F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
League: TCR League
Date: 19/09/2019
Members Involved: @Dan_Suzuki
Lap & Corner: Lap 14 - Hairpin, turn 4
Description: Coming up to the hairpin I'm ahead of Dan into braking. I then got a small punt from behind which I held on to, and then within a short matter of time another one which made me lose control and 3 positions in the process. The obvious move would be to wait and hand back the position which he obviously didn't.

Video evidence:

Dan_Suzuki

AOR iRacing GTE Season 6 Champion
Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Sorry about the first tap. On 2nd contact - why do you want to close the door when there's a car next to you? I mean I also can't dissapear there, there was a lot of space on the left side of the track yet you decided to close the door there.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Sorry about the first tap. On 2nd contact - why do you want to close the door when there's a car next to you? I mean I also can't dissapear there, there was a lot of space on the left side of the track yet you decided to close the door there.
I wouldn't class this as being "next" to someone. After the first punt it pretty much ruined my run through the corner. I can not see this as being a fair move in the slightest.

Attachments

Dan_Suzuki

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Door open:

Closing the door, check my steering wheel - I'm keeping the same lock.

If I wasn't "next" to you, then why did you spin?

Anyways, don't wanna argue here - I'd say it's a racing incident, but I'm sorry that this cost you a few positions, of course I'd have prefered to not have a car contact.

Hooper

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jan 13, 2018
Door open:
View attachment 94983

Closing the door, check my steering wheel - I'm keeping the same lock.
View attachment 94984

If I wasn't "next" to you, then why did you spin?

Anyways, don't wanna argue here - I'd say it's a racing incident, but I'm sorry that this cost you a few positions, of course I'd have prefered to not have a car contact.
This never would have happened in the first place if I didn't get that first hit, I wouldn't have run wide and we would have made it out from that corner cleanly. That's my final say on it.

Dan_Suzuki

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2018
Yeah you're probably right. After the first tap I should've just given you the corner.

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
Closed with a 10 second time penalty to Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.