Closed T8 Round 2 T1 Lap1 Hit from Behind - car 736

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondale76

Formula Karter
May 12, 2020
United Kingdom
ACC Tier + Round Number: T8 R2
League Coordinator: @morphee7
Date: 22 09 2020
Members Involved: @saxondale76 (#76) @MauritzOsim
(#736)
Description: At the green flag I am hit from behind by car 736 who should have also been taking turn 1 easy as per the briefing a few minutes earlier on a wet track. Vid contains all required angles @morphee7

Last edited:

MauritzOsim

Junior Karter
Aug 29, 2020
South Africa
we dont need any video evidence from you, only an explanation of what happened from your side
I have reviewed all of the replays and here is my side of the incident.

After the race started I immediately went to the left as there was space because morphee got an excellent start. I followed cautiously into the first corner. @saxondale was also coming across and I was behind him. I saw him coming off the brakes in the first corner and I released mine as well, assuming we were good and going through T1 him ahead and me following. He immediately reapplied them I applied mine as well, but it was to late to avoid him. From my point of view it looked as if he was squeezing me out of space. I have looked at the replays and seen this was not the case as there was a car and a incident on his outside as well.

I really did not go for that overtake I was content with staying behind him through the first few corners. It was just the brakes that threw me off.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
AOR
www.fia.com
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that @MauritzOsim is to blame for causing a collision, but due to circumstances he will receive a reduced penalty.

As the driver behind it is your responsibility to make sure no contact with the car in front is made. However, in this situation @saxondale76 did a couple of unexpected moves and pedal inputs. Therefore the stewards have decided to give @MauritzOsim a reduced moderate penalty.

@MauritzOsim will receive a 10 race results points reduction and 10 drivers license points (including 5 for it being the first lap of the race), for causing a moderate avoidable collision.

Closed.
@saxondale76 @MauritzOsim @morphee7

Status
Not open for further replies.