Team Selection Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Team Selection Thread

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

OTELL0

Pro Karter
Jul 5, 2014
The worst kind of league ever. To be honest extremely bad idea of having only BPL and Chp. teams.

Anyhow, QPR.

II OASIS I

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
The worst kind of league ever. To be honest extremely bad idea of having only BPL and Chp. teams.

Anyhow, QPR.
You are more than welcome to make your own suggestions on what leagues or teams to use

CallumBCFC19

1-time AOR X360 F5 Champion
Jun 2, 2014
This might sound really stupid and most of you will ignore this also very time consuming but I have an idea of doing a cup, with obviously everyone involved. Obviously it is down to everyone wanting to doing it. But I guess it would be good for division 2 people to play against the title contenders of Division 1.(or that might just be me). I guess it also takes us away from challenging for the title, trying to stay up or get promoted.

I don't really know how it would run, but what I was thinking was like one game a week or so, but haven't really thought of that.

Finally, I didn't know where to put it so i just put it here

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
This might sound really stupid and most of you will ignore this also very time consuming but I have an idea of doing a cup, with obviously everyone involved. Obviously it is down to everyone wanting to doing it. But I guess it would be good for division 2 people to play against the title contenders of Division 1.(or that might just be me). I guess it also takes us away from challenging for the title, trying to stay up or get promoted.

I don't really know how it would run, but what I was thinking was like one game a week or so, but haven't really thought of that.

Sounds good, the idea for a cup upset would be interesting :p

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014

We've wanted to do a cup for quite a while actually and at one point we were convinced we would be (we even put it in the s2 sign ups thread actually). Unfortunately EA removed the function of playing extra time + penalties on normal FIFA outside of cup matches on seasons (which are heavily impractical as there's no way to guarantee you'll find the right person). Due to this we could never get our heads around how to pull it off (we even had a World Cup special cancelled because of this) so it looks unlikely unless rather (A) EA bring back features from games made years ago or (B) someone figures out a way around this.

AOR Reversal

F1 Multiple Champion
Apr 12, 2014
We've wanted to do a cup for quite a while actually and at one point we were convinced we would be (we even put it in the s2 sign ups thread actually). Unfortunately EA removed the function of playing extra time + penalties on normal FIFA outside of cup matches on seasons (which are heavily impractical as there's no way to guarantee you'll find the right person). Due to this we could never get our heads around how to pull it off (we even had a World Cup special cancelled because of this) so it looks unlikely unless rather (A) EA bring back features from games made years ago or (B) someone figures out a way around this.
What me and my mates do in Wagers is Golden Goal, but I don't know if that takes away some of the drama and excitement of ET and Penalties...

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
What me and my mates do in Wagers is Golden Goal, but I don't know if that takes away some of the drama and excitement of ET and Penalties...
It's been proposed in the cod chat. I'll get back to you when a decision is made :)

FormulaMoss F1

Formula 3 Test Driver
Feb 19, 2014
Why dont you do replays like FA cup if your get draw at home then youl have to play away sort of thing, just makes it double less likely of the ET and penalties problem, as what are the chances of drawing two games in a row, and even if you did you can use the golden goal rule?

• Agree
Reactions: CallumBCFC19

KurtJP35

FIFA Coordinator
Staff member
FIFA Coordinator
FM Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
I've had a brief discussion with my fellow cods and we are in favour of doing a cup and we have a pretty good idea of how to get around the lack of extra time + pen options. We do have an issue still, there's 20 people in this league. 20 is not a particularly nice number to work with really... Here's the idea Grant proposed from a slice of our detailed breakdown:

"Although, if the first round consisted of D1 only then the 4 that progress join the 12 in D2 that would work. Because then we have 16 people left in the competition which works out nicely for a Final, semi, quarter and round of 16 game."
-TRL Schumacher-

This idea works well mathematically but I am somewhat unsure about the idea of cutting half of the league's supposed best players before Division 2 even joins in. If no one else can come up with an assured mathematically workable idea then we will go with this but I'm interested to see if you guys have any other suggestions on how to pull this off.