PC - Taking a screenshot | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Taking a screenshot

Datsun_Tastic

Junior Karter
Jan 2, 2018
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed many times but I'm struggling to take a screenshot of my lap time sheet for Spa, Hungary etc.. When I take a screenshot (using the Print Screen key), the image is just a black screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks, D_T

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
maybe because you're in full windows mode, so the program says "no Windows, you're not allowed to overtake the screen for a photo".
Instead, maybe try Alt + PrintScreen?
If you are in a Steam game, try to press F12 - that should save a screenshot in Steam that you can find later (rightclick your Steam icon at bottom right side, chose Library, Show and chose Screen shots).

Alternativily, go out of game mode (Alt+Tab), open the Snipping Tool, go back to the game (Alt+Tab) and take a screenshot that way. Use the delay function if necessary)
Last, I can suggest to use Snag if nothing else works https://snag.gy/

ChokDK

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Sep 11, 2016
Ohh.. I actually just had the same thing going on :)
The "preview-viewer" wouldn't show anything, so I deleted all the screenshot files in the folder and now it works again.
Maybe try that (you might want to make a backup of the pictures in there first though?) :)

P.S. .... My Steam overlay wasn't "on" either.. :astronaut:

Datsun_Tastic

Junior Karter
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm in the middle of setting up a new gaming PC so will try your suggestions once that's up and running :)

Jipper

Reigning S14 AOR PC F6 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
May 24, 2017
if your using an Nvidia card, and using Nvidia Experience. i tend to take screenshots using that, Hotkey is Alt+F1.
saves an image straight away to your chosen location, without having to paste your printscreen and save it etc...

Reactions: RC7_NI