XB1 - The Press Area | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 The Press Area

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014
Hello everyone!

So, as you've probably guessed, this thread is where you are going to find 'press' articles throughout the season. This will include race previews, race reviews, and interviews. For example, the podium interviews. After each race, I'll be messaging the podium finishers with a few questions each for them to answer - these can be about the race in general, the season and other general stuff.

This hopefully will be a good way to get the drivers more immersed in the season, making it more 'interactive' if you like. Obviously, the aim is to get as many people as possible involved, no matter if you are slow, fast, or somewhere in-between.

I hope you enjoy the content that comes out :)

Joe

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Hello everyone!

So, as you've probably guessed, this thread is where you are going to find 'press' articles throughout the season. This will include race previews, race reviews, and interviews. For example, the podium interviews. After each race, I'll be messaging the podium finishers with a few questions each for them to answer - these can be about the race in general, the season and other general stuff.

This hopefully will be a good way to get the drivers more immersed in the season, making it more 'interactive' if you like. Obviously, the aim is to get as many people as possible involved, no matter if you are slow, fast, or somewhere in-between.

I hope you enjoy the content that comes out :)

Joe
This is possibly the greatest thing ever.

• Agree
Reactions: The Genius

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014

Hello everyone! You join me from the pit-lane of Donington Park, where the second round of the AOR GT3 Pro Championship has just come to an end. Joining us this week, we have the race winner @FTW ShadowDemon , second place man @FTW XtremeStorm and grabbing that final spot @Adam Tierney.

Let's get straight into it!

ShadowDemon, let's start with you.

Well. First race of the season, first pole of the season, first win of the season. Certainly an impressive start, can you talk us through how you did it?

Thanks I just tried to keep my race pace as consistent as possible.

It seems that you and @FTW XtremeStorm are very close in terms of general race pace,would it be fair to say he is going to be your main rival this season, or is it still too early to say?

Myself and xtremestorm have raced together for a while that's why we are so close on race pace. There are alot of fast drivers so I would say it's to early to say.

Next week the grid is off to the States and Road America, a very different track to Donington, and the first night race of the Season - do you expect to be up there at the front again or we will see you stuggle?

Road America is another track I like and I would like to think I will be towards the front again.

Certainly some positive thoughts there from the race winner, quite obviously riding the highs of victory.

Next, let's talk to
Storm, who finished the race just under 10 seconds behind, despite being within 5 seconds from the top spot for most of the race.

Well, Storm, like Shadow, this was also your first race - it must feel great to come in as a 'rookie' and come home in second place, just 10 seconds behind the leader. Take us through what was key for you in order to secure that position.

It feels fantastic coming in as a rookie and getting a podium on my first race of the season. My key order was for me to keep my cool and try not to make to many mistakes.

This 10-Race season is certainly going to be a long one for all the drivers, you were strong at Donington, and your pace seems consistent, would you say that this would make you a definite contender for the championship title?
I think if I manage to keep my cool and stay consistent in all my races and get podiums then I will give it a good try to win the championship title.

We're off to the very popular Road America next week - what are your expectations heading into our first race out of Europe?
My expectations are high and positive going into the next round if I pull off the same performance as I did at Donington then I will be really happy.
I would like to say a massive thank you to all my supporters out there and to all my sponsors.

Thanks Storm, finally we speak to Adam Tierney (Octane) who finished a strong third and therefore putting his first points on the table after a disappointing start to the season at Hockenhiem.

It should come as no surprise to the grid that you did well this race, after an unfortunate console issue last-time-out - a race that you should have perhaps won. Was it simple enough to take that final podium slot, over a minute ahead of your team-mate in 4th place?

It was far from simple! I didn't get a very good start and within a few laps I was already down to 5th place. Luckily thanks to some over taking and some mistakes from others I got back into 2nd and in a battle with xtremestorm. If it wasn't for that I could have very easily been stuck behind them for the whole race and finish 5th.
Your team Aston Martin have a very strong line-up this season, and after Round 2 are now in third place, just behind McLaren after you and genius finished 3rd and 4th. Is taking the Manufacturers title possible, with a fast BMW Z4 team already 40 points ahead, or is Round 2 far too early to predict who is going to have a chance of winning it?​

Shadow is a great addition to Aston Martin, he is very quick and hopefully we can close the gap to McLaren and BMW. With a few high speed tracks on the calendar we will have the advantage over xtremestorm in the BMW. I'm sure we will be title contenders this season.
Next week the grid is off to the States and Road America, how do you rate your chances there at this early stage? Is it a track you enjoy? With the first night conditions of the season it's looking to provide spectators with a hell of a race.​

Honestly it's not a track I particularly enjoy, I tend to avoid it if I can. I'm going to have to put in a lot of practice to get used to the track and feel comfortable in the car. Hopefully I can get another podium there and maybe beat one of the FTW guys. As for night racing, I am quite excited to be racing at night but it is a catalyst for mistakes so it will definitely make things interesting .

