Closed - Taken out by car that is 1 lap behind !!! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Closed Taken out by car that is 1 lap behind !!!

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Simpson

AOR ACC S4 Tier 3 Champion
Jan 31, 2020
Are you able to tell me how much damaged this incident caused (in seconds) as I'd love to know? As for the incident itself, it has already been discussed, this is the risk I ran trying to unlap myself with lines, etc being so inconsistent. It would be nice to see the clips be a little longer and include interior clips with the added throttle/brake UI. If possible I will provide these myself in a bit.

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
After the indent i drop to 18th from 12th i think. The damage was around 1sec per lap but the car was unstable on high speed corners doing snap overseer so i lose way more time . Before the pits i was around @Smolda he finished 6th so i lose alot of potions. The worst thing is you do that lap behind and drive like is no cars in front of you

Jack Simpson

Jan 31, 2020
The worst thing is you do that lap behind and drive like is no cars in front of you
Yep you keep bringing it up that I was a lap behind and I keep saying that I know I was... Trying to unlap yourself is totally allowed if you are quicker than the car Infront. I'll say it again, you were slow out of the corner, once I get a chance to look at the replay I can check both our throttle inputs and compare. I do not race like a bull in a China shop so most incidents that occur are purely bad luck/misjudgment.

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
Yep you keep bringing it up that I was a lap behind and I keep saying that I know I was... Trying to unlap yourself is totally allowed if you are quicker than the car Infront. I'll say it again, you were slow out of the corner, once I get a chance to look at the replay I can check both our throttle inputs and compare. I do not race like a bull in a China shop so most incidents that occur are purely bad luck/misjudgment.
I was taking the corner with the speed that car and and setup alow me, You drive trough like is no one in front its not a mistake you just drive like this and cant even understand where is the problem which is the worst . Bcs of people like you that think that are some kind of a pro i see more incidents in AOR than in a public server and of course people are leaving

Jack Simpson

Jan 31, 2020
Here's why i believe it is a racing incident:
  • I was taking the corner the same way every time. I have only been hotlapping as I've learnt the track recently, first time racing on it. I took the corner as fast as i could.
  • Mattster was taking the corner the same way every time however it was not the correct way to take it.
  • This incident happened on the first lap of me meeting Mattster on track. I had no way to tell how he would take certain corners.
  • He was fully lifting off the throttle compared to me lifting maybe ~50% as well as cutting the corner a little more.
  • The car in front did not effect how quickly he could take the corner.
  • I was in my right to attempt to overtake even if a lap down however i was setting myself up to cleanly pass him on the straight.
At the end of the day I'm very sorry this had to happen but i strongly believe this was out of my control as i do not have to reaction time or knowledge to know this would happen.

Edit: I know this may be a little extreme but i thought i would just check it out just to be sure... https://youtu.be/oA1mDJq68lM?t=41 Here's a hotlap video in the Lexus showcasing how to take said corner properly and what i expected would be the same from Mattster. Sure it's in perfect conditions with maybe the perfect setup but the same line should still be possible with a slight lift of the throttle. No where near as much as much as Mattster was doing.

Here are the clips that Mattster failed to provide properly...

My Perspective:

Mattster's Perspective:

Extra Clips:

How i was taking the corner every lap:

How Mattster took the same corner every lap:
https://streamable.com/kmunl8

I was taking the corner with the speed that car and and setup alow me
No you weren't unfortunately, this is why it's impossible to race some people sometimes! I suggest you look at some hotlap videos as this error in your line and throttle control is the main reason this incident occured... This was the first lap i encountered you so i had no idea you would approach the corner in this way.

I will admit it was my first time racing that track with other people so i wouldn't know where I was weak/strong and how others would take certain corners. I've just watched videos of how fast people take the corners and try to emulate them.

Last edited:

Jack Simpson

Jan 31, 2020
And while we're at it, i might as well add this. After the incident i of course waited for him. Next lap i was right behind him at the same corner and I had now learnt that he is weak around said corner. This meant that i could adjust my throttle control in preparation.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and concluded that @Jack Simpson is to blame for causing a moderate avoidable collision. The fact @Mattster may have consistently approached the turn in a wrong way, does not remove the responsibility of the driver behind to make sure no contact is made. Also since @Jack Simpson was a lap behind.

@Jack Simpson will receive a 5 race results points reduction (reduced for returning the 'position') and 10 drivers license points.

Closed.
@Mattster @Jack Simpson @Xeonski @LiboCZ

Status
Not open for further replies.