AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car
PS4 - Watkins Glen International Short
● Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
● Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.
● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium cloud
- Sprint race: Light cloud
- Main race: Clear
● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Qualifying: 23 May 2018, 18:00
- Sprint race: 23 May 2018, 19:00
- Main race: 23 May 2018, 22:00
Manual Rolling Start Information:
● Formation Point:
● Acceleration Zone:
If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.
● Rules & regulations: Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
● Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with a full tank of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 22L (BMW 17L). To get a full tank you simply start to go out from the pit and press escape/options/start (depending on platform) and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have a full tank. Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.
The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).
● Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.
● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.