PS4 - TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Elite Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
This is just a Heads up for those that are new to AOR and those that don't know! ?

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-ps4-touring-car-season-1-time-trials.33066/
All drivers should treat the TT's as a qualifying for the league and we ask of all drivers to put a fair amount of time to get representative TT's (as a driver would do before a race).
?

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy AOR and want to go on. But this system needs rework. Times from TT and from the first round show clearly that things go massively wrong.

btw: it wasn't the first time I ran into this issue. In my very first AOR participation (GT3 S7? don't remember) I was also placed into elite based on my time trails. After the first few rounds ppl from elite complained about me because I was too slow.....

The only way beeing placed in the right tier is to deliberately post a slow TT. This can't be the solution and no, I won't do that.

D.

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
What’s wrong with this grid? We had great, close racing last night and the feature race managed to bring in some of the guys that struggled last night, yes the incidents were a massive shame but we had a lot of fun, some many good overtakes, even if Pro was quicker I don’t know if they had as much fun as we bloody did!

May not work for GT3 but it has worked well for TCs.

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
What’s wrong with this grid? We had great, close racing last night and the feature race managed to bring in some of the guys that struggled last night, yes the incidents were a massive shame but we had a lot of fun, some many good overtakes, even if Pro was quicker I don’t know if they had as much fun as we bloody did!

May not work for GT3 but it has worked well for TCs.
yes we did! :p lol

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hi,

yes. And I only see this in elite.

Lol. Top 6 guys in Pro (Pro! Not Elite) are all faster in quali and racepace. Without any exception. Those six posted TT in Willow which are all SLOWER than mine. Without any exception.
Ok, I don't want to call out anyone for sandbagging. But it tells me that an hour of practicing for the sign-up-TT should be enough. I put that amount of effort into it which I put into every race. What a big mistake.

D.
My lap times in offline practice always seem to be faster than the ones I end up doing in the race itself, so I don't post them very often. Then again you have the TT leaderboard that should give you some relative pace times. I noticed quite a few people posted a time for Watkins.

Oh and @DeuxMilles, you earned your spot in Elite so you really shouldn't be looking to the Pro league in that much detail. I'd rather be a mediocre driver in Elite than a top one in Pro to be honest, but that's my opinion of course. If some pro drivers have been sandbagging, then that is on them. I have more respect for you than for them even if they put in faster lap times now.

• Agree
Reactions: NICK-NITRO

VSR Davidben

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
My lap times in offline practice always seem to be faster than the ones I end up doing in the race itself, so I don't post them very often. Then again you have the TT leaderboard that should give you some relative pace times. I noticed quite a few people posted a time for Watkins.

Oh and @DeuxMilles, you earned your spot in Elite so you really shouldn't be looking to the Pro league in that much detail. I'd rather be a mediocre driver in Elite than a top one in Pro to be honest, but that's my opinion of course. If some pro drivers have been sandbagging, then that is on them. I have more respect for you than for them even if they put in faster lap times now.
Think we need to be careful on who's sandbagging etc..id like to think that no one in pro is sandbagging. Myself for example , when we did the TT for TC I couldn't get used to the track, I hated it..however the Glenn, I loved it and was able to put it some fast times. Some tracks just don't work for some, I agree with you tho, I'd prefer to be fighting in a higher tier than smashing it up in a lower tier, being in Elite is where he'll learn to refine his already good race craft. I hope he keeps at it.

Reactions: Walter---79

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Think we need to be careful on who's sandbagging etc..id like to think that no one in pro is sandbagging. Myself for example , when we did the TT for TC I couldn't get used to the track, I hated it..however the Glenn, I loved it and was able to put it some fast times. Some tracks just don't work for some, I agree with you tho, I'd prefer to be fighting in a higher tier than smashing it up in a lower tier, being in Elite is where he'll learn to refine his already good race craft. I hope he keeps at it.
Yes to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of sandbagging. I said “If some pro drivers...”

Driver placement is a difficult task and will never be 100% waterproof.

Also yesterday’s track was a fairly easy one, I expected quite similar timings over all tiers.

Reactions: VSR Davidben

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
have to admit i feel the same way as @DeuxMilles but will stick it out and try to find more practice time for next week - wish i hadn't signed up for the indy race tomorrow as that also needs lots of time and i'm limited to what i can do - might drop that and practice for tcs instead
I had that in the Gt3 season 8. I was clearly slower than most. It just pushed me to improve, and I returned to fight for the title of the Ginetta league. Just use this as a motivation to improve, and to learn! ;)

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

@jake_lfc01 thanks for sharing the video.

What the **** are you doing at 9:30? You are pushing me twice 'till my car gets out of balance. Not nice, my friend ? That ruined the main race for me.

D.

F4H_Jake

F1 Senna Equivalent
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,

@jake_lfc01 thanks for sharing the video.

What the **** are you doing at 9:30? You are pushing me twice 'till my car gets out of balance. Not nice, my friend ? That ruined the main race for me.

D.
What? ? I had nowhere to go for one and I’m not the one who spun you out anyway...

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

yes, but those taps are enough to bring my car out of balance and so the wreck begun....
Not a big deal, but unnecessary.

D.

TRL Cage

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jun 25, 2017
I didnt prepare right for Watkins, i did a few laps in time trial back an forward with Kaiser an Phoenix just for p1 for bit of fun an well time trials is what i enjoy.. yesterday last night was my first time on the game in a week! I dont take any race lightly an i thought if i did some online testing i would be ok, but truth being said i could not find a rythum at all.. i usually wire a track limits pretty easy, especially in these cars which i like..

So for Oulton i will be testing alot starting tomorrow, i will post my times of the dry track, i will practice the wet once i feel i have good understand of the track.

Ps i have an issue when i watch reply back my steering wheel is showing crazy angle, i have calibrated everything as should be, maybe this is just a glitch.

NICK-NITRO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Yes to be clear, I’m not accusing anyone of sandbagging. I said “If some pro drivers...”

Driver placement is a difficult task and will never be 100% waterproof.

Also yesterday’s track was a fairly easy one, I expected quite similar timings over all tiers.
A complete re vamp if the hole placing system is something I am pushing for and I'm slowly making progress so expect it to get better over the next few seasons ?

Phoenix_

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Oct 24, 2017
Hi,

yes, but those taps are enough to bring my car out of balance and so the wreck begun....
Not a big deal, but unnecessary.

D.
I watched it and personally, I would have lifted from the throttle in that situation. Just the excitement and wanting to go as fast as possible :D