PC - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car

PC Elite - Watkins Glen International Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium cloud
- Sprint race: Light cloud
- Main race: Clear

● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Qualifying: 23 May 2018, 18:00
- Sprint race: 23 May 2018, 19:00
- Main race: 23 May 2018, 22:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with a full tank of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 22L (BMW 17L). To get a full tank you simply start to go out from the pit and press escape/options/start (depending on platform) and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have a full tank. Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.
The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).
Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.
Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
When the lights go out everyone stays stationary for about 5 seconds. Everyone will then move slightly to the side of the track to make a clear path in the middle. The coordinator will call out the names for the starting order, once you hear your name you drive safely trough the middle lane until you are at the back of the train in your correct position. The leader and the train behind him need to wait at the end of sector one in order for everyone to catch up. In the process it might happen that you accidentally be 1 place up or down compared to the position you should be in. Try to coordinate with the person you need to switch with to get into the correct position. The coordinator will give a sign when the leader is allowed to start the formation lap.

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shooter80

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
In the, incredibly, unlikely event that, as 5th reserve, I ended up taking part in the race tomorrow, I figured I could do with some practice, so ran some laps of the track with the BMW. The car is a ton of fun round there, somehow it doesn't even feel 'too slow', should be a good race tomorrow.

Is anyone planing on streaming their race, so I can watch along?

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Hmm, I might be confused. Seems that Watkins Glen will accept 32 slots, does that mean that the first 6 reserves can race tomorrow?
@Clank24401 @Marvin

1527021522321.png

• Obvious
Reactions: Marvin

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hmm, I might be confused. Seems that Watkins Glen will accept 32 slots, does that mean that the first 6 reserves can race tomorrow?
@Clank24401 @Marvin

View attachment 48364
As a reserve driver you will be allowed to drive the rounds that can host more than 26 drivers, even if there aren't any absences. So only at Oulton park there will be 26 driver limit.
Just as clarification to all the reserves driver:

Nurburgring and Hockenheim have a driver limit of 30, so only the first 4 reserves have a guaranteed spot for these races.
Correct all reserves have a spot on the grid tomorrow.

Ironik

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 20, 2016
Hey guys, I'm very sorry but I won't make it this evening.
Wife needs me.

Have a good race!

• Informative
Reactions: Clank24401

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
@Clank24401 @AndrexUK
Did someone test the fuel levels during the sessions bcs I test online and for the Q it give me 10 L on 1st run 100l on 2nd for 20 min race it give me 33 L this it all with forced default setup. Normally should be 100 l but what a surprise project car have a bug :)))

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Not a bug, it will give you the right (safe) amount of fuel for the time of the race.

Qually you need to load the setup again, so you start with a full tank.

• Informative
Reactions: Mattster

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
In race 2 i trashed my race and at least the race of 1 or 2 people. Really really sorry for that. Please accept my excuses. i had massive stuttering even on stable 80/90 fps, so i should be extra careful, but i touched a car's back on fast straight, and all went terribly wrong. Again, really sorry. Was a hyper exciting race and i trashed it.

PS
anyway, my replay went wrong ( as usual ) i really want to check my race and my mistake, to give excuses to people i ruined race ( i don't remember who were ) If someone want to share it, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Touring_27

Touring_27

GP2 Test Driver
Jan 19, 2017
In race 2 i trashed my race and at least the race of 1 or 2 people. Really really sorry for that. Please accept my excuses. i had massive stuttering even on stable 80/90 fps, so i should be extra careful, but i touched a car's back on fast straight, and all went terribly wrong. Again, really sorry. Was a hyper exciting race and i trashed it.

PS
anyway, my replay went wrong ( as usual ) i really want to check my race and my mistake, to give excuses to people i ruined race ( i don't remember who were ) If someone want to share it, thanks.
Its ok mate but i think the whole field may need to have a rethink on when to go for a move and when to back off and wait till the next straight or corner

Adalexis

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 3, 2018
i saw replay now. really sad.
Too bad that point before the chicane is the best point for using draft to pass. But so dangerous, and with my stutterings, not safe at all. Was a slight touch i saw, but with terrible results. My car was totally trashed. Again, really sorry, better be more safe, u're right.

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Race was fun while it lasted. Qualified and finished mid pack in the sprint race, with only one real mistake to regret. Feature race was going ok until two cars ahead had an accident approaching the chicane. I couldn't avoid the spinning cars and got some pretty bad suspension and aero damage that cost about 3 seconds a lap.

With 25mins to go, I figured I'd pit so I could at least enjoy driving a repaired car, but after driving into the pits two laps in a row to find no pit crew in sight, I retired to avoid getting in anyone's way.

Hopefully I'll have better luck next time. Thanks to @Clank24401 and @Marvin for hosting and organising, and to @FisiFan91 @Insulaventus and @Stevie for the stream and commentary that I got to watch the end of the race on.

The Hunter

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 21, 2016
My qualifying started off pretty well with a 6th place after my first hotlap. In my second hotlap I was more than half a second up on my time, which was more than enough to take provisional pole. Until my game crashed near the end of the inner loop. Because there was less than 3 minutes left in qualifying there was no way for me to get back in and had to sit out the first race. I was pissed off to say the least.

Second race I had to start 26th because of the DNS. I had calmed down a bit and knew that I had a massive task ahead of me. All I wanted to do was to keep my nose clean and at least get a top 15 finish.

With 30 minutes to go I already found myself in 12 place. Fully focusing on exit speeds so I could make use of others battling and compromising their lines. 23 minutes to go I found myself in a 3 wide situation with @Adalexis and @ShaggyDan. It was a biggest balls contest which I managed to somehow win. Up into 7th. Getting Borates for 6th. Caught up quickly to the battle for 4th with Gosku and F4H MaR4uDer. I was luckily able to pass them quickly and hunt down Rickybrosh for 3rd. With 3 minutes to go I found his rear bumper and knew at that point 3rd was the best possible result. I went for a late braking move into turn one to seal the deal.

I'm really happy with my result in the second race after such a big disappointment during qualifying. GG's to @FisiFan91 @Insulaventus and @Stevie for the broadcast and to everyone else for the amazing race, I had a real blast and see you all next week!

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
So my first race was kinda short' as I was involved in the incident at T1, and had to pit after that with 70% front dmg. Went back out and did find a decent pace before the race ended, with me second last, and 1 lap down to the main group.

Second race was fun, and started in 2nd place. A couple of laps in, I got past @Rickybrosh somehow, and got a small gap. But after holding up some time, @Veloce_Primero cought up and was clearly faster. He got by me, but I was able to hang on to him because of the drag, so we had a good little battle Congrats to @Veloce_Primero with 1st ?

Had a blast, learned a lot and looking forward to the next race. Big thanks to the coordinators and commentators of this race, really great job ?

Crimewave

Junior Karter
May 21, 2018
Was very entertaining to watch, some great battles & completely played in the spirit of Touring Cars (as far as us spectators could see). As a noob to AOR races & only found them by chance (god bless smart tv's with the youtube app showing me the GT3 Elite races after looking at Yorkie065's instruction videos on how to setup cars properly), I will be tuning in next week but well done to all who took part & the commentators who try their best to keep up with chaos of touring cars (wish you could up the stream quality to 1080p 60fps though *hint hint*).

Reactions: FisiFan91

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
(wish you could up the stream quality to 1080p 60fps though *hint hint*).
For some reason my PC doesn't seem to like me doing that - last time I tried it resulted in framerate issues ?

Mattster

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 18, 2016
You need Ryzen Fisi :)

Can someone send me the replays from the races ?

Last edited: