Closed T4 - R6 - Lap 1 - Punt after T1 into T2

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugdual

Junior Karter
Aug 26, 2020
France
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 4 Round 6
League Coordinator: @Mali Baćo
Date: 27/10/2020
Members Involved: @Tugdual @jaycoool
Description:
Entering the second corner, the car in front of me brakes because of the other cars in front being slower. I do the same, in order to avoid a collision. The car behind me fails to notice that, and goes on the brakes at a point where it was too late for him to avoid me.

The collision forced me into an early pit stop for repairs, which pretty much nullified my race.

The involved driver apologized to me after the race and let me pass during the incident.

Evidence:

Last edited by a moderator:

jaycoool

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Feb 6, 2018
Belp
It happened so fast. It was a little bit of everything. My recollection:

- I got distracted after Turn 1 by Momann going off the track on the left side. As I take my view back on the car ahead, I quickly checked the radar and my position.
- Approaching Turn 2, I simply wasn't sharp enough and not ready to react to a possible incident ahead, like I'd had my head in the clouds for a few split seconds
- Playing the video at full speed, I would have had to hit brakes quite hard immediately when @Tugdual hit 'em to avoid him.
- The only thing in my defense is that this is normally a full speed section until the end of the curb on the left and suboptimal vision. I got caught by surprise, I was not trying anything funny or gain places or anything like that.
- I was clearly too late with my reaction and should have been much more cautious in Lap 1.
- I waited for him and let him pass, sending me all the way to the back of the field too

I'm really sorry for what happened there. I got no further evidence to add.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that @jaycoool is to blame for causing a moderate avoidable collision on the first lap of the race. By not reacting quick enough to what was going on in front, the other car spun and received damage.

@jaycoool will receive a 20 race results points reduction (including -5 for waiting) and 15 drivers license points (including 5 for it happening on lap 1).

Closed.
@Tugdual @jaycoool @Mali Baćo

• Informative
Reactions: Mali Baćo
Status
Not open for further replies.