Aug 6, 2016
Last edited:

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
Welcome everyone to the pro tier!

@TicklishPicklewickle @Udgaard @RAINB0W @Flicony @chabas @Toasty @dr_green @S4Howie @eaZed neptune @pcghx_busch @Campo675 @Marvin @Argon @tRIP.. @tpmasta @Frihman @DaWu @Pirate @poisike78 @joeriiseenbelg @Spudbuster7 @Evangelist @Astrit Arsllani @Col101 @Vrooms @Nommie

Reserves: @StormENT @chasegaminguk @WhiteGhost2000 @TheGamingFez @GIXXERosg

As reserve driver you will be allowed to drive the rounds that can host more than 26 drivers, even if there aren't any absences. So only at Oulton park there will be 26 driver limit.

For the races it's important that you're on discord and ofc most importantly know the rules. On the social race some people clearly didn't know the rules and weren't on discord.

Make sure you tell me when you can't make a race and register your car/team in registration thread.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
So first request:

Are there any guys who feel they are more suited for tier 1 or don't mind moving up to tier 1?

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@Marvin why "dont mind moving up" ? Tier 1 is full + reserves isnt it?
I'm fine with Tier 2 and chill :cat:.
I'll just try to not be in anyones way without much practice and have some nice racing (y)

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
@Marvin why "dont mind moving up" ? Tier 1 is full + reserves isnt it?
I'm fine with Tier 2 and chill :cat:.
I'll just try to not be in anyones way without much practice and have some nice racing (y)
Some guys messaged me that they would feel more comfortable in tier 2. So I'm trying to see if they maybe can switch with someone.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
@Island joins the pro tier as reserve. You have a spot on the grid on Round 1, because we can host 32 drivers on Watkins.

Just as clarification to all the reserves driver:

Nurburgring and Hockenheim have a driver limit of 30, so only the first 4 reserves have a guaranteed spot for these races.

Campo675

PC S1 Touring Cars Pro Champion
Sep 29, 2017
Really looking forward to this! I might not be very good, but really like the idea of locked setup racing...

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
@Marvin you can give my spot some one and put me into elite reserve if guys need to get one tier lower to be more "comfortable" :rofl:.
I dont like this attitude :unsure:.
I'm in this league only for fun anyway

Lindholdt

Premium Member
Premium Member
Apr 26, 2018
@Marvin you can give my spot some one and put me into elite reserve if guys need to get one tier lower to be more "comfortable" :rofl:.
I dont like this attitude :unsure:.
I'm in this league only for fun anyway
Can you elaborate on what attitude it is that you dont like?
And as one of the guys who asked if there was a possibility to be moved then yes, I would be more comfortable in tier 2.
I haven't done any multiplayer races in any racing game/sim ever, besides two lobby races and one (and a half) social races in Pc2. So I have almost no experience with actual races, and I make lot's of mistakes especially when pushing really hard. Mistakes that others might be caught up in, and be affected by. If I would race in the lower tier, I might not have to push that hard, and hopefully I wont as many mistakes and ruin other peoples races. :)

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
So just want to get some clarity on the rules...

1. only the BMW require you to re-enter pit to "fill up" with petrol? I'm gonna be racing the Renault and just wanna make sure i dont need to do something additional with this car before qualifying.

2. the whole grid takes "reverse" starting order according to sprint race? (for example not just the top 10, but the whole grid?)

3. Starting order for sprint race is driver standings after the first race, starting order for 2nd race is dependent on the sprint race in every round?

Thanks!

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
1. only the BMW require you to re-enter pit to "fill up" with petrol? I'm gonna be racing the Renault and just wanna make sure i dont need to do something additional with this car before qualifying.
No the same applies for every car. So you need to manually load a default setup in qualy before going out on track no matter the car. For the race you just have to ready-up.

2. the whole grid takes "reverse" starting order according to sprint race? (for example not just the top 10, but the whole grid?)
Correct, only if you dnf you will not be reversed. So if you have a dnf in the sprint race than you start from the back in the main race.

