PS4 - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Jan 2, 2018
Hi,

Q: P12
it is obvious that I'm not fast enough for this tier. I only wonder why this doesn't comes clear before raceday. But this seems to be a thing of "elite".

R1: DNF
a car spins right in front of me in the long righthander after the bus stop. I reacted too late and hit him, then a car behind us crashed into me. Result was a damaged car and a 30 second penalty for cutting, so I retired into the pits. No blame to anyone, this can happen. A better reaction from my side would avoid it.

R2: DNF
started from pole, the pack of fast guys arrived quickly. It seems that I'm in the way, so someone pushes me on the long straight to the bus stop directly into the barriers. Game over.

I'm not sure if I want to stay in this tier.

D.
It’s a shame that you feel like that. From the practice you seemed to have good pace. It sounds like you were a little unlucky yesterday as well. Would be a shame to loose you if you were to change and if possible it would be good to give it another go next week? I know how you feel though after last weeks social races I was going to ask to be placed lower as well. I know I am not as fast as the top guys but with a little luck and wreck avoidance managed to get 2 respectable finishes. Anyway let me know your thoughts and we will see what we can do

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
have to admit i feel the same way as @DeuxMilles but will stick it out and try to find more practice time for next week - wish i hadn't signed up for the indy race tomorrow as that also needs lots of time and i'm limited to what i can do - might drop that and practice for tcs instead

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
have to admit i feel the same way as @DeuxMilles but will stick it out and try to find more practice time for next week - wish i hadn't signed up for the indy race tomorrow as that also needs lots of time and i'm limited to what i can do - might drop that and practice for tcs instead
do it! Who wants to race around an oval anyway? Again your pace was good in the practice race and seems to just be unlucky.

Reactions: Slicker

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
What times are people having around here?
now you know it. Five guys in the 1:13 racepace - no one talks about it, it seems to be top secret.

My qualification was good for P9 in Pro and P4 in Semi-Pro. Best lap P8 in Pro and P5 in Semi-Pro. I practiced last week at Watkins for car seletcion and came back early from vacation to practice tuesday and wednesday. I was prepeared.

It was a big mistake to put the asked effort into the timetrail.

D.

TRL Cage

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 25, 2017
Hi,

Q: P12
it is obvious that I'm not fast enough for this tier. I only wonder why this doesn't comes clear before raceday. But this seems to be a thing of "elite".

R1: DNF
a car spins right in front of me in the long righthander after the bus stop. I reacted too late and hit him, then a car behind us crashed into me. Result was a damaged car and a 30 second penalty for cutting, so I retired into the pits. No blame to anyone, this can happen. A better reaction from my side would avoid it.

R2: DNF
started from pole, the pack of fast guys arrived quickly. It seems that I'm in the way, so someone pushes me on the long straight to the bus stop directly into the barriers. Game over.7

I'm not sure if I want to stay in this tier.

D.
Dont be silly in the 2nd Race i was behind you for quite a few laps an there is nothing wrong with your pace! I was making sure i could cleanly overtake, some moments i had to back out of the throttle but thats racing.. you an jazz was rubbing really bad down the straight to the chicane so backed off as it looked to end in tears but use got somehow an i tried to get a run but nowhere to go an am sure i rubbed your bumper lol

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
anyone got times for oulton yet (wet and dry)?

manbearpig

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 22, 2017
now you know it. Five guys in the 1:13 racepace - no one talks about it, it seems to be top secret.

My qualification was good for P9 in Pro and P4 in Semi-Pro. Best lap P8 in Pro and P5 in Semi-Pro. I practiced last week at Watkins for car seletcion and came back early from vacation to practice tuesday and wednesday. I was prepeared.

It was a big mistake to put the asked effort into the timetrail.

D.
I would say you want to be aiming for low 1:14s in the races. I imagine the top guys will be in the high 1:13s though. Should be pretty close all the way through, I can see first to last separated by just over a second or so!
The race pace for top guys was slightly quicker than I predicted, but a low 1:14 in race trim was decent enough - I did mention this before the race started. I really think you deserve to be in this tier, you're a quick guy and I've seen you be very smooth and consistent in the past. Don't be down beat and don't call people out for sandbagging, no one had any intentions of doing that I'm sure.

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
What do you mean with this?
Think he means that people didn’t want to share their times if I read it correctly? Like @Phoenix_ said though we can look at tt for a rough idea. Just to say though I am always happy to share my times if someone asks. But I understand that people might not want to. This is a game of small advantages and sharing that you are quicker than someone can spur them to practice more and beat your time. So understand both side. @DeuxMilles what do you think you want to do? Give it another go or move divisions?

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
definitely not, I only started hitting 13's Yesterday a couple of hours prior to race.
its not top secret , Mhill asked last week and at the time, I gave my best lap times.

@DeuxMilles , you do have decent pace so dont give up, just keep practicing , its the only way.

Reactions: MrEmAych

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
Plus and this is most important, you are very clean. The other thing to say is in the race guys in other leagues can have a quick lap same as with us. You are here as you are known to be consistent. That’s not saying other drivers in other leagues aren’t, they are. But imo you deserve to be here

MrEmAych

Jan 2, 2018
@DeuxMilles see the outpouring of love for you! ? Surely you have to stay now? I know I enjoyed our battles in practice. Was great fun! Anyway have a think about it and let us know. Fingers crossed you decide to stay!

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
please stay - maybe we can scrap for last place together

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,
What do you mean with this?
Think he means that people didn’t want to share their times if I read it correctly?
yes. And I only see this in elite.

Don't be down beat and don't call people out for sandbagging, no one had any intentions of doing that I'm sure.
Lol. Top 6 guys in Pro (Pro! Not Elite) are all faster in quali and racepace. Without any exception. Those six posted TT in Willow which are all SLOWER than mine. Without any exception.
Ok, I don't want to call out anyone for sandbagging. But it tells me that an hour of practicing for the sign-up-TT should be enough. I put that amount of effort into it which I put into every race. What a big mistake.

D.

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
A TT is clearly not suffice for Tier selection. Many PPL sandbagged in S9 GT3 also.! It needs looking into for sure. IMO I would have feeder leagues for Newbies. Like alot of other Sim Racing orgs do, to absolutely make sure people get placed properly and to check their commitment also. Just an idea to improve racing and correct placement. ??

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

yes. And I only see this in elite.

Lol. Top 6 guys in Pro (Pro! Not Elite) are all faster in quali and racepace. Without any exception. Those six posted TT in Willow which are all SLOWER than mine. Without any exception.
Ok, I don't want to call out anyone for sandbagging. But it tells me that an hour of practicing for the sign-up-TT should be enough. I put that amount of effort into it which I put into every race. What a big mistake.

D.
Hey @DeuxMilles ..I did only 3-5 laps practice before the race and was doing 14.2 but during the race (Pro league) I was able to get down to 13.8...keep your head up buddy you're a quick driver. Nick had a bad race too, got taken out many times but you know if you give him the space to race hes going to be consistent, same goes for you.

Last edited: