PS4 - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
What is good race pace around this track for both the Sprint and main race?
Just want to know what I should be aiming to achieve for my race pace.

Thanks lads

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
What is good race pace around this track for both the Sprint and main race?
Just want to know what I should be aiming to achieve for my race pace.

Thanks lads
I would say you want to be aiming for low 1:14s in the races. I imagine the top guys will be in the high 1:13s though. Should be pretty close all the way through, I can see first to last separated by just over a second or so!

Reactions: Jarryd Vermeulen

Martynvr

F1 Multiple Champion
Mar 28, 2016
Guys i feel absolutely gutted but i cant race this wednesday:love:, real life got in the way.

Turns out my misses got a special evening planned cause of our anniversary.

I can run the other 3 wednesday nights If You Guys let me.

My appolgize palls, i know how much a full grid is appreciated... guess there are a few things that are more important than Racing ( my wife’s opinion).

Is there any other way to let the admin now?

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Guys i feel absolutely gutted but i cant race this wednesday:love:, real life got in the way.

My appolgize palls, i know how much a full grid is appreciated... guess there are a few things that are more important than Racing ( my wife’s opinion).

I think the admin will show up before Wednesday ;-)
Have fun on your anniversary (y)

Reactions: Martynvr

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018

No problems I find my wife has similar opinions. Have a good one.

Reactions: Martynvr

FortunaMEJG

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
I'm really looking forward to participating in this league! I think it will be great! However I'm currently working on my master thesis (university project) and the last day to finish it is this Thursday (24th). If everything goes according to plan I will be able to take part in tomorrow's race (without any practice though). But if not I'll have to prioritize my university project... I will make sure to text you IF I am unable to take part tomorrow. If I am able to attend tomorrow's race, which I'm obviously hoping for, then I will not send a message about it. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: MrEmAych

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

from yesterdays social I learned two things:

first
if you get a slow-down-penalty in turn 1 don't lift off at the following uphill-S when there is someone behind you. I was stupid, I did this.

second
don't start an overtaking manoeuvre in the breaking zone before the bus stop. It has the potential to ruin the race of both. Two guys tried it, both tries went wrong.

Looking forward for tonights race, The Glen is awesome, especially in the dark ?
D.

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
just one note from last nights social - unsafe return to track - several times i had to brake/swerve to avoid someone who had gone off at the chicane just driving wildly back onto the track. on one occasion early on in 2nd race i was unable to avoid contact and took 9 points of damage on the front, meaning i had no straight line speed - effectively race over.
am i not right in thinking that the car which has gone off should only return to the track when it is safe to do so???

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
I'm really looking forward to participating in this league! I think it will be great! However I'm currently working on my master thesis (university project) and the last day to finish it is this Thursday (24th). If everything goes according to plan I will be able to take part in tomorrow's race (without any practice though). But if not I'll have to prioritize my university project... I will make sure to text you IF I am unable to take part tomorrow. If I am able to attend tomorrow's race, which I'm obviously hoping for, then I will not send a message about it. Good luck everyone!
Good luck!

Reactions: FortunaMEJG

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Good luck tonight all its going to be an interesting race, looking forward to it.
@Michel--NL , is this league still going to be live streamed with commentary on the official AOR YouTube channel?
No promotion of it and according to the channel the next stream is in a couple of days or no mention on Twitter which is a bit disappointing.

Michel--NL

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2016
Good luck tonight all its going to be an interesting race, looking forward to it.
@Michel--NL , is this league still going to be live streamed with commentary on the official AOR YouTube channel?
No promotion of it and according to the channel the next stream is in a couple of days or no mention on Twitter which is a bit disappointing.
I still believe @A.O.R Evildragon is doing the commentating and streaming. He can stream directly to the AOR YT channel. I have nothing to do with that (out of my hands).
Twitter I could ask for, but to busy with all the other AOR stuf at the moment.

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
So if we have heard a " ouch" during commentary then you sat up and got a little excited.