T4-R7-Lap 2-Getting punted in last chicane by car #50 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

T4-R7-Lap 2-Getting punted in last chicane by car #50

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
ACC Tier + Round Number: T4 Round 7 (Zolder)
League Coordinator: @GIXXERosg @Artur "Jankes" Sobota
Date: March 24th 2020
Members Involved: @Daniel Monteiro
Description:
While minding my own business, having nobody that close behind me, I could brake on my usual braking point and take the corner to my likings. Then when I was halfway through the first part of the chicane, I got T-boned by a yellow car with number 50, which is @Daniel Monteiro . Due to this crash I got 6,5 seconds worth of damage and forced me to pit straight after the following lap. This sent me to the back of the pack, being lapped by the frontrunners, making me loose even more time because I had to let most of them by.
Evidence:
Replay:

Live stream (still processing at the time of creating this thread):

Xeonski

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
@Borderline
Your evidence doesn't meet the requirements for the stewards, please reupload your evidence to show these elements :
The following elements are required in the video:
● Cockpit and Chase point of view of the driver submitting the inquiry, recorded at normal speed
● Cockpit and Chase point of view of the driver who caused the incident, recorded at normal speed
● If you're sharing a long video, provide key time-stamps.
● Any additional point of view (track side, helicam etc.) can be added after the required elements.
We're missing your chase cam and the onboard cam of @Daniel Monteiro

The enquiry won't be moved until the evidence are corrected.

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
@Borderline
Your evidence doesn't meet the requirements for the stewards, please reupload your evidence to show these elements :

We're missing your chase cam and the onboard cam of @Daniel Monteiro

The enquiry won't be moved until the evidence are corrected.
It seems I still need to learn a few things here and there after racing in the F1 league for 4,5 seasons.

I just recorded another video, listed below, containing all the required views.

Daniel Monteiro

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2020
Yes of course.

First of all, I would like to say that my driving standards were very subpar and erratic during this whole race, and I apologize for that to all drivers for the issues I have caused.

That said, although this was one with big consequences, I was tapped on my left rear corner by the pink Aston Martin of @MrEmAych which distabilized my car under braking, and I was a passenger from that moment onwards. I apologized then, and I apologize now, but there was really nothing I could have done here to avoid this, although it might not look so from the footage.

And again, I know this race was not a good one in terms of racing standards from my side, and I deserve a few penalties that can (and should) be reported, so I take it if I get a penalty from this one, but in this specific one I really could not have avoided it.

Daniel Monteiro

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2020
Looking back again, I see that I had the option to totally get off the track to the left and completely cut the chicane, that way I would not have hit you. I didn't think and react fast enough to make that decision unfortunately.

It seems I still need to learn a few things here and there after racing in the F1 league for 4,5 seasons.

I just recorded another video, listed below, containing all the required views.

Is it just me, or did your last video have some problem when being uploaded? It is playing at around 1fps. Anyway, what I have explained can be seen on your very first video at 1:15

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2017
Looking back again, I see that I had the option to totally get off the track to the left and completely cut the chicane, that way I would not have hit you. I didn't think and react fast enough to make that decision unfortunately.

Is it just me, or did your last video have some problem when being uploaded? It is playing at around 1fps. Anyway, what I have explained can be seen on your very first video at 1:15
I will do another try created ng the video as I have a good idea what might have caused the low framerate.

I would like to add though that you weren't braking at all while you were being tapped on the rear, as I don't see your braking lights light up untill you almost hit me already.

Daniel Monteiro

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 23, 2020
I would like to add though that you weren't braking at all while you were being tapped on the rear, as I don't see your braking lights light up untill you almost hit me already.
You are right, I was not braking then because I was not yet at my brake marker when I got tapped. I can't even explain or justify what happened after that as it was so quick, but I most probably got out of phase for a brief moment trying to keep control of the car and by the time I started braking it was too late.

I am just pointing out that I have done much worse manoeuvres that were entirely my fault, but they have not been reported for some reason, and this one here was slightly out of my hands. But I take whatever penalty may come my way, no worries at all :)

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Just to add my pov on this as I have been mentioned. I don't believe the light tap caused this incident. The tap was a matake of mine, i thought I was clear the spotter and radar thing told me so. Might have been some lag as you did seem to be jumping around the track a little on my screen. However the incident is cause by the fact you missed your braking point by miles and then even after that attempted to take the apex of the corner which you were never going to make.

• Informative
Reactions: Xeonski and BDG_Geo

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
Status