Jan 2, 2018

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car

PS4 - Oulton Park International

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 30 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Sprint race: 20 minutes. Starting order is championship standings.
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions:
- Sprint race: Clear
- Main race: Rain

● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Sprint race: 30 May 12:00
- Main race: 30 May 14:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.
● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.
Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.
● Sprint race starting order Championship standings.
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.
Main race starting order (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Confirmed no-shows:
@Phoenix_

Last edited:

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Just love this track and with a new additions with the added chicane .
Did well in the Ginetta league here so hoping I can repeat in the Touring cars.
The rain adds an interesting mix.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Just love this track with a couple of new additions with the added chicane and extra sweeping left hander before hairpin!
Did well in the Ginetta league here so hoping I can repeat in the Touring cars.
The rain adds an interesting mix.
Yeah I remember that well. Think I came third and you were around 30 seconds ahead of both myself and second. Hopefully won’t be as far off the pace next week haha

Big-Kid-Daddy

AOR PS4 Ginetta G40 Jr Pro Champion
Jan 14, 2014
Yeah I remember that well. Think I came third and you were around 30 seconds ahead of both myself and second. Hopefully won’t be as far off the pace next week haha
Yeah of course you was in that race, was on a mission that race as I had a 35 second penalty that wasn't sure if it was gonna be removed so just went for it to try and clear the gap, i didn't though but luckily the penalty was reduced.
its a bit more trickier in the Touring cars and difficult to judge the speed to go through the corners from the go I have had already.

MrEmAych

AOR PS4 GT3 S14 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
Yeah of course you was in that race, was on a mission that race as I had a 35 second penalty that wasn't sure if it was gonna be removed so just went for it to try and clear the gap, i didn't though but luckily the penalty was reduced.
its a bit more trickier in the Touring cars and difficult to judge the speed to go through the corners from the go I have had already.
I’m sure you will be quick and up there for the win. ??

Martynvr

F1 Champion
Mar 28, 2016
I Will be back for this one and i am Looking forward!! Quick update regarding laptimes my pace was high 41s / low 42 on full fuel in the dry havent tried the wet yet.

Reactions: Slicker

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
Can’t wait for this it’s during half term and after all my exams are finished so I pretty much have as much time to practise as I want ?

Reactions: MrEmAych

Jarryd Vermeulen

AOR PS4 Touring Car T1 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Nov 21, 2017
Low to medium 40s with sprint fuel on board. So feeling decent after 1 day of practise.

Sat is my rain practise day and see if I can keep the pace up.

Practise hard and see you on track lads?

Reactions: MrEmAych

Slicker

Two time AOR PS4 GT3 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
did an hour of wet and 40 mins dry practice last night (online with 100l) best times so far: 1:42.4 and 1:52.2

is there any way of getting race fuel in online practice session?

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
did an hour of wet and 40 mins dry practice last night (online with 100l) best times so far: 1:42.4 and 1:52.2

is there any way of getting race fuel in online practice session?
are the lap times different between online and like free practise or something?

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
are the lap times different between online and like free practise or something?
sadly, yes - a bit quicker offline - suppose as i'm using a private lobby i can just not set default and adjust fuel as @DeuxMilles suggests

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017
I'm able to get 41.5 as race pace with 50L fuel. Don't know how to get into the low 40's though :(

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
not really looking forward to practicing this weekend since it's gonna be 28 degrees and I don't have AC. ?

Reactions: NICK-NITRO

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
ah that sucks I’ve been using free practise a lot.. how do you practise online then?
i just set up a private lobby with all correct settings - 1 hour practice and a short race though i think probs the best way would actually be to just set up the race and go straight in

FN-LEW187

Formula 3 Reserve Driver
Apr 24, 2018
i just set up a private lobby with all correct settings - 1 hour practice and a short race though i think probs the best way would actually be to just set up the race and go straight in
Yeah I’ll give that a go.. project cars works in mysterious ways ?

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

1:43.6 after long session ?
Hasn't this car ABS? I have massive lockups.

D.

Slicker

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
May 9, 2018
Hi,

1:43.6 after long session ?
Hasn't this car ABS? I have massive lockups.

D.
no it hasn't got abs - but i'm surprised you're locking up, the brake pressure is set quite low in default - i'm standing on the brakes and not locking them

DeuxMilles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi,

no it hasn't got abs - but i'm surprised you're locking up, the brake pressure is set quite low in default - i'm standing on the brakes and not locking them
tires warmed up, watch the front wheels:

in the dry I can manage it, in the wet it's difficult. Lockups everywhere.

D.

Status
Not open for further replies.