3. Starting order for sprint race is driver standings after the first race, starting order for 2nd race is dependent on the sprint race in every round?
Correct

pcghx_busch

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2016
@Marvin Very unfortunate to tell,but i have to pull out of the league due to a medical issue which hinders me from driving.

GL to everyone else in the league!

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
@Marvin Very unfortunate to tell,but i have to pull out of the league due to a medical issue which hinders me from driving.

GL to everyone else in the league!
Thanks for informing me, hope everything is alright!

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
hey guys, how many track "cuts" would be justifiable in a 20 min race? I had incidents the whole 1st race for 2 drivers that ultimately caused me to loose time. But I dont want to be a d$%k about this neither.

I do however feel that the league must be clean as possible so dont want to let this slide...

The one driver has 15 track cuts, the other one more... in the first race.

@Marvin and other drivers. would like to get your take on if 15+ justifies reporting to stewards?

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
hey guys, how many track "cuts" would be justifiable in a 20 min race? I had incidents the whole 1st race for 2 drivers that ultimately caused me to loose time. But I dont want to be a d$%k about this neither.

I do however feel that the league must be clean as possible so dont want to let this slide...

The one driver has 15 track cuts, the other one more... in the first race.

@Marvin and other drivers. would like to get your take on if 15+ justifies reporting to stewards?
Report it. Everyone needs to race within the rules. If you see anyone not obeying the rules I would urge you to report it, that's definitely not a dick move.

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
cool thanks man, yeah... I will as ultimately its not about me or them, but about the quality of the league

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
I see one problem with this, You are making it even more unfair by reporting only the guys you saw or wanted to check. What about others, who maybe cut even more? It's just my opinion, but I would say check and report all or nobody. Reporting only one or two and not checking others, looks like You are trying to gain something (I'm not saying You are).
Again, just my opinion, so don't hit me.

Campo675

Sep 29, 2017
I see one problem with this, You are making it even more unfair by reporting only the guys you saw or wanted to check. What about others, who maybe cut even more? It's just my opinion, but I would say check and report all or nobody. Reporting only one or two and not checking others, looks like You are trying to gain something (I'm not saying You are).
Again, just my opinion, so don't hit me.
I hear what you say man, and yes, it was not an easy decision, but I think track cutting is different to race incidents, as it is possibly deliberately done lap after lap. unlike one corner too hot into a corner and connecting with someone, or perhaps closing the line by accident etc.

And the coordinators can not be expected to control everything as they have jobs etc also, so possibly its up to all of us to report track cutting if we see it happening in front of us. not policing the whole race and everybody but especially track cutting if we are witness to it.

but yes, I hear what you say and its not an easy choice especially because its not personal

poisike78

AOR PCars PC Ginetta GT5 S1 T2 Champion
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Feb 28, 2018
Actually I don't get the incident reporting too, it seemed really excessive in higher GT3 S9 tiers. I think we had only one report the whole season 9 in AM tier and the racing was a lot cleaner in our tier compared to others. If we had a incident, we talked about it like grownups and everything was fine and everyone was friendly. I understand reporting when You can't reach a agreement about what happened or if the same person does the same stupid thing every race and doesn't understand what he is doing wrong, but running to stewards before even trying to discuss the incident with the other side I just don't understand. To me it seems this reporting everything is causing more hate and doesn't really make anything better.

Believe me, I take track cutting seriously. I actually learned the track with cutting the entry to bus stop, I was stupid enough to think it's allowed because it doesn't have the white line there. When I learned that I can't do that, I basically started again and learned to take the turn differently. I actually think that cutting the entry doesn't give you a big advantage compared to taking the allowed line perfectly (at least for me). But for me it is really hard to take it perfectly every time, so I chose to take it carefully and I'm sure that costs me at least 0,2 seconds a lap (I'm sure I still messed up a few times). So seeing someone cutting it every other lap did not seem fair to me either, but I chose not to report this because of the reasons I already explained above. You reporting one "unfortunate" guy doesn't make the racing more fair, to me it seems it makes it even more unfair.

Again, this is just my opinion and I hope I'm allowed to have one. You are free to report anyone You like, including me. I saw in my replay that I extended the first corner at least two times and I did not check the whole race, so I'm sure You can find more mistakes. :)