Well, there you have it folks. It seems that the FTW drivers are seeking another victory in the next Round, and are certainly confident despite the night conditions. While Tierney looks to make sure he finishes strongly, potentially benefiting from the mistakes of others - could this include the FTW drivers?

Join me next week for the Race Preview of Round 3 - Road America.

Wizard

1-time AOR XB1 GT3 Pro Champion
Mar 20, 2014
Are you talking to me (for the race)?

thank you for the birthday wish

Joe XD

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 8, 2014

Hello everyone!

You join me from the garage of Team McLaren, who have just begun their practice session in preparation for Round 3 of the AOR GT3 Pro Championship at Road America.

This 4.04 mile road circuit situated on the outskirts of Plymouth in the State of Wisconsin, United States plays host to the first race out of Europe this Season. It’s a very popular circuit, for both the fans and drivers of all the different events that take place here, from the NASCAR series and from 2016 onwards, the Indycar Series. As well as various endurance races.

In terms of the virtual world this track has always provided us with some fantastic close racing, most recently in the AOR Pro Mazda Championship, where the leaders had a photo finish to determine the result. Let’s hope that this GT3 race will provide us with plenty to talk about after the winner crosses the finish line.

It is also the first track of the season, and in the history of the AOR GT3 Championship, to be held at night - demanding even more skill and concentration from the drivers taking to the grid this week. It’s certainly going to shake things up a bit, perhaps even cause a major upset.

Undoubtedly one of the most challenging circuits on the calendar this season to master, with nearly every corner having a characteristic that can easily throw any driver off into the gravel if they are not concentrating. Let’s take a look at the key points on this circuit, and what the drivers need to be looking out for when those lights go green.

Turn 5 - A popular spot for overtaking in the Pro Mazda Cars, Turn 5 sits at the end of a long straight after Turn 3 (from which the exit is incredibly important). With plenty of room for overtaking and of course taking advantage of the slipstream from the car ahead. A slow entry with a wide exit has full potential to cause trouble, especially from the likely dive-bombs from some of the drivers.

Turn 6 & 7 - Perhaps the most iconic corners on this circuit, the exit of turn 5 sets you up for two fast but incredibly tricky corners, with little room for error. With an iconic blind uphill entry to turn 6, the drivers who set their cars up with more downforce are going to be the ones who benefit here as turn 7 is a flat-out right hander heading back down the hill. Running wide is easy and you'll nearly always spin, but lift too much as you’ll find yourself defending into Turn 8.

Turn 9 - Similar to Luffield at Silverstone, the Carousel is a long, wide sweeping right-hander. Go too fast, and you’ll find yourself in the gravel trap, and it’s easy to think mid-way round that you are going too slowly, and the feeling to hit the accelerator creeps in (where experience and good throttle control will make the difference). Time that burst of acceleration right and you’ll set yourself up for the final sector of the circuit perfectly.

Turn 14 - Perhaps the most important corner on this track, the final turn is deceiving. Get it wrong, your whole lap is ruined, take it perfectly though and you’ll be well on your way to setting a fast lap, as it leads onto the pit-straight and the run to the finish. This corner can make or break your race, so mastering this should be priority for all the drivers, especially in the night conditions, with no braking boards showing the way, a blind apex on entry and just after a tricky sequence of corners.

Taking all of this under consideration, how can we look into predicting the result? How much can the night conditions change the result of this race from the regular winners?

As we’ve stated, the night racing certainly hands the drivers a new challenge. Those in clean air with a clear track ahead will be able to concentrate more on pumping in those consistent laps, so whoever makes it onto pole will have an advantage in the mid-stage of the race when it’s pitch black if they keep the lead in the early stages.

The Newbie: @Smithycity99

He certainly picked a tricky track to come back to the GT3 grid this Season, staying in the McLaren alongside previous team-mate and S1 Semi-Pro Champ @Wizard as well as new-Mclaren-man S1 Semi-Pro Runner up @Joe XD .Smithy has said that he is only looking to beat his team-mate and rival Joe XD throughout the season, the question is, can he do it?

One-to-Watch: @Dejaeger22

Undoubtedly one of the quickest guys in the field, and Hockenhiem winner, Dejager will be looking to come back from a disappointing race in Donington Park and steal the show in Road America. He’ll be faced with a tough challenge from the FTW drivers, who in their podium interviews stated they both felt they’d have a strong chance of victory in this event, and ShadowDemon will be looking to start a streak of wins. Dejager22 is my ‘dark horse’ for this event.

So, who else do I predict to do well in this race? To conclude the Round 3 preview here is my Top-5 prediction:

1. @FTW XtremeStorm
2. @Dejaeger22
3. @FTW ShadowDemon
4. @Orange Tiger NL
5. @Adam Tierney

That’s my top 5, what’s yours? Comment below!

Thanks for reading and see you Wednesday night folks.

(Sorry about the image sizes, that'll be sorted for next time :p)

The Genius

Alex Championship runner-up & 1-time GP2 Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Premium Member
Sep 30, 2014
Don't you worry @Smithycity99 , @Devastation
is a driver that is hard to lap and also a good driver to make pit stops on track.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: CallumBCFC19