PS4 - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
and congrats to my team mate @Mhill as well of course for an excellent result.

Victorious Secret on top ???

......... for now

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah seemed like great racing all around. The standings have been updated. @Walter---79 we are currently top of the team champ. Sorry to say this but I will drag you down from here! ?
No No, and btw we shouldn't discuss team tactics on the open chat channel :)
I was afraid you were gonna say, Walter I'm gonna hold up person X now.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Haha sorry. We are allowed to let people through though surely? Nothing in the rules about that! Plus at the start I held you up as I did to know it was you!

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
I got quicker as it went on but my back end was very slidy first few laps. Really struggled. Kept up with you guys for a bit and then went into points mode as had 30 seconds on bkd and 10 second behind you guys. Coasted to the finish.

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Plus I wouldn’t intentionally hold anyone up. But I would defend like a f$%*er. ?

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
Well done on the podium sitters guys!

Q- 6th
R1- DSC
R2- 1st

Real shame about that race, managed to get upto 2nd before the disconnection, really hurt my points tally but nevertheless I came back in Race2. Starting from the back, absolute mayhem at the start helped a lot and making some vital/scary overtakes on @Mhill

Some many good battles, could definitely see the next 6 races being classics. Much better racing than GT3s too, everyone is so much closer on track. Awesome battles with @TRL Cage @manbearpig @Walter---79 @Mhill @Big-Kid-Daddy Thankyou!!!!

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Plus all I did really was wreck avoidance. Not even sure I gained a position through anything other than luck lol! Good race though guys. Especially the first one. Will have to a do highlight reel of my view of your guys battles. Was getting ridiculous by the end at some of the close racing! Very high levels of skill shown! Well played guys!

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Well done on the podium sitters guys!

Q- 6th
R1- DSC
R2- 1st

Real shame about that race, managed to get upto 2nd before the disconnection, really hurt my points tally but nevertheless I came back in Race2. Starting from the back, absolute mayhem at the start helped a lot and making some vital/scary overtakes on @Mhill

Some many good battles, could definitely see the next 6 races being classics. Much better racing than GT3s too, everyone is so much closer on track. Awesome battles with @TRL Cage @manbearpig @Walter---79 @Mhill @Big-Kid-Daddy Thankyou!!!!
You too buddy! That overtake was mental. Thought I had my car positioned to stop you. But nope you went flying through for a well deserved and ballsy overtake!? shame about the first race

Reactions: F4H_Jake

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
What fantastic racing guys it was so intense that made me sweat lots so currently sitting in the bath lol, possibly the best I've been involved in so thank you all.
Well done to the winners also.

Quail P2: happy with that .
Race P2:
Had a bad start and dropped a place or 2 and gained one or so, not looked back on replay I think @jake_lfc01 and @TRL Cage had an incident at the chicane allowing me through and in the lead.
Bottled it though and clipped turn 1 curb with 2 wheels in the air which lost me momentum and just got swamped by 4 or 5 cars.
Kept at it though and chased but got let through by @TRL Cage ?

Race 2
Big apologies to @manbearpig
I was in an awkward patch with Jake passing me and I lost control and span which caused you damage, wrecked both our chances to fight up front and felt awful the whole race, bit of an anti climax.
Started catching back up eventually to a really slow in the straight and would imagine damaged @iPro x Owen ,
Think we was side by side on the chicane and in exit to next corner the car was a little unstable so it was a bit of rough and ready but was as clean as pass as I could.

Video to follow, thanks again guys see you next week.

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Will have to a do highlight reel of my view of your guys battles.
If you happened to catch my slide in race one I’d be interested to see what it looked like..either insane(ly lucky) drifting or terrible car control ?

Reactions: MrEmAych

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
What fantastic racing guys it was so intense that made me sweat lots so currently sitting in the bath lol, possibly the best I've been involved in so thank you all.

Race P2:
Had a bad start and dropped a place or 2 and gained one or so, not looked back on replay I think @jake_lfc01 and @TRL Cage had an incident at the chicane allowing me through and in the lead.
Bottled it though and clipped turn 1 curb with 2 wheels in the air which lost me momentum and just got swamped by 4 or 5 cars.

Race 2
I was in an awkward patch with Jake passing me and I lost control and span which caused you damage, wrecked both our chances to fight up front and felt awful the whole race, bit of an anti climax.
Started catching back up eventually to a really slow in the straight and would imagine damaged @iPro x Owen ,
Think we was side by side on the chicane and in exit to next corner the car was a little unstable so it was a bit of rough and ready but was as clean as pass as I could.

Absolutely no problem man, nothing anyone could do in the situation, I guessed the wrong way and paid the price!

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
If you happened to catch my slide in race one I’d be interested to see what it looked like..either insane(ly lucky) drifting or terrible car control ?
Yeah will put it on. I thought you were dead to be fair! Looked like the back end just went away from you and then you power slide it through!

TRL Cage

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Fantastic race 1, dont know if i'd call it fun or nightmare lol some scary overtakes "not rash" lol..

2nd Race was bitter sweet was taking my time going through the pack not trying any 50 50 chances.. the pace was real good from everyone, an then me an jazzman connected eachother going up the hill, at the time i thought i left enough space on the right it was marginal, i felt a bit of contact on rear right an i tried best steering left an it kept pulling to the right, sometimes i expect to much from side by side racing i must give more room in future, i feel wick about the incident ruined both are races.

Congrats to everyone an the winners great job jake an owen.

On to Oulton Park! :)

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Yeah will put it on. I thought you were dead to be fair! Looked like the back end just went away from you and then you power slide it through!
I got on the grass and turned in so it was inevitable.. just thought about that old Colin McRae quote about keeping your foot in and it somewhat worked out ? shame the race didn’t go on for a few minutes longer either or we’d have had a decent battle I reckon

owentq128

? PS4 S1 Touring Cars Elite Champion
Jan 13, 2014

Race P2:

Race 2

Yeah had suspension damage and aero damage from a spin on lap 3.

FortunaMEJG

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
Mate: "So how was your first AOR league race?"

Me: "Well, I hadn't played the game for over a week due to working on my master thesis so I went in without doing any practice at all even though I've never driven that particular layot of the teack."

Mate: "Ok, but how did it go?"

Me: "No comment..."

Roined race 1 due to a mistake I made on my own as well... :/ Better luck nexttime I guess.

Anyway, Congratulations to whoever took home the total win! You guys seem to be a nice group of drivers and I'm looking forward to future races. Hopefully I'm able to get some practice in before the races. Peace!

Reactions: manbearpig

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

Q: P12
it is obvious that I'm not fast enough for this tier. I only wonder why this doesn't comes clear before raceday. But this seems to be a thing of "elite".

R1: DNF
a car spins right in front of me in the long righthander after the bus stop. I reacted too late and hit him, then a car behind us crashed into me. Result was a damaged car and a 30 second penalty for cutting, so I retired into the pits. No blame to anyone, this can happen. A better reaction from my side would avoid it.

R2: DNF
started from pole, the pack of fast guys arrived quickly. It seems that I'm in the way, so someone pushes me on the long straight to the bus stop directly into the barriers. Game over.

I'm not sure if I want to stay in this tier.

D.