PS4 - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car

PS4 - Watkins Glen International Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium cloud
- Sprint race: Light cloud
- Main race: Clear

● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Qualifying: 23 May 2018, 18:00
- Sprint race: 23 May 2018, 19:00
- Main race: 23 May 2018, 22:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with a full tank of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 22L (BMW 17L). To get a full tank you simply start to go out from the pit and press escape/options/start (depending on platform) and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have a full tank. Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.
The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).
Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.

Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Confirmed no-shows:
@Martynvr
@Phoenix_
@igor55
@The_Kaiser-MSc

Unconfirmed no-shows:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Phoenix_

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
Looking forward to it! :)

I've noticed that you can cut that chicane quite a bit and get away with it, but I assume that (as with all AOR events) excessive or repeated cutting will earn you a pretty hefty penalty so just be careful!

I normally do some practice races and watch the replay back to see if I've been abusing the track limits or not.

• Agree
Reactions: Michel--NL

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Who's to determine what kind of a cut determines a penalty? Maybe just let the game penalize you where it does and leave the rest up to drivers?

Also, how can you adjust fuel level in a DEFAULT setup lobby?

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
Who's to determine what kind of a cut determines a penalty? Maybe just let the game penalize you where it does and leave the rest up to drivers?

Sometimes the game doesn't see it as cutting, we've had issues in the past at the Red Bull Ring and Zolder. It's in the AOR rules somewhere that you have to have two wheels within the white lines at all times.

You can't adjust fuel level in a default set-up lobby. You get full fuel when you return to the pits or open the Tuning Setup page but can't change it back.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017

Your tier is broadcasted so if the bus stop is been abused it will get picked up on, just remember to save your reply so if you suspect drivers of gaining time you can check your footage and report them

Archil

PS4 S1 Ginetta GT5 T1 Champion
Apr 22, 2018
Sometimes the game doesn't see it as cutting, we've had issues in the past at the Red Bull Ring and Zolder. It's in the AOR rules somewhere that you have to have two wheels within the white lines at all times.

You can't adjust fuel level in a default set-up lobby. You get full fuel when you return to the pits or open the Tuning Setup page but can't change it back.
Your tier is broadcasted so if the bus stop is been abused it will get picked up on, just remember to save your reply so if you suspect drivers of gaining time you can check your footage and report them
I see, thanks!

@manbearpig

Yes I know how it works, however I was referring to this:

''Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.''

You can't do that if default setups are forced.

Also I think that going back to pits only gives you 80L instead of full 100L.

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
I see, thanks!

@manbearpig

Yes I know how it works, however I was referring to this:

''Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.''

You can't do that if default setups are forced.

Also I think that going back to pits only gives you 80L instead of full 100L.
I get 99L actually so no idea haha. you can open them to change between loose and stable as far as I’m aware. But as you say the actual setup section is locked

Reactions: Archil

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
What times are people having around here? Had a terrible social race both with getting involved in collisions and making stupid mistakes. So want to make sure I’m not taking up an elite space if I’m not Elite pace. Had a quick 15 min raz around and got 1.15.5 with 100l fuel and 1.14.7 on tt. Feel like there is still quite a lot of time I can make up maybe up to a second but no more with more practice rather than the fifteen min raz. But just wanted to see what everyone else is getting roughly so I can gauge.

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
Yeah, today was pretty busy so didn't think about posting today. But I won't be able to race because I have surgery on wednesday :(

• Informative
Reactions: Michel--NL

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Got the tt down to 1:14.0 not sure how much more i would be able to shave off now.

MrEmAych

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah, today was pretty busy so didn't think about posting today. But I won't be able to race because I have surgery on wednesday :(
Good luck buddy hope it all goes well!

Martynvr

F1 Champion
Mar 28, 2016
Looking forward lads, regarding the cutting i Will stream all of the races as Well and have footage If needed. Eager to get Some good results so Will practice a bit the next few days!

Reactions: MrEmAych

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm on vacation until Tuesday, I hope I can put a few laps in before the race. Had only tested the Glen last week for car selection.

D.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Starting on my least favourite track and a night race, think I need to put a fair bit of practice for this.
Going to a bit non visual for the live commentary and stream and a strange choice of track imo.

Reactions: TRL Cage