PS4 - TC S1 Pro Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 TC S1 Pro Round 1: Watkins Glen Short - 23.05.18 @8PM (UK)

YabbaTheHutt

Moderator and PCars Overseer
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016

AOR Project Cars 2 Touring Car

PS4 - Watkins Glen International Short

Event Information:
Date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
Lobby opens: 7:45pm (UK time)
● Event starts: 8:00pm (UK time)
● Event format:
- Qualifying: 10 minutes
- Sprint race: 20 minutes
- Main race: 40 minutes. Starting order is reverse sprint race.

● Weather Conditions:
- Qualifying: Medium cloud
- Sprint race: Light cloud
- Main race: Clear

● In-game time-of-day information (real-time progression):
- Qualifying: 23 May 2018, 18:00
- Sprint race: 23 May 2018, 19:00
- Main race: 23 May 2018, 22:00

Manual Rolling Start Information:
Formation Point:

Acceleration Zone:

If you are unsure about the Manual Rolling Start procedure, please read the instructions and watch the explanatory video.

Notices:
● Rules & regulations:
Before you take the car to the track in the social race, make sure you are fully aware of the rules and regulations of the race. As a driver in our social events, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

● No-shows: If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the League Coordinator and leave a post in this thread BEFORE the race takes place.

● Quali setup:
Everybody is to do their quali with a full tank of fuel. When you start in the pit you only have 22L (BMW 17L). To get a full tank you simply start to go out from the pit and press escape/options/start (depending on platform) and choose Return to pitbox. You're now back in your pitbox and have a full tank. Or change setup in the pits and it will give you a full tank.
The return to pit works within the pit as well, so you don't need to go all the way out on track (saves time).

● Race setup:
On the pre-race screen we recommend you not to load a setup and instead you should just ready up. The game will give you the same default setup that you loaded in qualifying. The only thing that should be different is the amount of fuel, because the game automatically selects the amount of fuel depending on the race length. If you manually load a default setup in the pre-race screen you will get a full tank and you will give yourself a disadvantage.

● Main race startingorder (DNFs will start from the back):
To get into the right position for the main race is quite simple. When the lights go out, everyone starts to drive at a speed of around 10mph (16kph) and stay as far to the edge of the track as they can. This will give room in the middle of the track for cars to pass. Everyone start to look after the car they are supposed to behind and fall inline behind that car. We have tried this before and everyone should be in the correct place before sector 1 is completed on the formation lap. Once everyone is in place, we will continue with the normal formation lap (50mph (80kph), warming tyres and brakes up to formation point). It is easy to see on the mini-map when everyone looks to be in place.

Confirmed no-shows:

Last edited:

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
This has to be the quietest thread I have been in :eek: it's usaly the elite threads that no one talks in. I'm not use to all this silence :oops:

Mhill

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Jan 2, 2018
This has to be the quietest thread I have been in :eek: it's usaly the elite threads that no one talks in. I'm not use to all this silence :oops:
Yeah ours is full of chat haha. Maybe nobody wants to talk to you :lol::p

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Yeah ours is full of chat haha. Maybe nobody wants to talk to you :lol::p
well I'm gonna have a little practice later so will probably post up my lap times see if that get them talking :stig:

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Ha, well not much to say apart from looking forward to Wednesday. May try some practice tomorrow evening if anyone wants to join let me know and I'll send an invite.

Interested to know what times u can do on 100l of fuel Nick, not managed to get a good run of laps without traffic yet so unsure on what is quick.

danjbirch

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 15, 2018
Sorry didn't see post above until after I posted, I will join that one if I can get on for 8. If not might be on a bit later in night.

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Maybe I, as a coordinator, should show that I am alive too...

I'm really looking forward to this season. Based on the 3 socials we have done, the racing will be very tight and even, just as we want it :)

AOR Davidben

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 13, 2017
God I don't know why I do it to myself..i've got Indy 500 tonight, touring cars Wednesday and F1 Sunday...at any point now I'm sure my wife is gonna leave me! Ha!

I'm really looking forward to this, the Ginetta leagues were really fun with some good clean solid racing, I'm expecting the same from this league, cannot wait, albeit I've not done much practice at The Glenn in the Renault.

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
God I don't know why I do it to myself..i've got Indy 500 tonight, touring cars Wednesday and F1 Sunday...at any point now I'm sure my wife is gonna leave me! Ha!

I'm really looking forward to this, the Ginetta leagues were really fun with some good clean solid racing, I'm expecting the same from this league, cannot wait, albeit I've not done much practice at The Glenn in the Renault.
I haven't done much as I didn't decide to join till last minute so havent really touched the tc cars since the first social at willow springs. Did a little last night and the times are ok I think.

MattDarvs

PS4 GT3 S9 Semi-AM Champion
Feb 28, 2018
well I'm gonna have a little practice later so will probably post up my lap times see if that get them talking :stig:

Have you set a time for us to gauge how far behind we'll be? Haha

Prehn

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I haven't done much as I didn't decide to join till last minute so havent really touched the tc cars since the first social at willow springs. Did a little last night and the times are ok I think.
What times are you doing? How far into the 14's? Or even 13's?

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
With us only having 1 qualifying for r1 I haven't bothered with trying the Glenn with 100 ltr only done a test with the 35ltr it gives for race 1. I am not the best in a tc car and I'm sure people will be quicker than me, im lapping I'm the 14s and would think most of us will be

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
Did a test race for race 2 the other night since it is at night. Got down to 1:14.6 if I remember correct...and felt good with it. But I doubt that I can go that much faster.

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Did a test race for race 2 the other night since it is at night. Got down to 1:14.6 if I remember correct...and felt good with it. But I doubt that I can go that much faster.
14.1 with the sprint race fuel I think I did but didn't finish the race as I got taking out by the crazy I'm not going to brake to the 50m board AI

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
I can see quite a few different winners over the next 8 races and I'm hoping by the last race we have 3 or 4 guys neck and neck for the championship.

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Remember guys it's 100ltr for quail either load the setup or leave your pitbox then return to it. You will only be cheating yourself and myself or yabba will spot it and you will get DSQ

lassebrunsgaard

Formula Karter
May 5, 2018
I Still haven't been invited to the lobby, this is my first time here wasn't it supposed to open 7:45 pm?
PSN Id: Lasse__b
(double underscore)

YabbaTheHutt

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Mar 13, 2016
I've sent 2 to you. Will try again and check the name.