After I disconnect the wheel and connect it again ( a few times ) it dissapears.
My fan mode is always on.
For now it is still working through connect it again but for how long?
Anybody else had this problem and is there a solution to fix this or is this a sign that my wheel will die soon?

HaiCo

Super Mod & PC F1 / ACC League Runner
Staff member
Super Moderator
F1 Coordinator
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Leeuwarden, Netherlands
From my experience with T300s and T500s, the fan is often causing issues - but as long as it's just a strange noise, then there's nothing to worry about yet. If you know how to open up the wheel (check your warranty status though), you could do so and clean (or replace) the fan. Here's a video showing you all you need to know:

Please be very careful if you decide to open it up, it's easy to do something wrong.

Shurland George

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 23, 2020
Trinidad and Tobago
Question:

My t300 is suddenly making a very loud scratching noise, wich I believe is the fan.
After I disconnect the wheel and connect it again ( a few times ) it dissapears.
Anybody else had this problem and is there a solution to fix this or is this a sign that my wheel will die soon?
Worth a check to at least establish any problem. Fan and related parts may need cleaning or some thing may be loose etc.

Reactions: neonostra

NXGN_EnvoyXtreme

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 20, 2018
Bristol, UK
I had same with my t300 GTE. Swapped fan and solved the issue. Common fault on thrustmaster wheels and I run a lot of ffb as well

Reactions: neonostra

Steve Jackson

AOR Legend
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Goole, Yorkshire
Question:

Probably just the fan. Compressed air will clean it (case off). The Noctua is a solid replacement, ball bearing not sleeve bearing although there are cheaper lower power draw fans with equivalent or better CFM ratings on eBay. They may be louder as that is the ratio of RPM to blade attack angle.