Closed T8 - R3 - Lap 2 : The Bentley broke too late and crashed into me.

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomi0810

Semi-Pro Karter
Jun 28, 2020
Hungary
ACC Tier + Round Number: Tier 8 - Round 3
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: 29/09/2020
Members Involved:
car #10 : @tomi0810 and car #76 @saxondale76
Description : Car #76 broke late and ran into me and destroy my race. (sorry for the video quality)

evidence:

Last edited:

saxondale76

Formula 4 Test Driver
May 12, 2020
United Kingdom
@saxondale76 can we have your explanation on this please

From my POV I braked on my usual 100 mark as I always do/did in a straight line, he swings out to the left hand size moving on the braking line as he's braked and slowed down a lot in this manoeuvre then comes back across my path by which time I'm turning (as he turns into me) I'm still braking trying to avoid a collision.
I didn't really have a chance to avoid him once he'd swung left and then cut back in.
I was going to wait for him out of courtesy but saw a green Audi go past me so I thought he'd got going again. I realized afterwards it was a different Audi.

As for destroying his race, he still needed to serve a 30 second stop go which in total would have cost him over 60 seconds, I don't think I destroyed his race.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards concluded that @saxondale76 caused a moderate avoidable collision by failing to assess @tomi0810 braking point and his own speed and braking point.

Therefore, @saxondale76 will receive a 20 points reduction to be applied to his race results, and 10 penalty points on his AOR driver license.

@tomi0810 @saxondale76 @morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.